Thailand to get 30 million Pfizer doses: Anutin

webfact

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

Why no Moderna? Is this the answer???

"In January, US vaccine-maker Moderna proposed to build a Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing facility in the government’s Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) industrial zone, created to lure high-end foreign manufacturers, but Anutin’s office did not deign the shot-making proposal worthy of a written reply, according to the same government sources."   https://asiatimes.com/2021/08/covid-blame-game-spreads-like-a-virus-in-thailand/

Very good article

• Thanks 1

Clearly we don't understand the Thai people. That this moron is continously deceiving, lying is not the problem. The problem is the Thai people themselves that are letting thus happening. If the Thai themselves doesn't give a <deleted> a out their country and are accepting this <deleted>. Then why should we... 

In the interest of sanity, I think we need a song ...

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
You'll get the vaccine that you dream of
Once pigs learn to fly ...

I do wish these folks would get their act together for the sake of the millions of common people.  It's a sad state of affairs.

He just lie to the people..gives them hoping for nothing.Here in norway we have drop-in now for phizer.

In my city here everybody vaccinated allerady.Thailand love this china <deleted> vaccine.Here only phizer and moderna allowed.And now thailand want sputnik too..crazy

• Like 1

21 hours ago, John Drake said:

Why no Moderna? Is this the answer???

"In January, US vaccine-maker Moderna proposed to build a Covid-19 vaccine manufacturing facility in the government’s Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC) industrial zone, created to lure high-end foreign manufacturers, but Anutin’s office did not deign the shot-making proposal worthy of a written reply, according to the same government sources."   https://asiatimes.com/2021/08/covid-blame-game-spreads-like-a-virus-in-thailand/

An article every Thai should read and understand.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He also confirmed that the ministry had distributed Pfizer doses to frontline medics without any double standards and vowed to complete the vaccination process as soon as possible.

Another confirmation that makes people think something is fishy.

16 hours ago, overt2016 said:

I am still waiting for the ten million jabs promised for this month!!!

A few weeks ago there was a big deal about the '1.5 million' doses donate by America and now the number had been exaggerated up to '2.5 million'. It makes me wonder if the 32.5 million doses is also largely exaggerated.

15 hours ago, malibukid said:

always wanted to get into Kate's Bush

Obscure and totally off-topic fact:  My eldest brother used to be her boyfriend, way back in the 80's (after her fame had waned a bit)...

22 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

More Pfizer sounds great!

First, tell us with total transparency where the 1.5 million donated Pfizer is and where it is going.  Province by province to start.  Earlier it was stated for the 13 surrounding BKK provinces, but nothing on Bangkok ... why?

The donated Pfizer is rolling out so sloooowly at this point to frontline workers.  Some hospitals state they must have a lottery to see who will get it.  But Gov says more is coming ...  Why not come up with a distribution plan, not a committee, and share it with the province govenors and hospitals?

How may times have you posted this same comment over and over again?  Nobody here cares.  Do you think people in Thai gov't care what you have to say?  Do you think they are so very concerned that some rando on this forum keep posting the same thing over and over again?

Edited by shdmn
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, thailand49 said:

It is about money the leaders aren't willing to put up front the money to guarantee the order they couldn't even come up with the money to sign the deal with Moderna thus the reason they ask the private hospital to take deposit upfront which now is rumor they are going to refund since they can't even get that in time and now under the pressure to vaccine everyone for free since vaccine are now rolling in from countries like U.S.   then you got their top University in their final stages of testing their copy of the PFizer and Moderna which should be coming out in January? 

They put all their eggs in one basket AZ what to be the medical hubs of SEA producing in house keeps them in power for years to come doing so is to line their pockets at the expense of their own people. T.I.T.

Money was also the key issue when Thailand refused to join the Covax Scheme when initially invited way back in Nov 2020., I think it was.

At the time it was stated that there would be no Money paid up front due to the facts the Vaccines to be supplied under the Scheme were not known, or their quantities.

There appeared to be an air of " why do we need to Pay " about the whole thing, but Thailand is a very rich Country, and under the terms of the Scheme it was only Countries that were poor and could not afford to fund their Vaccination Programs that would get free Vaccines.

23 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

This sabateur creep has even less credibility that his boss. Nobody listens to anything he says anymore. He is a laughing stock of the nation. 

One wonders if he has any perception, consciousness or awareness of his lack of relevancy and the degree to which people do not take him seriously?

anutin-bangsue-960x540.jpg

Untitled.jpg

The last time I saw Anutin online he was having another crack at the dirty Farangs not wearing masks meanwhile his mask was under his chin and not just while he was giving his speech but afterwards as well. 

