COVID-19 Vaccinations for foreigners residing in Thailand

mtls2005

Over 60 registration Bang Sue Central RR station

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform

Another interesting nugget based on the total number of foreigners...

The working figure appear to be ~ 5 mm  (4,899,337).

170,007 divided by 3.47%

The source is given on the chart in tiny print below the 3.47 %  (2019)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Miguel Delrio

I am planning to travel to the Bang Sue site Friday. Any help with up to date experiences much appreciated! I am 79 and living in Cha Am. I am planning to drive up Friday morning to the Bang Sue location which advertises walk-in injections for expats. I understand that registration is on the spot and the injection follows in an hour or two. I also understand that wheelchairs are used throughout the process. . .though I cant fathom why. ( And is there a phone number to call to check on the availability of the vaccine at the Bang Sue center? Travel restrictions driving from Cha Am to Bangkok appear rigorous at the provincial borders. We registered for a QR travel Code. Can’t tell if it is good from now until Friday or must be done on the day. Biggest fear is being stopped at the border, especially returning home after being vaccinated. 14 day quarantine? In Bangkok?  Very unclear and seems risky . . .and will they even let us through to get the vaccination? Thanks for any help, though I fully realize that no one can predict the future in a constantly changing world.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf_M5LMBUrxjtqtiRjp0dmtAgXHxrOBYN5T__fj_wuUPwen9A/viewform

170,007 divided by 3.47%

Ya, That works out to be about 7% of the population based on Thailand having 70 million people.

3 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

170,007 divided by 3.47%

Yes, it matches with the chart on page 12 of the Thailand IOM report of 2019. This shows a total. non Thai, population of 4,898,461. 

https://thailand.iom.int/sites/thailand/files/document/publications/Thailand Report 2019_22012019_LowRes.pdf

A breakdown, by nationality, is not seemingly available but rough guestimates can possibly be deduced based on the element descriptions.

1 hour ago, Miguel Delrio said:

I am planning to travel to the Bang Sue site Friday. Any help with up to date experiences much appreciated! I am 79 and living in Cha Am. I am planning to drive up Friday morning to the Bang Sue location which advertises walk-in injections for expats. I understand that registration is on the spot and the injection follows in an hour or two. I also understand that wheelchairs are used throughout the process. . .though I cant fathom why. ( And is there a phone number to call to check on the availability of the vaccine at the Bang Sue center? Travel restrictions driving from Cha Am to Bangkok appear rigorous at the provincial borders. We registered for a QR travel Code. Can’t tell if it is good from now until Friday or must be done on the day. Biggest fear is being stopped at the border, especially returning home after being vaccinated. 14 day quarantine? In Bangkok?  Very unclear and seems risky . . .and will they even let us through to get the vaccination? Thanks for any help, though I fully realize that no one can predict the future in a constantly changing world.

Is Bang Sue still doing walkins?  I thought it ended on the 18th.  Perhaps it has changed again.  

My wife got her vaccination there last month.  It was very well run, better run than Phaythai 2 where I got mine the same day.  She is 70 and did not use a wheel chair at all.

Yesterday I got my second jab at Phayathai 2.  Traveled from Ratchaburi, Nakhon Pathom, Nonthaburi, Bangkok.  There were no checkpoints at all going there.  On the way back home there was one checkpoint in Nakhon Pathom.  Both police and army personnel but they were just waving everyone thru, no checking at all.

Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very interesting that there are hospitals in Phuket presumably offering something other than the pre-paid and sold out within minutes Moderna that may arrive next year.  How are those of us living in Phang Nga supposed to get a jab when we can't enter Phuket unless fully vaccinated?????

So now its beyond obvious how this works.

1. Immigrant labor working for peanut to enrich wealthy Thai corporate interests - to the front of the line.
2. Chinese were vaccinated by their own country who cares for their citizens.
(Persona Non Grata) Everyone else - "Go to hell.  Free free to die foreign scum.  You mean nothing to either Thailand or your own countries." <---  A combined message from both foreign embassies led by the US embassy (China and France excluded) and the Thai government.

ER2.jpg.2e4b7438e9e28d56600599f8abed5b92.jpg

And elderly expats.  Die quickly.  Neither your embassies or the Thai government gives a rip about your pathetic old caresses.  You're the most vulnerable.  So just quit breathing and leave your money in a Thai bank for the government.  Just die.  Here, let us help by withholding vaccines. 
830529054_Screenshotfrom2021-07-2116-56-10.png.e27b1cd96e36476da8994bce7d01d66b.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Miguel Delrio said:

Go early.

Take water

Majority is outside under coverage But it can be HOT.

It was relatively smooth.

Still took me 5 hours.

No wheelchairs...

I did not know there was walk in.

I maybe wrong but everyone I spoke to had registered online.

The chamber of commerce had pushed a mass foreigners vax.

But it was a very small window

Registration opens 12 midnight Friday closed 11am Saturday.

Appointments were Sunday starting 9am till 5pm.

AZ vax knocked me about for 2 days felt like a truck had run me over now just a sore arm.

I was in and out of Bang Sue in just one hour a week ago.  I was helped through every step.  Being over 75, I was able to just walk in.  The notice shown in a post above says that walking in is still open for people 75 and over.  People 60 and over must register in the form also posted above to be vaccinated at Bang Sue.

4 minutes ago, placnx said:

So it seems that these statistics do not count the French who were vaccinated through the arrangement with the French government.

true, they forget Bangkok hospital with thousands of French above 55 

again, statistics wrong 

On 7/21/2021 at 6:16 PM, placnx said:

So it seems that these statistics do not count the French who were vaccinated through the arrangement with the French government.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:22 PM, Aforek said:

true, they forget Bangkok hospital with thousands of French above 55 

again, statistics wrong 

Yeah, my guess is that specials, like France which subsidized the administration of a vaccine (J&J) not available to the government or its citizens currently (yes, it is Thai FDA approved for EU), would not be included in these figures. Just like all the private Thai citizens who traveled to the U.S. for vaccinations, or the various diplomats who've been privately vaccinated.

Not sure that makes this government-published graphic "wrong"?

If offended maybe just add in your French figures, and voila, happiness is returned.

I don't know if already posted on this forum (as I could not find such if it was) but on the French Embassy to Thailand web site, they note that they have a plan in the works to offer Pfizer or Moderna vaccine to any French citizens in Thailand (age-18 and older) not yet vaccinated.  In the mean time, if French citizens who do not want to wait for the Pfizer or Moderna to be vaccinated, France (Embassy ? )  still have J&J in stock and can vaccinate now those French citizens with J&J vaccine.   The web site FAQ is here (in French language):   http://th.ambafrance.org/Vaccination-organisee-par-l-ambassade-de-France-La-Foire-aux-Questions-FAQ-5276 

... and here is a JPEG image (Google Chrome translation) of part of that website, into the English language, for those who don't read French:

2021-07-french-embassy-to-thailand-640w.jpg