Nigerian and Thai nationals arrested in Bangkok after reportedly exporting illegal drugs to Australia

webfact

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Upon investigation, an additional 985 grams of crystal meth was discovered at Marisa’s apartment in the Bang Kapi district while about 35 grams of heroin, 89 grams of crystal meth, and 82 grams of cocaine were found at Anthony’s house in Samut Prakan province

Enjoy the rice porridge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

after reportedly shipping illegal drugs to Australia by hiding them in a set of Buddhist monk offerings.

Bladdy Amateurs. ????

Buddha related items are probably the most common way for amateurs of trying to smuggle drugs out of Thailand next to products made of bamboo. 

Also, crimes involving Buddha images usually carries extra years to sentences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jim1953 said:

I never understand why some border from different countrys like Thailand let enter nigerians !

I was getting a visa in the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh many years ago, probably 75% of the other applicants were 'Nigerians'.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

I don't know what hope the Nigerians have, but the Thai drug traffickers might have a bright future in the government.

Don't think so, he should have  consulted the government expert who could have advised on how to avoid getting caught -  he has failed the initial entry exam. 

12 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

I was getting a visa in the Thai Embassy in Phnom Penh many years ago, probably 75% of the other applicants were 'Nigerians'.

Nigerians can only obtain visas from their own country. I've never seen them at any Thai embassy or consulate in this region. Nor have I seen any at the borders around Thailand when doing a border run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, impulse said:

I'd have thought they'd put a secret squirrel barcode sticker on the box notifying the Aus Post Office that there's drugs inside and send it on its way to see who picks it up.  

I am sure the Australian authorities already have the addressee or post office box owner under discrete surveillance  or possibly already applied for a search warrant for any physical address related to that PO box

4 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Buddhism ......  it's just such an honest religion.    Not !!    LOL

Less honest than those which worship the virgin birth?

Turn bread into bodies via transubstantiation?

2 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Less honest than those which worship the virgin birth?

Turn bread into bodies via transubstantiation?

yes, it just makes me curious .... thai's in the village pray and worship at the tree and carry on making out how good and honest they are, yet they're the first who would cheat and rip you off as quick as lightning.  Seen it happen many times.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am sure the Australian authorities already have the addressee or post office box owner under discrete surveillance  or possibly already applied for a search warrant for any physical address related to that PO box

Finding out their suppliers in Thailand have been arrested would be a pretty good warning to lay low and not go anywhere near the PO Box.  And even if they did go to the box, it's hard to prosecute them for receiving nuthin'.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Finding out their suppliers in Thailand have been arrested would be a pretty good warning to lay low and not go anywhere near the PO Box.  And even if they did go to the box, it's hard to prosecute them for receiving nuthin'.

Many have been done for attempted importation if they are given up by those arrested, depends on position on food chain I believe.

Some even got 20 yr plus depending on the size shipment seized in other countries

On 8/16/2021 at 9:18 AM, RJRS1301 said:

It would be discriminatory to refuse entry on race based bias. Hitler tried that

Remember there a millions of hard working honest Nigerians along with most ethnicities across the world

"millions" ?? No need to exaggerate there. :coffee1:

14 minutes ago, tubby johnson said:

"millions" ?? No need to exaggerate there. :coffee1:

What is Nigeria population in 2020?

206,139,589 people

I am sure the vast majority are hard working and honest
  • Haha 1