Samui on alert: First major cluster after birthday party in club on Chaweng Beach

webfact

38 minutes ago, huberthammer said:

I believe you are wrong.  It was 16 and now another 38 cases as far as I understand.

It's 16 yesterday and 38 new today from the so-called Black Bamboo-cluster, furthermore 4 others yesterday and 1 today, making the total of 20 + 39.

image.png.1f0e701ff192515f2c764b19a52801

- - -

225326694_358673562457620_74538144792997

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I suppose the authorities must be trying to find where and who from the yoga teacher who seems to be the main spreader, picked it up in the first place.

There have been very few cases until recently when people from red zones seems to be bringing it in.

I fear the cat is well and truly out of the bag now.

Edited by phetphet
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Koh Samui district chief Theerapong Chuaychu said that the organisers of the party and all attendees would be prosecuted for breaking the law. 

Oh dear, what a shame... never mind.

2 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Anti-government types like to blame the government, but individuals need to start acting responsibly

So Koh Tao to follow shortly... Pipats dream is turning out to be a bit of a nightmare... same as Bangkok was thought to be immune, that didn't workout too well either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

so, lets reward the irresponbile pricks there by giving them the best vaccs and send the upcountry folks who are more responsible in their actions regarding covid the least effective vaccine.

Just let them stew in their own juices I say. 

a birthday party, whoodi <deleted>--ing do.  so important an occasion.

Oh yes, andthe organizers and attendees will not be prosceuted at all .  if they are thai that is!!!  rest assured.

1 hour ago, smedly said:

and how much testing were they doing before opening up - I suspect very little

what difference does that make????  These types of sefl centered idiots would be doing this no matter what.

• Like 1

It was obvious already two weeks ago that this will happen sooner or later.

Bars open. Selling alcohol. No masks. No social distancing.

Police and Surathani / Koh Samui Government ? Blind ? Not interested at all ?

Here we go ....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Almer said:

And by now a lot more

Correct. Someone I know spoke to a friend of one of the women who were there one night and the friend went and got tested yesterday as she wanted to know if had covid or not . Today got results back saying she had it . 
Then yesterday and today the person I know felt unwell and today decided to go to hospital to check also after the friend contracted it  . Now isolating at home awaiting results . 

• Like 1

Always the same thing :  people ( idiots ) do the wrong thing (   no distance, no masks etc ... ), have Covid and in a few days more and more infected people 

it started like this in Bangkok, some VIP did the same and now we know the result 

there will be always some people ( in any countries ) who think they are more clever than the others 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phetphet said:

I suppose the authorities must be trying to find where and who from the yoga teacher who seems to be the main spreader, picked it up in the first place.

There have been very few cases until recently when people from red zones seems to be bringing it in.

I fear the cat is well and truly out of the bag now.

Never liked Yoga and it's followers, strange people they always have been ????

A post denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names has been removed.

Whilst it may be less effective in certain cases ie Delta strain it is by no means useless. At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Koh Samui district chief Theerapong Chuaychu said that the organisers of the party and all attendees would be prosecuted for breaking the law. 

Samui the party island, so many think they are immune from Covid and immune from the law.

It was only a matter of time before this would happen.

First Phuket, followed by Samui and I wonder if Kho Tao will make it a hat-rick?

Pipat calls it the "bubble and seal" scheme, looks like the bubble has burst and the seal is leaking.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2021 at 5:42 AM, webfact said:

All people who visited there from 16th to 23rd July are asked to come forward and be tested. 

The organisers of the party and all attendees would be prosecuted for breaking the law

I don't expect many people going to be tested, then. ????