Thai govt defends mix & match vaccine policy

webfact

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's what I (will) get. And what I read is that it will not be accepted for quarantine free entry to most European countries.

I have no urge to travel and wait for Moderna much later in the year.

In EU , you can for example have an AZ first jab, and the Pfizer the second, scientists say it’s a good idea, as  both having  the same goal ( don’t ask me to explain) the Pfizer will attack the virus in a slightly different way, meaning you have a larger cover . Many friends in EU and GB have had this, and for me, having had my two AZ, I might ask for a Pfizer next time ( 3 rd jab follow up). Pfizer is slightly more effective against the Delta variant. I’d definitely trust Western ideas over Thai, and I wouldn’t have Sinovac unless it was a very last chance. Unfortunately, in Thailand, I’m not sure how good the AZ is going to be , seems to have had many problems and a lab that isn’t very experienced in the domain. 

• Like 1

And of course he forget to tell that no other country have think that this kind of mix is a good idea or that studies have show that the risk of Bell's Palsy, a type of facial paralysis, is higher after Sinovac Biotech Ltd's vaccin (The Chinese just happened to forget to test for that). 

While I respect the Kingdom of Thailand making decisions concerning the Thai citizens. Any Thai or foreign citizens planning to travel outside Thailand need to keep aware of the requirements of the country they wish to visit or return to ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Isaan sailor said:

I don’t think I’d like to mix vaccines, thank you.  However I might make an exception mixing Pfizer with Moderna…

Talking about Pfizer ! Is there a way of knowing if these hospitals  are 

taking precautions to keep the Pvacc under proper temperature .

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/05/02/moderna-just-made-the-pfizer-vaccines-biggest-weak/

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

In other words, the truth. (or the closest they get to the truth) 

Mix and Max, this smacks of desperation, and willing to try anything.20 years from now, this will go down in history as the worlds biggest medical experiment, and show how wrong they got it.

• Like 1

I suspect the mix and match has more to do with price and availability than anything else. I was told I was getting AZ first but when I turned up it was Sinovac to be followed 3 weeks later by AZ. I wonder who had my AZ jab?

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, crazykopite said:

its not Bars that give you Covid you could be in 7/11 or makro and catch it as far as i can recall even the WHO world health organisation frowned upon mix and match as there were insufficent tests carried out im lucky ive had my 1st AZ however if they offer me a alternative for my 2nd jab i will say no thanks like you i am well retired but have plans for a longer life 

I don't know about you, but I get a lot closer to staff in bars than in a 7/11.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Defend it all you want, if the international community refuses to accept it, you're still screwed.

True enough, I'm Canadian, neither of the vaccines I've received so far will allow me to travel there. On the other hand, two Moderna jabs will, I just have to last long enough to get them. I'll be 69 in a month and I'm a type two diabetic, I want the best odds I can get.

• Like 2

It's a comy headline. 

However, what the govt should tell Thai people:

We are idiots? 

We are everyday wrong doing? 

We did a mistake? 

We did not expect the virus would come to Thailand (because our perfect realionship to China) ?

We are bragging too much ?

We are incompetent ?

Of course they would do everything to cheat, to lie, to steal eg just for staying in power. ????

My friend in udon got her first jab today.Don,t know  which one so it is happening and people are getting the jab.i can joke with her now and say you are safe to come near and touch .So you got to give thailand their  due,trying  hard to get the vaccine out

I would recommend following WHO advice. Mind you, they (and many governments), have been painfully slow in accepting the benefits of masks, and the hazards of using high-rise hotels with sealed windows and ducted air-conditioning, as quarantine facilities, for a virus that was always “airborne”. And now they insist people gather in huge numbers at testing sites rather than distributing Rapid Antigen Test kits to the population as a first indication so people can make an informed decision. Once again, they will see the light, eventually.

12 hours ago, nong38 said:

I suspect the mix and match has more to do with price and availability than anything else. I was told I was getting AZ first but when I turned up it was Sinovac to be followed 3 weeks later by AZ. I wonder who had my AZ jab?

I would of told them they can <deleted> off 

your not saying the military mix and match their vaccines are you god help us, still the big panic and the gilt you better have it or die this is 100% scare tactics and good for the man who has the guts to stand up for his rights (the type you need in the forces) if there are any more left lol time will tell and in a big way, I am waiting for someone to say there is a new strain that is to strong for the vaccines that are in use and everyone is going to need a new stronger one, (what is the bet?)

• Like 1

I am told that eating tinned rice pudding ( preferably Waitrose own brand ) is almost as good as some vaccines, also seen 30 pills for 350bts made from some local lead that looked like a nettle which the merchantess informed me that this would prevent me getting covid, then we all had a good laugh and I decided to keep my 350 bts but it was a close call. 

A post that had content that was copy and pasted from another site has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

There is a problem though for people who travel. There are studies approved ie 2 doses of Astra or Pfeizer which are accepted by WHO and as such allow you to travel. 

But, WHO and many govt bodies have no solid data on mix and match.....  so might not be able to travel

On 8/19/2021 at 10:01 AM, webfact said:

The authorities have cited studies into the cocktail being made by respected institutes like Chulalongkorn University, Ramathibodi Hospital and Sirirat Hospital.

This country has NEVER contributed ANYTHING for the betterment of mankind and they expect us to believe their utter nonsense... What a crock!!! The only leading edge or forefront they have been on is failure. Believe me, if this was in fact true, the rest of the world would have figured this out a long time ago!!!

• Like 1