October reopening?

1 hour ago, NorthernRyland said:

I've been waiting for 10 months now and I think we may just need to bite the bullet and go for Phuket. Summer is winding down and time is of the essence.

Looks like the best chance you will have at present time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I suspect most of the foreigners who test positive after arrival, is due to being exposed to infected the Thais and Burmese. 

That would of been on the flight to here. They do a test as soon as your arrive for the sandbox. But some tested positive for their 2nd test.

It would be interesting to know which vaccine they got in the country they were in before traveling to here.

3 hours ago, internationalism said:

there is still phuket and samui sandboxes. After 2 weeks you can travel by bus to bangkok and onwards to anywhere.

Or do ASQ in bangkok/pattaya area, but it's being locked in as room and is more expensive, than ALQ's.

I think on special visa you can stay up to 9 months. Or better sort out some other one, even marriage visa

I want to go to visit my family, my idea was in the end of this year. But I only will go if I can comeback to Thailand, and with the current situation I don't see how can I go to Spain and comeback to Bangkok.

The sandbox still working? If I go to the Phuket Sandbox.... after two weeks can I come to Bangkok? Really???

Edited by jonga80
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

There are no international flights arriving in Chiang Mai at this time. That means only arriving in Bangkok or Phuket is possible at this time. There is also the Samui sandbox with flights transiting through Bangkok  to there.

Can you transit through BKK to get to Phuket or must it be a direct flight?

When left i bought my return ticket from Europe to BKK only as the sandbox was not on the go then, am i going to have to throw that away and buy a new ticket direct to HKT?

Thanks.

I'm reading the requirements, I would like to save all the possible money, it's expensive to do the Sandbox? I saw in Agoda some hotels 600 bahts per night, I expected more expensive. Are there any extra expenses that I don't know about?

4 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

At this time there are no transit flights at BKK to Phuket.

But Thai Smile is starting some "charter flights" from BKK to Phuket. Not sure you will be able to connect to it. If you do not have checked luggage it might be easier to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

You can transit through BKK to get to Phuket, but final destination in your ticket must be Phuket. 

You may not flying to Bangkok and once there booking a flight to Phuket. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, jonga80 said:

it's expensive to do the Sandbox?

Besides airplane tickets and booking SHA plus hotel, you have to pay PCR before boarding your airplane to Phuket, get a $100.000 travel insurance, pay in advance 8000 bahts for 3 more PCR once in Phuket and about 1000 bahts for private transport from airport to hotel. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Espanol said:

You can transit through BKK to get to Phuket, but final destination in your ticket must be Phuket. 

You may not flying to Bangkok and once there booking a flight to Phuket. 

What airlines are flying BKK - HKT?

Do you know anyone that has done this?

Thanks.

Just now, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks.

Sorry, no idea at the moment.

I just mentioned which is the normative right now, but no idea about if there is an airline flying XXX-BKK-HKT.

Turkish Airlines had that option before, but they already cancelled that flight.

However, a few weeks ago I was looking for tickets to Phuket in Skyscanner and some of the option included transfer in BKK. I think that KLM was one of those. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Espanol said:

Sorry, no idea at the moment.

I just mentioned which is the normative right now, but no idea about if there is an airline flying XXX-BKK-HKT.

Turkish Airlines had that option before, but they already cancelled that flight.

However, a few weeks ago I was looking for tickets to Phuket in Skyscanner and some of the option included transfer in BKK. I think that KLM was one of those. 

thanks, i actually hold a KLM flight, i will investigate.

On 8/14/2021 at 10:31 AM, NorthernRyland said:

I agree but I'm not a tourist. I plan to say as many months as I can.

Then get get your visa sorted, book an ASQ either here or in Phuket, get a ticket and come.  No one is stopping anyone from coming here.

As stated the country has been open for tourism for almost a year as long as you ASQ.  

On 8/14/2021 at 12:50 PM, spidermike007 said:

I suspect most of the foreigners who test positive after arrival, is due to being exposed to infected the Thais and Burmese. 

Not necessarily the funny thing is that these shots do not prevent you from being a carrier.  You can get the shot and still be positive later.  The shots do not prevent covid they only minimize the reaction.

Therefore you can get on a plane with someone from any country that has been vaxxed and they can still have covid 19 D or L 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Thanks.

Unless someone is flying into Samui or Phuket in the next week I would suggest that it is a <deleted> shoot.  You do not know when or if they are going to change the rules.

To me if I am coming to BKK then I would book to BKK and do the ASQ in BKK.  Simple and easy no hassles and o chance of the rules changing.

• Sad 1

Current Phuket Sandbox simply must continue from 1 Oct. for “ high season”.High Vax Rate. Minimal Delta Impact. Many reasons to visit.

Beaches clean / uncrowded, Resorts, Restaurants, Temples, Forests, Diving, Gym, Squash, Golf, Main Mall are all OPEN.Very FEW Tourists. Thailand Travel possible after 14 Days. Just avoid the large modern cities.

Great for Families, Couples, Singles Chilling. Low Prices…….

Have been here now 17 months as semi retired Resident Property Owner

(since 2004) with Family so yes trolls & naysayers I DO know Phuket very well indeed.

21 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Unless someone is flying into Samui or Phuket in the next week I would suggest that it is a <deleted> shoot.  You do not know when or if they are going to change the rules.

To me if I am coming to BKK then I would book to BKK and do the ASQ in BKK.  Simple and easy no hassles and o chance of the rules changing.

Have you done the ASQ in BKK yet?

The difference between being locked in a room and being able to roam around phuket freely is huge, it's a no brainer to me.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 1:39 PM, jonga80 said:

I want to go to visit my family, my idea was in the end of this year. But I only will go if I can comeback to Thailand, and with the current situation I don't see how can I go to Spain and comeback to Bangkok.

The sandbox still working? If I go to the Phuket Sandbox.... after two weeks can I come to Bangkok? Really???

quote "The sandbox still working? If I go to the Phuket Sandbox.... after two weeks can I come to Bangkok? Really???" 

Possibly. That can only happen if you get a negative result on all 3 of your nasal tests. One positive of even a false positive and you are off to the ASQ asap.

You will have to pay for those 14 days from your own pocket. Also, though you may have the $100,000 insurance, if your country had put Thailand on the red list, the insurace company will use that as an excuse not to pay up.

• Thanks 1