Foreigners raring to buy condos in Thailand - Bangkok most popular in searches - but late 2022 for recovery

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

the Thai condo market will expand when foreigners can once again return to Thailand.

A 10 year longstay Visa , ( not one that must be renewed every year ) , for every condo sold to a foreigner .

That is one way they can attract potential investors , even when all their other policies fail .

Do it now .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amdy2206 said:

Such misleading headlines!!! I really don't know what they are trying to promote - certainly very little actual facts or truth. 

Most people with enough money to buy a condo have increased their savings in the pandemic. The amount of money that will be flying about come next year will be staggering. There will be a boomtime. But don't expect people on this site to see that. They are old, poor miserable and out of touch with any semblance of reality. Give them a Leo and a bath chair and ignore them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Count me in as one of those doing searches but it isn't to buy I was just curious to whether the prices are dropping when and if it hits rock bottom I still might not buy but continue to search?????  I wouldn't get too excited the Chinese like me want a bargain basement deal and more will continue to search and lurk that doesn't mean we are raring to buy!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Quite a nice little bit of fiction. The writer should try their hand at a novel. 

Such a load of BS. The foreigners might consider buying a condo, once Covid is gone. At 60% off the asking price. Maybe. 

The economy here is in tatters. And anyone considering investing here is better off waiting a year or two, or five, to see how all of this shakes out. 

The damage to the economy is horrific. And the damage to tourism is permanent. Expect no more than 5 million tourists, five years from now. How will that lack of income affect the nation? 

The best time to invest and make money is at the tail end of a crisis. Surely you know that? You seem jaded, try relaxing and being more positive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

I am looking to make some purchases, but didn´t barely noticed any price reductions in the high end buildings.

The baht is down almost 12% against other currencies over the last few weeks. That in itself could be considered a price reduction. I don't consider this a seller's market by any stretch. If the bottom drops out you might be able to buy as low as 50 cents on the dollar. Then condos will be selling like hot cakes! It's not a good time to be holding property in Thailand by a long shot.

Edited by Venom
  • Like 1

finally an alternative to the TAT in terms of making pie in the sky, sugar coated  announcements...all we need now is for say  the Health dept to tell us they have vaccinations under control and we will have three jesters for our amusement....

1 hour ago, Gold Star said:

If a VPN was used to hide the location, how would Google know the inquiry originated from within China? Also many VPNs are forbidden, and don't work in China as far as I know.

I used ExpressVPN when I was in China and could access Google to use Google Maps.

• Like 1