Has Thaksin finally found a way of returning to Thailand ‘through the front door’?

webfact

2 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Yet, the slighted irony being that the Shinawatras were of the elite/establishment make up - always were. A different membership, sort to speak.

Though, both found themselves in a curious position of having to cow tow to the traditional influence, all the while presenting themselves as surface progressive [whatever that is] and "alternative" - but in the end either weren't really that. 

So is that young billionaire from Bangkok who has the youth on his side ..... also not a poor guy, maybe there is a fresh wind or different wind blowing in Thailand ,might be a good Teaming up with T , the old an young generation join politic forces 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, david555 said:

So is that young billionaire from Bangkok who has the youth on his side ..... also not a poor guy, maybe there is a fresh wind or different wind blowing in Thailand ,might be a good Teaming up with T , the old an young generation join politic forces 

This is terribly romantic and all those good things - in a perfect world. 

But we're talking about an oligarchical system that does everything in it's power to prevent any and every opposition/alternative to exist. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robblok said:

I disagree, i remember the protests the riots his constant lying. If i did not know better id say him and Prayut are the same. I mean maybe you missed his constant lying and cheating. I don't miss it, same with YL lying and cheating and now Prayut.. all the same. In power deny their mistakes deny everything try to shut people up.

No sir I dont remember things better i do remember that it was Thaksin that reintroduced the 90 day reporting im sure that made you smile and happy.

I do not have any problem with 90 day reporting ..... Waw ???? as even that you must dig up to blame him , i even did not know... , but the low class people still remember that he improved as much possible their fait , 30 baht & the rice subsidies comes in mind  

Prayut could easily cancel that 90 day reporting .... why you don' t suggest it to him ? ..... but seems he like it too ???? 

Edited by david555

12 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was never any restriction for him to come back to Thailand. He has Thai citizenship, he could and can return anytime.

The only thing which holds him back is the fact that he thinks he is above the law. He is not. How many years does he need to understand that simple concept?

Isn't that is how Thailand works. You have a supposed government full of  crooks and convicts and you think Thaksin is bad

10 hours ago, jvs said:

I am not sure i can agree,this happened under his watch.

Widow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.PHOTO: AFPWidow Sitirokayah Salaeh visits the cemetery in Tak Bai where her late husband Mahamad Lohbako is buried together with other anti-government demonstrators who died during the 2004 Tak Bai incident, in Narathiwat, Thailand, on Oct 24, 2019.

But it was done by the army.

16 minutes ago, robblok said:

Its strange that you don't get me.. i dislike Prayut just as much if not more. That is why i don't want either of them in power. Get it.. that one side is bad does not make the other side good especially here. So im sure Prayut liked the 90 day. But you were the one saying farangs like Thaksin.. no farang i ever knew liked the 90 reporting.

Now if future forward its real leader was available in this choice of the three then at least there would be someone who i think is good. But if i have to choose between two evils i rather choose neither.

Can you refer to a post of mine where i specific  say Farangs like Thaksin ? (some do some don't ) 

So a 90 day rapport is the qualification if a politician is O.K. or not ....????

I prefer him above the present one and above that Suthep Abhisit duo , because i see how many Thais like him , and also because  2 elections  he won (if i am correct ? )  and Sister 1 , a pure confirmation from the majority of the Thai people .....

turn it like you wish, but it stands solid 

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Exactly which part of my 3 line comment don't you understand?

I will repeat my last line in bold and big letters. Maybe that helps you reading it. If you understand it depends your intelligence.

Some people pretend it must be Prayut or Thaksin. No! Those are just two of many options.

Ooooh !!.

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why are two convicted criminals the best chance?

Are there no competent and honest people in Thailand?

Some people pretend it must be Prayut or Thaksin. No! Those are just two of many options.

"many options"?  Like who?  Thanatorn?  What happened to him, and his party?  Who did it to him?  Why?   What does that say about how things work, and what options are available?  Those are mostly rhetorical questions.  The  real question--what are Thai people's realistic options at this point?  I'd be pleased to hear about them.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, david555 said:

What you would think to come afloat on surface if (if ever) this ones in charge would be gone .....after such a long time in the driving seat ? ????

I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting at…

Again and again these fairy tales. Just as the Red Bull Boss gets away with it, so will Thaksin. All you have to do in Thailand is fill your pockets with the right people. Sometimes the pockets are big and full of holes and it takes years, but it always works.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It was all over the news, did you miss it? You could also try to google it.

At the end of the article above is a link to the “ full story “ which gives details of the convictions.

I didn’t realize that he had received three separate convictions and jail terms.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

At the end of the article above is a link to the “ full story “ which gives details of the convictions.

I didn’t realize that he had received three separate convictions and jail terms.

Only three until now?

Justice obviously takes a lot of time.

11 hours ago, david555 said:

with all those convictions an asked by this coup government to put them on Interpol wanted persons list .....

Strange ..,all country's refused  as politic motivated was the most general reason given outcome .... 

This from Western democratic country's ..... say's enough i would think :thumbsup:

Was the comment specifically that it was definitely/proven politically motivated? And how would inerpol know it to be a fact rather than an opinion? My assumption (repeat my assumption, could be wrong) is that interpol act on facts not opinions.

Or was it a 'catch all' used by interpol where countries are known to have lots of serious unethical/illegal political activities, probably by all parties? 

A number of posts and replies bringing the King into the discussion have been removed:

1) You will not express disrespect of the King of Thailand or any one member of the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution.

By law, the Thai Royal Family is above politics. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family.

To breach these rules will result in an immediate ban.

Linking to external sites which break these rules will be treated as if you yourself posted them.

1 minute ago, scorecard said:

Was the comment specifically that it was definitely/proven politically motivated? And how would inerpol know it to be a fact rather than an opinion? My assumption (repeat my assumption, could be wrong) is that interpol act on facts not opinions.

Or was it a 'catch all' used by interpol where countries are known to have lots of serious unethical/illegal political activities, probably by all parties? 

My assumption (repeat my assumption, could be wrong) is that interpol act on facts not opinions."

So...your reply assumes they made the right judgment...as the seem to take it as a fact....politic motivated  by the coup players ????

8 hours ago, Tom F said:

"many options"?  Like who?  Thanatorn?  What happened to him, and his party?  Who did it to him?  Why?   What does that say about how things work, and what options are available?  Those are mostly rhetorical questions.  The  real question--what are Thai people's realistic options at this point?  I'd be pleased to hear about them.

For probably a great number of Thai people their options are to survive each day. 

• Like 1

Can you refer to a post of mine where i specific  say Farangs like Thaksin ? (some do some don't ) 

So a 90 day rapport is the qualification if a politician is O.K. or not ....????

I prefer him above the present one and above that Suthep Abhisit duo , because i see how many Thais like him , and also because  2 elections  he won (if i am correct ? )  and Sister 1 , a pure confirmation from the majority of the Thai people .....

Your too binary as i said if i have to chose between two evils i rather not choose. I mean what point is there to repeat the cycle again. Best look for an other option.

Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)

Your too binary as i said if i have to chose between two evils i rather not choose. I mean what point is there to repeat the cycle again. Best look for an other option.

Madness i trying the same over and over again and expecting different results (Albert Einstein)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, robblok said:

Why support either of them? 

Surely much better to move forward and support new focused and intelligent leaders who push for equality and justice for all. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, david555 said:

My assumption (repeat my assumption, could be wrong) is that interpol act on facts not opinions."

So...your reply assumes they made the right judgment...as the seem to take it as a fact....politic motivated  by the coup players ????

That's not what I said or meant, you're just playing silly games.