Bangkok: 1.25 million jabs ready for August - no truth to closure of vax centers due to lack of supply

webfact

793686-1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News' sources at the Thai Ministry of Public Health told them there was no truth to rumors that vaccines were not available and 25 non-hospital vaccination sites in the Thai capital had been shut down.

The CCSA has earmarked 1,250,000 doses of mostly Astra Zeneca and some Sinovac to be administered in Bangkok. 

In areas where the outbreak is worse Astra Zeneca will be jabbed as a first dose as this is understood to be more effective than Sinovac in single doses.

Deputy governor Pol Lt-Gen Sophon Phisutthiwong indicated that 500,000 doses would be going to clinics and 750,000 to vax centers. 

Vaccinations will continue at the Bang Sue station in northern Bangkok at the rate of 5,000-10,000 a day with 18+ registration now open. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

• Confused 4
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, petermik said:

1.25 million...that will make a huge dent in the 70 million population...

No it won't though you should read a bit better, this is what is allocated to BKK, there will probably be more for the rest of the country. 

Bit strange that they say that vaccine centers wont close as they did, maybe he means to say not permanent and does not like to admit that they had been closed / suspended for a while.

Given the usual administration system (real time distribution priorities etc) and the fact that this vaccine needs TLC (I am in the middle of ISSAN) - I do not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting one of the 150,000 doses for foreigners. I suspect deep-dark-red only.

9 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

Given the usual administration system (real time distribution priorities etc) and the fact that this vaccine needs TLC (I am in the middle of ISSAN) - I do not have a snowballs chance in hell of getting one of the 150,000 doses for foreigners. I suspect deep-dark-red only.

he never mentioned pfizer.

not worth mentioning, as it would be very limited amount, probably only a few thousands. Those 150k will be divided into many different groups. Thai authorities are not obliged in any way to give any to foreigners 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... really?! I keep reading that a bit different ... the post reported basically the same as follows ...

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/thailand-national-news/covid-19-vaccinations-halted-in-bangkok-due-to-vaccine-shortages/

... 555, shut down, not shut down ... know what: 'shut the f up' really fits best here, definitely!

exactly - who is confusing who ?

• Like 2

Just to put things a bit in perspective: Oz (admittedly a rich country with 26m population) is now jabbing 1m a day and aiming for 2m a day.

The Thai government needs to have an easily-read graph to show how the jabs are running, displaying both actual performance & goals with real timelines.  Keeping both them & the people alert & honest ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

Oz (admittedly a rich country with 26m population) is now jabbing 1m a day and aiming for 2m a day.

I think you mean a week. 

"During the last week reported, Australia averaged about 160,277 doses administered each day. At that rate, it will take a further 32 days to administer enough doses for another 10% of the population."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rhodie said:

I think you mean a week. 

"During the last week reported, Australia averaged about 160,277 doses administered each day. At that rate, it will take a further 32 days to administer enough doses for another 10% of the population."

Yes, I think you're right.

Still makes Thailand's effort look decidedly modest.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stocky said:

So the storyline "Weekend city jab shutdown" in the Bangkok Post today is fake news according to the Ministry of Truth.

Naughty Bangkok Post.

I also read this in the Chiang mai News, Thought they were diverting most of vaccines to Bangkok but this story from the BP confirms they are out of vaccines. The post that said this was fake news has disappeared 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, club said:

LOL 

I was getting ready to post that link. Maybe they shifted most of the vaccines to BKK so vaccine centers won't close in Bangkok., but in the process its closed down other Vac centers in the country . Who was it in the government that said they had enough jabs to vaccinate the whole country ?  

I stand corrected. Its in the BP also that they had to close 25 vac centers. This is not fake news unless you think BP post fake news. 

• Like 2

(TCC) Sanan Angubolkul Is the one that told the BP that 25 vac centers in Bangkok will be closed until they receive more vaccines. Also read this in the Chiang Mai news today. Both articles came out 4 hours ago. Someone is not telling the truth. Think I would trust the BP on this one

• Like 1

It really amazes me how many people post ridiculous replies to posts without actually reading the posts in the first place. Is this a language problem or just plain stupidity with people reading what they want to see not what the posts actually say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Just to put things a bit in perspective: Oz (admittedly a rich country with 26m population) is now jabbing 1m a day and aiming for 2m a day.

The Thai government needs to have an easily-read graph to show how the jabs are running, displaying both actual performance & goals with real timelines.  Keeping both them & the people alert & honest ...

I think you need to inform the world's press about the great success in Australian vaccinations...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/07/27/australias-vaccine-rollout-colossal-failure-warns-ex-pm/

2 hours ago, mrfill said:

I think you need to inform the world's press about the great success in Australian vaccinations...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2021/07/27/australias-vaccine-rollout-colossal-failure-warns-ex-pm/

An embittered former PM betrayed (he thinks) by the current PM. Has nothing good to say about the current government (formerly his).

9 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Yes, I think you're right.

Still makes Thailand's effort look decidedly modest.

Hardly seems fair to compare a country with GDP of $60,000 per capita against a country with $7,000 per capita.  But if you want to compare, here's a good source...

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=THA

Kudos for Thailand stepping up their game on June 1.  Still, at 220,000 doses per day...  It's gonna be a long, hungry road ahead if they don't do something different. 

thai aus vaccs.jpg

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1