How Effective Is One Dose

ThaiPauly

Traveling to MedPark from Chiang Mai next week ,

I need to know if the government bring in more severe lockdown restrictions  before I can get my second dose and I cannot return to Bangkok how effective one dose of Pfyser will be?

Many Thanks

I checked exactly this topic the last days to make a decision for myself if I should take 1 shot of Astra.

In my opinion (there will be different ones) one shot of Astra or Pfizer should protect you 70-80% from death when you maybe not super old (under 50). That's the number I only care about.

Checkout Google and search about it a bit you find different studies not all say the same. As we have the Delta variant here only that is important. 

• Thanks 2

according to the spokesman from the ministry of foreign affairs they are going to do pfizer in chiang mai for foreigners. Some 2k doses. Starting 18th august.

Possibly you don't need to travel that far.

And be easier to get local second dose.

Try to sort out this with medpark. I think they use same database

Edited by internationalism
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

according to the spokesman from the ministry of foreign affairs they are going to do pfizer in chiang mai for foreigners. Some 2k doses. Starting 18th august.

Possibly you don't need to travel that far.

And be easier to get local second dose.

Try to sort out this with medpark. I think they use same database

We keep hearing this about the Chiang Mai  Pfyser  dosage, and frankly it's hard to believe anything the powers to be say to be honest.

I will speak to MedPark as you suggest regarding the possibility  of a second dose being administered locally.

Many thanks for your imput

• Sad 1

Many top scientists have experienced a significant reduction of anxiety and depression and suggest that a single dose of LSD can change our personalities forever and make you smarter, happier and healthier. We should all try it?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, burner2014 said:

I checked exactly this topic the last days to make a decision for myself if I should take 1 shot of Astra.

In my opinion (there will be different ones) one shot of Astra or Pfizer should protect you 70-80% from death when you maybe not super old (under 50). That's the number I only care about.

Checkout Google and search about it a bit you find different studies not all say the same. As we have the Delta variant here only that is important. 

"super old (under 50). That's the number I only care about."

Well that sums you Kiddo.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Many top scientists have experienced a significant reduction of anxiety and depression and suggest that a single dose of LSD can change our personalities forever and make you smarter, happier and healthier. We should all try it?

I'll stick with a cold beer thanks.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Where do I get my free government dose?

Drove up to BKK from Pattaya today for Pfizer at Samitivej Hospital in Sukhumvit. Seems to be a Japanese hospital…..very nice place.

I signed up for as many places as I could for the Pfizer expecting to be notified for this Wednesday…..out of the blue on Friday they said Monday…..never heard of this hospital before Friday. Highly efficient and guided easily through a number of rooms, and then injected, then sat for 30 minutes. I return on the 12th Sept for part two. Disappointingly they wouldn’t inject my wife, and said it would be next year before that happens……Thais deserve better than that.

I would suggest you signup for as many places as possible, then hopefully they will text you pretty quickly. Driving up we were at the hospital 1 hour 45 minutes at noon. We were supposed to be there between 1 and 3pm, but they were taking everybody immediately. I asked how many today, and they said 400. Good luck guys.

• Like 1

On 8/15/2021 at 4:05 PM, burner2014 said:

ahh yes DR google is so wise

My daughter has had one dose of Pfizer and she got Covid ... for the second time. She got it in Thailand in December 2019 before people outside China knew much about Covid. One dose doesn't protect you fully, but if you get the virus, she said she had a bad headache + minor symptoms for the first 3 days, then 3 days of no smell or taste, but she felt 90% fine. She's nearly over it now. She's in Finland. She's protected from Covid for up to 6 months now, apparently, but she'll get her second dose in 2 months to be safe.

• Confused 1

On 8/15/2021 at 11:05 AM, burner2014 said:

In short: unpredictable! 

There is NO guarantee not to end up in Hospital.... with open end. ????