Thailand to get 30 million Pfizer doses: Anutin

webfact

6 hours ago, webfact said:

This will be available in the fourth quarter (October to December) and brings to a total of 30 million doses of that vaccine coming to Thailand.

Arriving possibly one year too late and enough for 20% of the population... and the man thinks he's done good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John Drake said:

Why no Moderna? Is this the answer???

"In January, US vaccine-maker Moderna proposed to build a Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing facility in the government’s Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) industrial zone, created to lure high-end foreign manufacturers, but Anutin’s office did not deign the shot-making proposal worthy of a written reply, according to the same government sources."   https://asiatimes.com/2021/08/covid-blame-game-spreads-like-a-virus-in-thailand/

An excoriating article with great insight and perception. Thanks for highlighting,

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Virt said:

I will try and stay positive and I hope they manage to get their Pfizer doses by the scheduled time. 

It's positive they are ordering such amounts of Pfizer or Moderna so let's applaud that and hope for the Thais they get their shots, even though Oct - Dec seems a bit far away in the current situation.

One year late... I applaud them... NOT

55 minutes ago, Toscano said:

I have already had the first shot of Sinovac , the second on 1st September . I wouldn't have pfizer on principle because the US has been pressurizing countries to buy it , Europe has been really messed up by political pressures for one vaccine or another . I would have chosen Sputnik V had it been available .

It appears you eschewed a  sophisticated and effective education based on a similarly flawed rationale? 

• Like 1

All I've seen in the past couple of months is talk of more vaccines coming from Pfizer, more coming from China, Moderna ordered etc. etc. I have to admit to not following Thai Visa as closely as I used to - all the announcements and counter announcements on measures to get tourism going again got very boring and put me off a little.  However, the one question on my mind is what has happened to the Thai produced Astra Zeneca vaccine.

As far as I can tell there has been very little news on that since the 'Covid Tsar' announced all was sorted and his vaccine programme would begin on 7 June. It then failed on day 1 and he apologised a couple of days later.   I then read something about some kind of 'blame game' going on regarding the failure to supply the AZ product. Have I missed something? 

Is the silence on this product connected to the ownership of the Thai company making it?

6 hours ago, BestB said:

have 2.5 million people been vaccinated yet with donated vaccine? If not , why not ?

AZ makes 3 million for Thailand , are there 3 million being vaccinated every month?

all I hear is over 60 or over 70, well how many over 60 and over 70 are there that they keep insisting for past 2-3 months over 60 or over 70 first 

I'm over 70 and I have an "underlying medical condition".  I have registered three different times and on different sites including a photo of a doctor certified certificate verifying my medical condition.  All I have ever heard is that I "have successfully registered".  I check every day, but I have still not been given an appointment for an initial injection.  My Thai wife has also registered numerous time.  She is still waiting as well.

1 minute ago, CM Dad said:

I'm over 70 and I have an "underlying medical condition".  I have registered three different times and on different sites including a photo of a doctor certified certificate verifying my medical condition.  All I have ever heard is that I "have successfully registered".  I check every day, but I have still not been given an appointment for an initial injection.  My Thai wife has also registered numerous time.  She is still waiting as well.

Have a read of this 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A post with content that was copied from Yahoo! News has been removed as well as the replies:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Some troll posts and the replies have been removed. 

7 hours ago, internationalism said:

who stole my 40mln from the last statement a few weeks ago? The original plan was for 50mln of additional doses, over those 20mln already contracted.

and what happen with a promise to get more moderna?

situation has worsened and plans for orders should be increased, not decreased.

Where is J&J, which is approved already, but not ordered?

Or sputnik, mentioned a few times but never acted on?

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/50-million-more-doses-of-pfizer-vaccine-more-moderna-expected-to-be-purchased/

where is the 150k of pfizer that expats where to receive.  this guy has the  mind set of a bar girl.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Goodness me will the clown never shut up about ordering vaccines. Lets focus on delivered numbers of effective vaccines and on why this is soooo small (covax, reliant on one local supplier, buying from the CCP)

Quite so, he forgot to tell every one the time span, this year, next year 2025???

6 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Any extra give to your neighbors before they expire.

Your wife may not have shared with you.  A family of Isan farmers went mushroom picking and didn’t realize the big concrete block sticking out of the ground (sort of like a kilometre marker on the highway but 10 times the size) was the Laos Thai border.  They strolled across and awhile later while picking Laotian mushrooms the Laotian military came and after much explaining the group was taken to the nearest town, offered 2-weeks free quarantine and a shot of Pfizer.  

• Like 1

Thailand Will Receive 32.5 Million Doses of Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine This Year

cf19e74040e94c12ea418a02bb5a22f9_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Public Health Ministry has announced that Thailand will receive 32.5 million doses of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine within the fourth quarter of this year.

Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the Public Health Ministry had placed an order for 20 million doses with Pfizer as part of its vaccine procurement plan. In addition, Pfizer has also offered to send another 10 million doses to the country within this year. This, combined with the 2.5 million doses donated by the US will bring the total of Pfizer vaccines up to 32.5 million doses.

He also confirmed that the ministry had distributed Pfizer doses to frontline medics without any double standards and vowed to complete the vaccination process as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, the Public Health Ministry reported on 13 August morning that there were record highs of 23,418 more COVID-19 cases and 184 deaths over the past 24 hours. Since the third wave of COVID-19 began around 1 April, there have been 834,326 COVID-19 patients, 616,458 of whom have recovered.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mark17AA said:

There was an artical on NTD news that in China, the Sinovac is causing lots of problems with adverse reactions and now the CCP are having to force people to have the injection as the masses are refusing to have it... 

any link?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1