Let me tell you a story about how vaccinations are really going.

BestB

I registered on that website a few weeks back, then personally went to the hospital Wednesday with passport in hand. I went to the information desk and they printed me a confirmation for my 25 August appointment. I have heard from someone who already got his jab that an SMS is sent the day before the appointment and THAT is the important SMS to bring with you.

Yeah, TiT and quite fluid.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I registered on that website a few weeks back, then personally went to the hospital Wednesday with passport in hand. I went to the information desk and they printed me a confirmation for my 25 August appointment. I have heard from someone who already got his jab that an SMS is sent the day before the appointment and THAT is the important SMS to bring with you.

When I didn't get the sms I tried to reregister and got an sms confirming I had already registered including the time and date so rang to check and they confirmed again.

15 hours ago, ChristianBlessing said:

I did a quick ICANN lookup on https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com

It is not a legitimate website, nor is it registered to Bangkok Hospital.

Why would there be an icann record for a subdomain? 

This is the page you get to from their homepage - https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/ 

https://www.bangkokpattayahospital.com/en/hospital-news-en/press-release-en/item/3045-covid-vaccine-foreign-residents-en.html

Root domain is the same, so the subdomain has to be legit, or at least created by someone with access to their server and DNS records.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

This is what i am thinking of doing , just go there and see what is happening. 

I use BPH, so I contacted them already, they got the department I saw last to call me.  When I said I needed my second jab, not my first, they couldn't do it.  Apparently, the government allocates doses precisely, so you have to get your second where you got your first.  It means another trip to Bangkok for me.

Honesty was NOT the best policy! 

The actual name for The Hospital you keep referring to is actually Bangkok Hospital Pattaya not Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Likewise the face book address. I don't understand why the web address is the other way around.

I also received an sms originally from BHP with the link to a website which I registered at and picked a date and time for the vaccine. I had a confirmation e-mail stating accepted and to bring my passport and my phone showing the sms on the chosen day. On the morning of the chosen day I received another sms confirming to bring passport and show sms on phone. I turned up and had the vaccine AZ no problem and a form showing when to come for 2nd jab in November.

Edited by biggeoff69

15 hours ago, burner2014 said:

sorry to correct you here but everywhere is written 100 KG  OR   BMI > 35

Meaning if they don't have everywhere a written error you are in with 100 KG +  

( And yes you are right it makes 0 sense but I don't care at all )

I would say either they over looked it or misspelled it. and i tell you why, if you 190cm tall and weigh 100kg you would not be obese, but if you under 170cm tall and over 100 kg you would be. If you were 190 tall and weight around 170-200kg, you would be obese

Note they put the number of 35?

Overweight = 25–29.9
Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater

So you have to be about 15% over the actual number to be considered obese to get a shot

You could argue that it says "or" but i doubt you would win ???? or might be lucky and they will just give you the shot to save the hassle of having to explain, lol

1 hour ago, biggeoff69 said:

The actual name for The Hospital you keep referring to is actually Bangkok Hospital Pattaya not Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. Likewise the face book address. I don't understand why the web address is the other way around.

I also received an sms originally from BHP with the link to a website which I registered at and picked a date and time for the vaccine. I had a confirmation e-mail stating accepted and to bring my passport and my phone showing the sms on the chosen day. On the morning of the chosen day I received another sms confirming to bring passport and show sms on phone. I turned up and had the vaccine AZ no problem and a form showing when to come for 2nd jab in November.

What on earth are you going on about? who is is saying Bangkok Pattaya Hospital and do you need glasses to read the web address?

Yes the very same website where you registered and received sms, now claiming it is not their website, they do not know whose website it is and they do not have any info of anyone who registered on that site.

This is what makes it insane where its a fact people have been getting vaccinated but call center denies it

On 8/14/2021 at 8:10 AM, jesimps said:

The reason I took the risk of travelling to Bangkok to get my first jab at Bang Sue was that it was a walk in for the over 75s. I was at the point of despair being turned down by local hospitals and getting no joy from any of the registration sites. I had a feeling that when the vaccine eventually reached the provinces,  there might be an almighty .... up.

I suppose I'm lucky then, only 71 in CM and got a Sino<deleted> jab at McCormick followed up with AZ three weeks later

On 8/14/2021 at 4:13 PM, yankee99 said:

Best B 

you called Bangkok hospital Pattaya but the link is for Bangkok Pattaya hospital or am i missing something? 

