Tenant from hell leaves behind mountain of trash at central Thailand apartment

webfact

10pmSUN_VI.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook investigated after the latest story of a filthy renter hit the internet. 

This one included a video that was posted on "Thee Nee Nawanakhon".

There were mountains of rotting trash everywhere including disgusting piles of used sanitary napkins. 

The owner posed a salient question of his tenant who has fled the scene:

"Where the hell did she sleep?"

Plus there was literally nowhere to even walk.

Sanook's inquiries revealed that the tenant was a 23 year old "beautiful woman" who worked in a factory at in an industrial estate and lived nearby in the Sinthawee housing estate in Ayutthaya, central Thailand.

The owner of the room told them that she had disappeared on July 20th owing rent and that he thought she might have contracted Covid and was going back up-country to seek treatment. 

On a hunch he sent in his sons to investigate and they found the state of the room.

It took the two lads 19 large black bin bags before the place was clean again. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

21 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The other side of been a landlord, its not just

about collecting the rent....with me there was no

mess, they just stole 4 A/c, 3 teak doors and curtains,

good job it was unfurnished.

regards worgeordie

Tis now -

• Haha 1

While I never had a tenant like that, I did have tenants in Western countries who destroyed an apartment in a multitude of other ways. marked or destroyed most of the furniture, broke all the locks on the several patio doors, completely fouled the carpets, white goods (oven, cooker and fridge and washing machine) had to be replaced, beds were in terrible condition as they did not seem to use sheets at least some of the time. They gave the neighbours a terrible time with noise, climbing onto balconies of other flats etc. Getting them to leave was not easy due to laws favouring the tenants. After they left, I spent several months and fifteen thousand dollars equivalent restoring the property and refurnishing it. The tenants kept threatening me with legal action and reporting me for non-existent infringements of rules. I became much more careful about vetting tenants from then on. By the way, these were middle class tenants - one was a lawyer. After that, I always meet the tenants face to face and don't rely on some agent to just fill the apartment so that he can get his commission quickly.

• Like 1

Severe mental health issues there.

Imagine if that is how the place she lived in was kept, think for a moment about her personal hygiene.

Seemed like there was a connected electrical cord to a power point, slight concern there

On 8/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, worgeordie said:

The other side of been a landlord, its not just

about collecting the rent....with me there was no

mess, they just stole 4 A/c, 3 teak doors and curtains,

regards worgeordie

Ah they put that those with my door handles 2 shower heaters.

• Haha 1

I think this is not all that uncommon--although perhaps not as bad as this.   My partner and I had to clean out a rental condo for a friend who was out of the country.  The tenant was a young, single Thai lady who absconded.  We filled a dozen or so very large garbage bags--and it was a small studio condo.  Food left everywhere, maggots in the fridge--which was left open.  Disgusting.  Some of the clothes she left behind were very nice--so she looked great when she went out but left her home a pigsty.  

• Like 1

Whew, was worried for a moment there I thought possibly a filthy Falang story.

Doesn't seem like a hoarder per say just a bunch of filthy trash.

23 and beautiful.  Mental problems possibly hot and sexy sounds like an expats dream. 

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Whew, was worried for a moment there I thought possibly a filthy Falang story.

Doesn't seem like a hoarder per say just a bunch of filthy trash.

23 and beautiful.  Mental problems possibly hot and sexy sounds like an expats dream. 

Sounds like the ideal woman for some one here,i do not need to name him of course.

What's the issue? You have her name and personal details. 

Report it to the cops that she is endangering the lives of everyone living in the building by creating such filthy health hazardous mess, have her brought back and make her clean it up.