Thai media vow to fight until government lifts restrictions on free expression

webfact

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Keep pushing the people backwards, not allowing them to speak freely, and the country will one day be on fire with a movement to remove this government.   You can not keep the people locked in a corner. 

Really? 1918 was the Russian Revolution,  China, 1949. Many others where the so called Revoltutionary governments are suppressing free speech, others where Royal families jail their own family members.

it's a crime to revolt again the revolutionary government, a revolution that happened decades ago. It's anti revolutionary, despite being exactly what happens when the revolutionaries take power. 

Name me one government my that has fallen recently due to press freedom issues. Control the press, control the people. Have only the opinions the government permits. Thailand, as a country, will never rebel against the current government. It is supported at the highest levels of Thai society.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I have always wondered why the media doesn't  broadcast the protests live in Bangkok.. It is important for the people to see and hear what really is going on. The country is on fire and we see on the Tv only stupid funny shows.

The country is not on fire. Look around you. Where are the revolutionaries? There are none. A few 10,000s of people, in total, protesting, if that. The majority don't care, or if they do, they have more important things to worry about. Like Bangkok shipping people 'home', who are sick with Covid, so that the provinces spread it and Bangkok can say, we are clear now.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

The National Press Council of Thailand, the News Broadcast Council of Thailand, the Thai Journalists Association, the Online News Providers Association, the Thai Broadcast Journalists Association and the National Union of Journalists of Thailand issued a joint statement today (Wednesday) demanding that the government lift all restrictions

It’s so simple…..the government will lift all restrictions on free expression as soon as the media learns to freely express itself…..correctly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is too bad that this former General, and now PM is so well

connected, that a coup is aparently not possible. I thought foolishly

that there was more powerful people in Thailand,  but I guess not.

Too bad, as this PM in my opinion is a real dud.

Geezer

Alas, they're a dollar short and a coup too late.

We're headed toward a failed state at this rate. Read a recent story about how 30 years of rampant political corruption crushed the life out of Lebanon, and the dockyard disaster was the coup de grace, pardon the pun. 

Covid, and the economic fallout, will be Thailand's "dockyard disaster."