Domestic buyers snapping up properties in Thai resort destinations

Jonathan Fairfield

14 minutes ago, realfunster said:

I’m not convinced. Hua Hin remains popular with Thais, so it is possible the impact there will be much less that more foreign orientated places such as Phuket & Samui. I doubt overall there is anything like the pre-pandemic levels of real estate activity though.

I viewed a few properties in HH around this time last year, after the first 2020 lockdown.

The agent also gave me the same spiel then, business had been amazing and lots of Bangkokians were suddenly buying up HH properties.

Strange then that the 3 places I viewed are still on the market a year later !

And the price down, yes strange, who said sellers lie like............

42 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

they are going to be disappointed when they get to Hua Hin and realize it looks nothing like that heavily photoshopped photo.   

if only the water was that color. 

Photo I took at Hua Hin harbour a few years back, I thought the sea colour was nice.

IMG_20180317_092548_PANO.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Narrow minded. A large part of the Thai population live in commercial and industrial areas a bit removed from the tourist dependent regions.

They have continued to work throughout the pandemic, staying at home and saving money. Even during the first lockdown many of the large factories around here had a facelift, life didn't come to a grinding halt as many would make out.

Our son runs a small to medium size company ,business is very good. 

• Like 2