PM reflects on Covid crisis: It looked so beautiful now it's come to this - blames rule breakers

webfact

8 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

It may be, and likely is true that the spread is coming from those who don't care about anyone else and put their own entertainment at the top priority, much higher than the right of others to live.

But the man is Thai. He's old enough to know that in Thai culture, there is little or no planning for tomorrow, that most people live by the day and do not care about the consequences of their actions tomorrow.

As such, this should have been expected, considered and included into the planning. It wasn't. And that is a huge failure on his, and government's part.

Then again, when I see what's going on in the West, I don't think they are faring that much better. They have done what is demanded here from government - got hold of vaccines, for instance, available anywhere and immediately, where people have choice which they want. But... People refuse to take them and instead go for holiday to Spain.

Should that have been expected? Yes, actually it should but it wasn't there either.

So from a helicopter view, this pandemic has only confirmed that no matter how big the problem, unlike in the movies, the World will NOT come together as one to fight it. Instead people will become even more self-centered, claim anything that restricts their freedoms is a conspiracy, call anyone who disagrees with them "blind sheep" and blame the government for outcome. And this is in pretty much every country on this planet.

Yes. It's as if nature was testing the human race and it's scored a D-. Every government and its people, some more than others, has made a total hash of dealing with the virus. Too slow to close borders, too reluctant to totally shut down all but absolutely essential services for two weeks, too many people acting as you say - believing the necessary rules don't apply to them/are an infringement of their human rights/it's only like the flu/it's all fake. I've long held the belief that the human race will manage to eradicate itself in the not too distant future, and nothing about this pandemic has made me change my mind.

• Like 2

As much as Prayut is the front man, most average, normal Thai people understand this as the actual reality. 

How can you sell vaccines if you don't have a plague?

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, edwinchester said:

I'm in awe of the student protests that having been taking place, very good and very brave people fighting for their rights and futures.

And achieving absolutely nothing. Still, if it makes them feel happy that they are at least trying I suppose that's something. But any of them expecting they can actually change anything are delusional. To quote the PM in another context, "It is what it is".

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Sad 2

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. It's as if nature was testing the human race and it's scored a D-. Every government and its people, some more than others, has made a total hash of dealing with the virus. Too slow to close borders, too reluctant to totally shut down all but absolutely essential services for two weeks, too many people acting as you say - believing the necessary rules don't apply to them/are an infringement of their human rights/it's only like the flu/it's all fake. I've long held the belief that the human race will manage to eradicate itself in the not too distant future, and nothing about this pandemic has made me change my mind.

I agree with most of what you say. There is a very big doubt with substantial scientific backing over this being a natural virus though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TKDfella said:

Sounds more like he is dwelling in self pity or is he just trying to convince himself of that. The latter I think.

There was a Guy, Erich Mielke - Minister of State Secret Service in the former DDR / East Germany.

He spoke at the end of his Power : I love You, I love You All

Though I agree with a lot of the points here, this is unobjective journalism.

If it is an editorial, than label the article as such.

The article should state what Prayut said including necessary background info without including the writers opinions.

Bias like this is why many people don't trust what they read anymore.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

"We brought infections down to zero and the world looked on and said what a marvellous job Thailand had done"

Nope the world looked on and said, "the idiots running this country aren't testing anyone, of course the numbers are going to be low! I wonder what the infection rate per person tested is"?

This man really cannot accept an ounce of failure as a direct result of his incompetence. 

I seriously wonder what other world leaders actually think of this idiots handling of the pandemic. 

When the world gets out of this mess, who is going to have any confidence investing in LoS 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Its sad to say, but here we are, 2100 curfew till 0400, with possibilities  of step accountability,  other parameters are please stay home ... two things really need to happen, and I just dont know why its not been done.  At least a three week, stay at home dont come out, with the military  in fulL PPE keeping people at home, that would also stop the border crossing. And vaccinating,  and not just here, this needs global cooperation.   It sounds harsh, it sound traumatic,  but I bet if you ask a child what they feel would stop this global crisis,  they might say its the only way.  Unfortunately  its the scene  from science fiction,  but thats the way to stop it.  People just cant be trusted to do the right thing.

You think it will stop the illegal border crossing that's done with the help of the army and/or high placed people and construction companies . And the people that can't be trusted to do the right thing are just those people and mr P and mr A and the rest of their goons .

Until this April everything was going good until a certain minister decided to allow songkran to take place what a huge mistake that was so its not the public to blame but himself for allowing this to happen so now he uses the good folk of Thailand to blame for the out breaks since April shame on him he is the self appointed leader of Covid yet he has failed miserably to ensure the Thai public are fully vaccinated yet he and his cronies ensured that they were fully vaccinated sadly the earthquake is just starting soon and it will be very soon we will see 20,000 daily covid cases and 100s of deaths due to his incompetence 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Then he took aim at the principal causes citing familiar bugbears:

People gambling

People drinking alcohol

People having parties

People congregating in too large numbers.

Such people have brought death and illness, he said, blaming certain sections of the public for reckless behavior endangering and causing trouble to others.

3 Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?
5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

ER2.jpg.4aacc494750cf3b80775f8205b1b9479.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, flyfrog said:

Should the government not be blamed for not ordering vaccines in time???

of course  ..... This government, as the other also in the UK, AU, EU and the US didn't have a crystal ball.

Some on here think they PM should have ordered the vaccine earlier,  so do you think everyone was going to order millions and millions of doses because maybe there will be a bad third wave ???    I didn't see Australia ordering 40 million doses six weeks ago .....  I didn't see the US ordering 600 million doses two months ago. 

Edited by steven100
  • Sad 3

'We beat the first wave, he claimed, thanks to the medical services and everyone in the country pulling together.' I doubt that. Hardly any testing was being done and Thailand didn't know how many were infected. 

10 hours ago, pokerface1 said:

Government people gambling with the lives of it's people in oh so many ways I just can't count

9 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

There is now a serious deficit of trust of Prayut and his ministers competency to lead the country out of this crisis and post crisis economic rebuilding. He can’t continue to lead the country when majority of the people feel that he is the problem not the solution. The best thing for him to “stand with the people” is for him and his government to resign and form a unity government and promise an early election. 

Think you mean….military government ,

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

of course  ..... This government, as the other also in the UK, AU, EU and the US didn't have a crystal ball.

Some on here think they PM should have ordered the vaccine earlier,  so do you think everyone was going to order millions and millions of doses because maybe there will be a bad third wave ???    I didn't see Australia ordering 40 million doses six weeks ago .....  I didn't see the US ordering 600 million doses two months ago. 

Of course no one can tell the future, but you'd think with all the advisors and medical professionals giving him advice and given that he's had like 18 months or so to do something that he might have made some steps to ensuring more people had been vaccinated than the small percentage of the population.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Instead of offering solutions this government continues to blame everyone and everybody but themselves.

Very bad leadership qualities.

Only once some of the police and high ranking families start dying of COVID-19 will people demand this inept governments ouster.

• Like 1