Same thing, I have had surgeries at both Pattaya and Bangkok, so i call it Bangkok Hospital Pattaya, They refer to it as Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, not too sure why it matters

On 8/13/2021 at 10:29 PM, BestB said:

Really ? I am ? How is that ? Do explain 

IMO if you don't know why you are lucky to be in LOS, I doubt anyone could explain it to you. Some people just don't understand why people like me would rather be there than where I am, despite all the problems currently experienced in LOS.

• Like 1

Well boys and girls and let tell you how madness contunues.

So followed their advice and went to register on Thailandvac or whatever the site it was, all easy, get to the end, submit and i get a message, you can not register because you already are with my full name, time and date.

So i save that and think to myself, will just go on the date and show them and thats that.

But it is not.today get sms from BHP, telling me to confirm and to chose AZ or Pfyzer.

Now when i registered the first time, Pfyzer was not an option, on the new website Pfyzer is not an option, but as it turns out, it is now.

So now, i have the sms, i have the screenshots and i have my fat <deleted> to show i am a mammoth but what worries me if they will ask for doctors report confirming that i am a mammoth, which all i need to do is stand on the scales and wooala mammoth..

So, how did i go from that website is a fake and not ours and no idea who why or what, to being in the system and getting sms to also having pfyzer available for both shots.

They say TIT, i say more like utter madness 

I wish people who post on this forum would be  more exact when  describing or naming a place.. For instance, there are numerous " I registered  and went to Central today......""    there are many Centrals,,which one  exactly are you referring to.?

The same.." went to BHP  today,," ,,, what Broken Hill Proprietary  Limited, a large company in Australia you mean??

I realize posters are trying to help, but they must realize many  on this forum  are no longer in their youth,  or are not aware of  many   abbreviated  place/institutions names  that a person from a particular locale  is aware of.

19 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

I wish people who post on this forum would be  more exact when  describing or naming a place.. For instance, there are numerous " I registered  and went to Central today......""    there are many Centrals,,which one  exactly are you referring to.?

The same.." went to BHP  today,," ,,, what Broken Hill Proprietary  Limited, a large company in Australia you mean??

I realize posters are trying to help, but they must realize many  on this forum  are no longer in their youth,  or are not aware of  many   abbreviated  place/institutions names  that a person from a particular locale  is aware of.

Sometimes I can agree, but you also have to be on the topic. 

BHP for example the Owner even in his first sentence spelled as Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. Central was mentioned one time in this whole part (and I think not even of interest about the topic)!

The same for many other shorts (CW in Bangkok for Immigration everyone should know it's Chaeng Wattana). 

If I read a thread about something I have no clue, then yes it's sometimes difficult to follow. Of course it's the best if someone use in the first mention the complete name and in brackets the shortcuts so everyone would know! 
But there are so many famous letters, which someone who are living in that area should know!

When you talk about banks, then (SCB, GSB, LH, K-Bank, ... ) should be more than enough, as this are the official short-wordings!

OP, I used that same link when initially included on a The Pattaya News article. Received an appointment confirmation straight off. Strangely the article then deleted the link and some posters were advising of the possibility that the link only should be used if sent by way of an SMS. If not, then it would possibly not be accepted by BPH.

Anyway, eventually received direct confirmation of my appointment via the BPH facebook messenger with added info that the SMS noted in the confirmation was that sent out the day before the appointment and needed to be shown when attending BPH. That worked just fine when I was there yesterday (19th) for the jab. 

So, yes, the link came from a genuine BPH source and just shows that even the most modern hospitals suffer from left hand / right hand issues!!                                                       

On 8/14/2021 at 2:38 PM, DefaultName said:

I use BPH, so I contacted them already, they got the department I saw last to call me.  When I said I needed my second jab, not my first, they couldn't do it.  Apparently, the government allocates doses precisely, so you have to get your second where you got your first.  It means another trip to Bangkok for me.

Honesty was NOT the best policy! 

Yes but if you had gotten your second dose locally based on deception you would not be given proof of being fully vaccinated. 

• Haha 1

Had my first Vaccs with the Pfizer Vaccine today at the Festival Mall Pattaya.  I had registered a few weeks ago and heard nothing back but got this appointment just a few days ago out of the blue. Today, this was pretty well organized with a few hundred people present the 90 minutes I was there. Both farangs and Thais. Seem to be run solely with Bangkok Hospital Pattaya medical staff

Second shot is due 10 September so my sheet says.

Well done Bangkok Hospital for a job really well organized and superbly executed.