Committee completes investigation into dropping of charges against Red Bull "Boss"

webfact

6 hours ago, Seismic said:
8 hours ago, webfact said:

A Red Notice for his arrest is supposedly out with Interpol though ASEAN NOW has been unable to verify this fact. 

Here you go ASEAN NOW, let me do your job for you. https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

Exactly what job do you think that you are doing for Aseannow (whose only job is to aggregate news and re-publish it)?

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

Anything goes to kill enough time to ensure that the statute of limitations against chicken s""t Boss is exceeded. This is just another chapter being enacted according to the script.

The statute of limitations only applies with nations that have a real system of law and order, an impartial judiciary, and do not equate having over $35 million with" being above the law". 

So, we are witnessing decades old NATTSR policy (not applicable to Thailand super rich). 

• Haha 1

+ Drink-driving, wasn't there a blood test too?

+ Significantly excessive speed in the city, weren't there many eyewitnesses and an impact investigation?

+ Failure to provide assistance, kill a police officer, drag him several hundred meters to death and not even stop?

+ Hit and run, just run away and hide.

+ False statements, lies and obstruction of the investigation, at first an attempt was made to sacrifice the house butler.

+ Then flee abroad.

Why is there the statutory advantage for the offender of the statute of limitations if he evades his sentence by fleeing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

+ Significantly excessive speed in the city, weren't there many eyewitnesses and an impact investigation?

+ Failure to provide assistance, kill a police officer, drag him several hundred meters to death and not even stop?

+ False statements, lies and obstruction of the investigation, at first an attempt was made to sacrifice the house butler.

+ Then flee abroad.

Why is there the statutory advantage for the offender of the statute of limitations if he evades his sentence by fleeing.

Why, because this is Thailand, the land of brown envelopes and lunch boxes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rudi49jr said:

It's all for show, smoke and mirrors, dog and pony, you know the drill. Why are there still 'elections' in Russia? Why do oil companies pretend to give a rat's behind about the environment or climate change? Why does my wife still try to squeeze into a dress that fit her perfectly ten years ago, but is two sizes too small for her now? It's all make belief.

I like the bit about the wife ????

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

When does the statute of limitations run out? Bet there'll be a rush to "investigate" further, before the time is up. Soon it might not be possible to squeeze out anymore from Bull boy.... 

I don't know Thai law, but typically when a person flees any time restrictions are paused.

15 minutes ago, Paradise Pete said:

I don't know Thai law, but typically when a person flees any time restrictions are paused.

Not in Thailand.

You can run away.

Hide until the crime is expired.

Then you are free to come back.

Sad as it is.

In the Red Bull case also many hearings were canceled because he was not feeling "well". A simple certificate from the doctor ist sufficient. Meanwhile, Bull Boss liked to fly to Singapore to "restore his health".

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Seismic said:

Here you go ASEAN NOW, let me do your job for you. https://www.interpol.int/en/How-we-work/Notices/View-Red-Notices

Thats interesting link but I think the search facility on the linked site is not working. I searched for which Thailand nationals the Thai police had put a red notice out for and there were none. Did I do something wrong?

15 minutes ago, sbf said:

Thats interesting link but I think the search facility on the linked site is not working. I searched for which Thailand nationals the Thai police had put a red notice out for and there were none. Did I do something wrong?

For me it worked.

Showed 12 male Thais.

But no Red Bull Boss

Screenshot_20210814-210839_Chrome.jpg

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

For me it worked.

Showed 12 male Thais.

But no Red Bull Boss

Screenshot_20210814-210839_Chrome.jpg

Many thanks and apologies my bad, I entered Thai nationals wanted by the country of Thailand, and got nothing. I see if you enter Thai nationals without searching for any country specifically wanting them you get your list.

But does that mean that all the Thai nationals who are wanted are wanted by other countries forces rather than Thai police forces?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

The Thai police say they are pursuing his arrest though with many senior policemen also involved in the investigation there are fears that findings that are unpleasant might be swept under the carpet

Sweeping under the carpet.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

This carpet in Thailand must be the largest outside of a any former eastern block country. It must be covering a very deep depression in the floor.

I wonder will the findings be made public?

hey no problem, they have the magic flying carpet

13 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

+ Then flee abroad.

He has not fronted the courts or been convicted, so statues of limitations applies

29 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

He has not fronted the courts or been convicted, so statues of limitations applies

I am not sure 100%, but for example Taksin was convicted "in absentia".

Why doesn't that work in the Red Bull Boss case?

Edited by tomacht8
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tomacht8 said:

I am not sure 100%, but for example Taksin was convicted "in absentia".

Why doesn't that work in the Red Bull Boss case?

He has not been tried or convicted, that is the entire crux of this matter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

He has not been tried or convicted, that is the entire crux of this matter

Then Attorney General Net Naksuk left the Red Bull Boss files unprocessed on his desk for almost 9 years. I think he'll get a warning for that. He's no longer on duty anyway. I hope he could put enough money aside for his retirement. That’s it.

On 8/14/2021 at 3:31 PM, RJRS1301 said:

Oh how harsh ????

They prefer to call it a rewording of some of the findings, and since there were no

recommendations allowed (my guess), the committee has done its job.

Now the outcome of the AOG will be for broad discussion and a review committee, to make suitable recommendations .

That should take about five years, allows statutes to run out,  and allow further allowances towards pension and property portfolios , then retirement.

Matter dealt with.

Agree, plus a delay time so that all involved can speak up to ensure they don't get caught in the next steps (if there are any next steps).

I love reading Red Bull stories.

The amount of outrage written on TVF is probably 100% more than the total coverage on domestic Thai media. The whole case outrages farangs more than Thai's because it's hard to wrap your head around how a justice system could work this way. Most Thai's will simply roll their eyes and just say 'this is how it is'

The noobies and the apologists either are too new or refuse to accept what goes on in Thailand when it comes to so called Justice.

There are two parallel systems, one for those with money, the other for those without money.

Both are equally corrupt, but I'd argue the one for those with money is probably more egregious.

The 'Boss' has been identified in multiple locations, nothing was done to ask local authorities to arrest him.

Unlike most real justice systems, the clock does not stop if you flee the country, so you wait and run out the clock on charges, assuming that is you are super wealthy

Whether or not there is a Red Notice who knows.

It was visible on the Interpol website when the famous pictures of him emerging from a house in London surfaced. RTP never asked UK authorities to pursue him and the Red Notice disappeared.

No Thai journalist will ever pursue this, for fear of defamation, computer crime or whatever. Much safer to cover the local loso murder case, or the road rage case du jour.

Anyone with a couple of brain cells know this a simple case of going through the motions.

No one with exception of a few minions will ever get prosecuted, the money will continue to change hands and all will be fine. In point of fact the only guy who has ever been found guilty was the Isaan servant who was, I'm sure paid handsomely to say he was the one driving at the time.

I sincerely doubt a kid caught with a couple of Yaba pills would have been able to claim he was sick, couldn't attend an arraignment then fled to Singapore to make himself feel better.

I'll guarantee we'll be reading stories just like this, right up to the day the Boss returns from some luxury penthouse right after the clock runs out on all charges

Edited by GinBoy2

11 days to negotiate a new round of brown bags.   It's not easy moving so much wealth around somewhat untraceable.  Would be interesting to know how many kids or relatives get scholarships and or govt jobs.