Until Thailand gets real on stamping out corruption they will always be at the mercy of the mercenary type people of current & past leaders. It really is bloody sad and disgusting that these people without mentioning names because we all know their names are allowed to have any type of leadership role now & in the future given that crucial desisions are made for personal monetary gain and not good governance, common sense or necessity.  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, simon43 said:

Obscure and totally off-topic fact:  My eldest brother used to be her boyfriend, way back in the 80's (after her fame had waned a bit)...

not too many Americans knew of her in the early 80's until Hounds of Love was released in 85. it was big hit on KROQ.. in L.A. great station.

Edited by malibukid

Sure, sure, sure......

Very good, excellent job. You're a freakin' hero, no doubt.

Now, just shut your pie hole until the vaccines arrive AND you are able to administer them ACROSS the country to ANYBODY who wants it.

3 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

Money was also the key issue when Thailand refused to join the Covax Scheme when initially invited way back in Nov 2020., I think it was.

At the time it was stated that there would be no Money paid up front due to the facts the Vaccines to be supplied under the Scheme were not known, or their quantities.

There appeared to be an air of " why do we need to Pay " about the whole thing, but Thailand is a very rich Country, and under the terms of the Scheme it was only Countries that were poor and could not afford to fund their Vaccination Programs that would get free Vaccines.

If that was true why was Thailand given 1.3-5 doses of Pfizer free from the U.S. why were they given 20 million in cash, why were they given 40 million in medical equipment including all the testing supplies being used now by by the U.S. Free! All prior to requesting to join Covax recently.  U.S. has already committed another 2 plus million doses of Pfizer by the end of the year. 

This is also 200,000 plus donated of AZ by Japan and more from England.

My assumption is the reason why they didn't join Covax was because they put all their eggs into two basket that the Sino would tie them over until their homemade AZ would be the choice vaccine they over estimated their ability to produce the AZ like so many things in Thailand. When that didn't happen and the Sino failing and AZ production behind they started to try to purchased Pfizer particularly Moderna after months of saying they are in the process of signing an article came out that the Government agency Pharmacy didn't have the funds to sign the contract which was required by Moderna. As you noted Thailand is a rich country if so why couldn't the government agency come up with the money instead ask the private hospital to come up with the money before the contract could be signed. They are so far behind the line now with Pfizer and Moderna if it wasn't for the donations there might be more dying?   I think it isn't that Thailand is rich their leaders are!

I just hope that everyone who wants to get vaccinated, will be vaccinated soon. I also hope that

what ever vaccine they are given is accepted for them to be able to travel where ever they want to

as well.   Some countries are not accepting certain vaccines as being good enough.  Being vaccinated and surviving COVID if you

get it, is better than not being vaccinated and dying of COVID, don't you think?

Geezer

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

I just hope that everyone who wants to get vaccinated, will be vaccinated soon. I also hope that

what ever vaccine they are given is accepted for them to be able to travel where ever they want to

as well.   Some countries are not accepting certain vaccines as being good enough.  Being vaccinated and surviving COVID if you

get it, is better than not being vaccinated and dying of COVID, don't you think?

Geezer

Dying of COVID is not my worst fear, it is the long COVID symptoms (i.e. neurological damage)....  if I die, I won't be complaining.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

On 8/13/2021 at 8:46 AM, Scrotobike said:

Goodness me will the clown never shut up about ordering vaccines. Lets focus on delivered numbers of effective vaccines and on why this is soooo small (covax, reliant on one local supplier, buying from the CCP)

You know, I ordered a new Maserati the other day too.  I emailed the local dealership and instructed them to set aside a new red one and assured them the money is 'no problem'.  Then I called the BMW dealer and ordered a new 630 AMG for my wife.  I'm not surprised neither of them sent press releases.  Do you think either of them will actually do anything until the green shows up?  Naw...same as all the Covid jabs this government has been bragging about for months and months.

17 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

(...) Some countries are not accepting certain vaccines as being good enough.  Being vaccinated and surviving COVID if you

get it, is better than not being vaccinated and dying of COVID, don't you think? (...)

I agree. I'd rather get Sinovac than no vaccine at all. On the other hand, planning to travel abroad next year, I'm worried that Chinese vaccines won't allow me to travel to the places that I want to go. I'm a bit worried to get AstraZeneca due to worrisome jab outcomes reported internationally. (Being allergic to many things, who knows how my body would react to AZ...)

Having failed to get a vaccination appointment so far and not having faith in getting one until mid 2022, I am looking into alternative options in other countries, with receiving a vaccine in my home country as the last possible resort due to being the most expensive option.

Edited by StayinThailand2much