Red Bull Boss: Police general allegedly involved in falsifying vehicle speeds, claims Thai media

webfact

1 hour ago, Sir Anthony Rumbold said:

This does not reflect well on Thailand as a whole.

Once you get used to the idea that corruption in Thailand is endemic, from top to bottom, and that the Royal Thai Police force were said to be the most corrupt department in Thailand, by the Thai ombudsman, then reality will set in.

Such a shame, because the poor lower class Thai gets tarred with the same brush, and it's not always the case.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

He said he was a swift operator and would be convening the investigation committee at 10 am sharp tomorrow. 

I would be impressed if it was 0700 sharp. First on the agenda of a mid-morning meeting would be.....coffee break.

A SWIFT operator transfers money.......Just saying.....

Edited by PETERTHEEATER
  • Thanks 1

Strip the high ranked Pol General or so from their ranks and they can be investigated by anyone.. If not guilty give them their rangs back. Or better everyone who seems to be involved in this case....

Edited by ikke1959

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Once you get used to the idea that corruption in Thailand is endemic, from top to bottom, and that the Royal Thai Police force were said to be the most corrupt department in Thailand, by the Thai ombudsman, then reality will set in.

Such a shame, because the poor lower class Thai gets tarred with the same brush, and it's not always the case.

Knowing that the chief ombudsman is an army General adds an additional layer of irony to it.

Edited by candide

You guys appear to have overlooked something that may prove vital to the outcome,  "dropped charges that were subsequently reintroduced by Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha after the backlash"

After reading this I have to ask myself, "what's the angle?"

Everything He's touched or got involved with is because he's making something of it!

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Such a sickening case, a poor man dragged to his untimely death by a spineless young prat who thinks he is above the law.

His family have paid several million to senior police for this matter to go away.... Sickening

His family members who were involved along with every corrupt member of law enforcement her involved in this matter should be jailed for life

Careful of pig poop raining down on your beautiful house Colin????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Look, just save everyone time and money and admit the Thai justice system is biased and favors the rich. Or is used by those in power, to maintain their power.

Everyone knows it, so it's not like some revelation which will shake the Kingdom to its core.

It's based on the 200 year old Three-Seals Laws, so you can imagine it favored those at the top.

Pretending otherwise is delusional.

Just drop this Boss thing. 

If/when he comes back he'll be It might be better this way? He'll remain a symbol for the failure that is the Thai "legal" system

'a pariah.'? Do you really think so? The people of his ilk and of those he mixes with couldn't give a damn. They will even pat him on the back for maintaining the status quo.

6 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

No doubt the fugitive is waiting for the 10 year mark so the crime can be melted away in the system.

In my mind there is no reason why statute of limitations on crimes cannot be say 10 years, but get paused when someone leaves the country and restarted on arrival. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gamb00ler said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Not every one is shown on the website and police forces do not get their Interpol advisories from a public website!

Please share your knowledge and experience about the Interpol Red Notices.

Is The Boss not on the public Interpol Red Notice list so as to not run afoul of Thailand's crazy defamation laws?

I've no idea about that.

4 hours ago, Sir Anthony Rumbold said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Thailand would not be the only country involved in an extradition request from the RTP!    Extradition depends on the co-operation of the other country.   Beggars belief that so many posters can't get that into their heads.

Is there an Interpol red notice out for this person? If so, does anyone have proof of that other than what the RTP have said?

Apparently, there is.    Interpol could verify it but they don't have to prove it to anonymous forum commentators.   

But, what if there isn't a notice?   Interpol cannot compel any police force to arrest him, anyway, and, as he's not committed any offences anywhere apart from Thailand and, therefore, he's not wanted in any other country, the chances of an overseas force arresting him is practically zero so it really doesn't matter, does it?   

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

In theory you maybe correct but this is Thailand where a person who once killed a police sergeant who was killed in front of 30 plus witnesses, went on the run overseas and eventually was acquitted and then became a member of the government. I could mention many more incidents but I am sure you get my drift.

He became a policeman before getting into the government.????

7 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

He became a policeman before getting into the government.????

Thanks  for that. I also omitted that he  became a monk which really highlights the farcical system here in Thailand and the elite, who just do what they want, when they want, and the people just accept it.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, candide said:

Red notices database check is standard routine at immigration controls so anyone subject to such a notice is likely to be arrested at incoming airport or other computerised checkpoint. That's how most people are caught.

So if boss has not been arrested it means that either there was no red notice, or he did not cross borders. If what people say is true, that he's been seen in several F1 events in the world, then there's no red notice.

"Red notices database check is standard routine at immigration controls so anyone subject to such a notice is likely to be arrested at incoming airport or other computerised checkpoint. That's how most people are caught".

Only if the police in that country want to arrest him, they are not compelled to do that.  Vorayuth is not wanted in any country except Thailand.    Red notices (any notices) are advisory, that's all.

"So if boss has not been arrested it means that either there was no red notice, or he did not cross borders".

No, it does not mean that!   It simply means that the police chose not to arrest him, after all, he's not wanted, nor has committed any crime in that country.  Interpol notices are notices, not instructions, and Interpol does not control how member police forces operate.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The newly appointed head of the investigation committee is now a full police general.

This is because one of the police under investigation for wrong doing is himself a police general so he must be investigated by someone of similar rank.

Fast track to the top!

Nothing is going to happen.

The statue of limitations ends in less than two years in this case.

All we'll end up with is another overweight general wearing a tight brown uniform wearing lots of medals you can purchase in a dime store.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edwinchester said:

People are boycotting Food Panda after they became upset over an alleged dismissal....I wonder if there'll be a boycott of Red bull product over this carryon?

I do. But they don't care