Thailand’s national police chief is worth 104 million baht

webfact

9 minutes ago, AndyFoxy said:

I guess because people who lived here before and have moved on still have an interest in what is going on. 

Pharoticus stated:

I didn't miss a thing. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. 

It's a terrible thing to say. But I miss nothing whatsoever about Thailand. "

• Like 1

Another general with a watch collector friend?

The job must come with lots of bonuses to fork out 1 yr full salary for a watch or pearls...

But hey, if the military generals can have 100s of millions thb assets, what is a 100 million for a police general really?

Prayuth was estimated 128 million 7 yrs ago...

Edited by tingtong

8 hours ago, BestB said:

The ones what keep you balanced and down to earth. If i was your doctor, i would suggest doubling the dosage

Seems to me you need balancing. You are not a doctor. How can you know would you would suggest as a doctor, when you are not?

8 hours ago, moe666 said:

He is a cop at the highest salary he has ever had, started out at what 20,000 a month or lower. So do the math he has no way with his salary to be that wealthy. Just luck I guess

7 hours ago, Bkktodd said:

Oh we forgot….dont ask questions.  Let possible corruption go unnoticed or challenged 

Referring to one of my earlier posts for better understanding. 

19 hours ago, smedly said:

what is the point of these declarations if they don't investigate where the money came from

They're purely symbolic, like many things in Thailand. Like the Big Cleaning Days where everyone picks up dustpans for some photos, then drops them to go home. Like the mountains of paperwork we do for immigration that eventually get recycled, never looked at again. Like the reports I do every day for my online classes as a teacher, in which five students show up, if I'm lucky. Nothing's done about it, but look, we did the report.

• Like 1

"Pol Gen Suwat was forced to declare his wealth in accordance with his job and his role as a senator".

Does this apply to money in foreign and off shore banks accounts as well as in Thailand? Does this apply to the unelected PM and other members of the government? ie, apart from land owning, how much has the unelected PMs personal wealth increased between 2014 and now?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, johng said:

So he has been working for a  long while then ????

You mean a very, very long while. Does he not have to explain how him and his family have obtained such wealth?

I'm sure that if the authorities had  to check on my wealth and found that I had say 40 million Baht, I would have to explain where it came from, and it would all be looked into.

19 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

And a "wealth" of 104 million baht is something for the news because of what? There are many persons in Thailand with that amount. Nothing to lift any eye brows over. Just let the guy be.

Even when he is responsible for many deaths by waiting too long to have the vaccines distributed etc, and allowing all that travel throughout the provinces at Songcran. etc,etc.

11 hours ago, Pharoticus said:

They don't affect me. Because I moved away from Thailand. Because I just grew sick of everything. 

Because I wanted a better life. In a better country. Free from all the sick news I used to read every day.

I honestly pity expats in Thailand. I really do. 

Do you want to know what shocked me most when I moved away from Thailand after having lived there for over 20 years ---- I didn't miss a thing. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. 

It's a terrible thing to say. But I miss nothing whatsoever about Thailand. I would strongly encourage you guys to re-consider your retirement plans.  

Well I have been here close on to 17 years, I miss absolutely nothing from the UK, from Germany where I used to live I miss the bread, sliced cooked ham, decent beer and skiing but I still prefer my village in Thailand, what do I care about corruption and a poor government, I go with the flow.

17 hours ago, Tarteso said:

It sounds good to be a military man and a senator at the same time these days

What about British MPs who collect their full MPS salary while also holding positions as lawyers, company directors etc, etc?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, smedly said:

don't forget - this is what he is unable to hide, likely a fraction of what he actually has

Let's not forget too that the spoils from corruption goes upwards. He may be the top honco in the police force,but then the police is a branch of the army. So he'll have a superior in the army to whom he'll have to appease on a monthly basis.  

27 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Even when he is responsible for many deaths by waiting too long to have the vaccines distributed etc, and allowing all that travel throughout the provinces at Songcran. etc,etc.

You are also added to the list of people choosing to take my comment seriously.

Blatant and massive corruption on show for all to see. No attempt made to cover it up as he and others of his ilk know they are untouchable. Sometimes I feel sorry for the people in these corrupt countries, but at the same time I understand they have to stand up and fight for change. That means the spilling of blood and loss of loved ones for the greater cause. That's what western countries have had to do to.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The declaration also stated ownership of 25 other assets which included 10 gold bars, worth 2.6 million baht, 1 Rolex watch worth 1.3 million baht, 1 Patek Philippe watch worth 7 hundred thousand baht, 20 guns and 12 amulets, 

And a partridge in a pear tree. And of course he has all the receipts. I'm just wondering, how much his Mai Noi has, in assets.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

You are also added to the list of people choosing to take my comment seriously.

Why shouldn't anyone take your comment seriously? Look at the sad emos for a start, and there is the odd poster who writes comments similar to yours.

16 hours ago, Geordieabroad said:

I have a copper living directly opposite me in our village. Only him and his missus. They have a Toyota Camry, a red plate 5 series BMW and 2 weeks ago a red plate Mini Clubman appeared, on the take? Of couse not

What rank is he? There must be many police ranks in Thailand that you could lose count. ????

14 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Why shouldn't anyone take your comment seriously? Look at the sad emos for a start, and there is the odd poster who writes comments similar to yours.

Will just leave you with that. The only thing you do is engage in long discussions boring people to death. Have a nice day.

10 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Will just leave you with that. The only thing you do is engage in long discussions boring people to death. Have a nice day.

The amount of popular posts I get all the time would say different. Have a nice day also.

16 hours ago, vandeventer said:

To be a teller in a bank you need a few million to secure the position. Even crappy jobs cost money!

I think you are confusing the fortune which needs to be paid for a promotion as a cop or customs agent with a bank teller.