PM reflects on Covid crisis: It looked so beautiful now it's come to this - blames rule breakers

webfact

5 hours ago, robblok said:

Was it not Prayut who said go on Songkran, were it not high ranking officials in the Crystal club. Is it not the army that could not control the smuggling in of migrant workers. To me it seems Prayut started it and is looking to shift the blame.

Not to mention failed vaccine procuration and lies. Nice deflection but not good enough for anyone who read the news.

You forgot to mention the Boxing fiasco organized by the Army, which kicked it all off!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Absolutly discraceful and will not wash with the public. Everyone knows where the blame lies. Alcohol in the cross hairs. I'm a bit suprised there hasn't already been a blanket ban. Maybe it's coming.

Really? Do they know? Let’s reflect on this blame game. If I remember correctly, during one of the bar closure lockdowns, Thai girls snuck into Myanmar to work. Then came back and infected people in Thailand. This was the starting point. After that, illegal migrant workers snuck into Thailand using Thai brokers hired by Thai employers and infected everyone. Oh wait, next the rich high so Thais, gathered in Thonglor bars and we find ourselves where we are today!  So as far as I can see, the blame for this current Covid situation is clear. On the other hand, the vaccination program is completely corrupt and this is the only thing wrong with this government, buts it’s a big thing. I blame the Thai people and the Pattaya farang for their greedy money hungry and party lifestyles. The Thais, illegal migrant workers and partying. For the foreigners, illegal villa parties, group gatherings and so forth. Everyone is to blame in many ways. Now we all must come together and turn this around. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Rule Breaker no. 1 who broke the 2007 Constitution with a coup and assigned himself with absolute power complains about "people" breaking Covid 19 rules.

Their consequence is either sever infection or death.

PM's consequence, an appolgy and blame-game.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

"But I have always been there for you", he continued "providing you with help" in many ways.

Sounds more like he is dwelling in self pity or is he just trying to convince himself of that. The latter I think.

He is the biggest rule breaker of all because he broke the rule of democracy and replaced it with jacboots, attitude adjustment, draconian use of primitive laws, and allowed rampant corruption and elite favoritism to overtake the lives of the people. There is no retribution harsh enough for doing this. Just ask Marcos, Mussolini, Hitler, etc etc.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, WEBBYB808 said:

Its sad to say, but here we are, 2100 curfew till 0400, with possibilities  of step accountability,  other parameters are please stay home ... two things really need to happen, and I just dont know why its not been done.  At least a three week, stay at home dont come out, with the military  in fulL PPE keeping people at home, that would also stop the border crossing. And vaccinating,  and not just here, this needs global cooperation.   It sounds harsh, it sound traumatic,  but I bet if you ask a child what they feel would stop this global crisis,  they might say its the only way.  Unfortunately  its the scene  from science fiction,  but thats the way to stop it.  People just cant be trusted to do the right thing.

As a 71 year old it’s a long long time since I went out between 2100- 0400 for any type of socializing or entertainment.

In fact the last time I went out between those hours was to take my daughter to hospital which would be allowed under the current restrictions.

Maybe one of the advantages of growing older perhaps.i

I live in a small condominium complex and we had 4 cases of covid - called the Chonburi health authorities, who were galvanised into inertia and did nothing, but I guess that we were being reckless in calling

However a recent survey concluded that out of 121 countries, Thailand was number 119 as being the worst, no mention of reckless behaviour!! 

Nikkei COVID-19 Recovery Index - Nikkei Asia

Benjamin Franklin once said any fool can criticise, condemn and complain and most fools do; that is why I personally seldom criticise but I have to wonder if he would retract that comment in light of what has taken place here