79-year-old man loses arm after being attacked by a neighbor’s dog in Chonburi

snoop1130

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

What a shame not one mention of it being a Pit Bull for the Pit Bull haters. 

Were it a pit bull, the arm probably would have been ripped right off. Pitbulls are the top killers out there. Do you need an update? Give me a second to find one.

Last death by pitbull in a quick check was July 28.  But there have been endless attacks since then.

https://www.pe.com/2021/08/06/4-people-injured-in-dog-attack-in-jurupa-valley/

• Sad 1

I'll agree that all dogs can be at least a little dangerous if they bite you. In packs, they often go wild again and often willingly join in an attack. But some breeds are worse. Pitbulls send plenty of people to the hospital every year in every country including Thailand.

I found this from a website on the US:

"In 2019, pit bulls killed their owners and the owners' family members 40% of the time. That year, of the 48 Americans were killed by dogs, 33 were killed by pit bulls and their mixes, and 13 of the 33 victims were their owner or the owner's family member. In one additional case, the victim was a visiting baby."

https://dogbitelaw.com/vicious-dogs/pit-bulls-facts-and-figures

All I am saying is do you really need a pitbull? Won't a collie or airdale fit?

If you love pitbulls and you see a few running down the street, go greet them and play with them before they find some child to play with. Better a pitbull lover gets mauled than some innocent kid or old lady.

Just found this story from Thailand earlier this year. Nothing will happen to the dog in the article that opened this thread. They let a killer pitbull go to a new home. April 2021.

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/killer-pattaya-pitbull-finds-new-home-in-nakhon-sawan-351662

6 hours ago, KannikaP said:

K'nel. The two lady dog's owners say they will put a sign on their gate saying do not feed the dogs.

A trip to the vets and a shot of whatever works would be the correct answer.

Are the vet to administer the shot for the owner too, or only the dogs?

Edited by tingtong
  • Like 1

Sad story, but the old fella made a mistake by putting his arm over the fence, he could have come back at another time to give them the gift,  dogs do what dogs do, protect the property.

Good the ladies have taken full responsibility of the accident.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

the dogs would get a yummy marinated steak after that if i was the neighbor who was bitten

Ironically, when I clicked the link to the full news website, it has an advertisement for a steak restaurant right alongside the article - complete with pics of raw steak.

Edited by Gsxrnz
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, steven100 said:

they probably bark all day which would be enough to warrant some action. 

Your assertion is based on what, exactly? I have dogs, and the only time they bark is to warn us if someone comes to the house. Pretty decent burglar alarm. If you knew anything about dogs, which clearly you don't, you would know that they will protect and guard their territory. Not very different to humans, when you think about it.

As another poster has said, it was a bit silly for the old chap to put his hand through the gate, when he could simply have left the bag outside. A sad accident, but at least the owner has accepted responsibility, a rare thing in Thailand. How you compensate someone for a lost arm, though, I have no idea. Now they know how serious it is I wouldn't be surprised if they back-pedal.

• Like 1

Looking at the video, the gate and perimeter walls don't pose much of a hindrance to those large dogs. They can easily be climbed over for dogs of that size. How long will it be before they mangle the face of a child? 

According to the report, the poor guy had to wait with a severely damaged arm for a rescue service and a reporter from Pattaya News to turn up before being rushed to hospital? No neighbours with a car or pick-up?

2 hours ago, bobandyson said:

How long will it be before they mangle the face of a child? 

Speculation. Lets kill all dogs based on what they may do in the future. And lets kill all baby boys incase they turn out to be mass murderers or rapists.

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Which really goes to say the old guy got all that was coming to him. Having been to the house before he'd have known the dogs were there. Plain crazy when he could have left the lemons hanging on the outside of the gate. That's what happens at my house when someone drops something off.

Was he trying to burgal the place?!

No, he was dropping off fruit for complete fud of a woman with almost deadly dangerous dogs.

Totally deserves to lose an arm. Lol And if a child puts its arm through? The dogs should be put down.

Ownee probably doesn't give two craps. Thais like having aggressive dogs - that's the whole idea behind having dogs to them.

But I bet if they were to escape they'd kill a child.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Speculation. Lets kill all dogs based on what they may do in the future. And lets kill all baby boys incase they turn out to be mass murderers or rapists.

These dogs already caused someone to lose an arm! Or did you miss that part??

The whole concept to put down a dog that has biten is the speculation that they might do it again.

Which part of this is difficult for you to grasp?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2009 said:

I bet if they were to escape they'd kill a child

Speculation.

2 minutes ago, 2009 said:

Was he trying to burgal the place?!

No,

Looks like someone forgot to tell the dogs he wasn't a burglar.

• Confused 2

17 hours ago, KannikaP said:

K'nel. The two lady dog's owners say they will put a sign on their gate saying do not feed the dogs.

A trip to the vets and a shot of whatever works would be the correct answer.

Why? Because they protect their owners property? 

12 minutes ago, snowgard said:

Why? Because they protect their owners property? 

Agreed. The dogs did exactly what they were meant to do. Protect property against intruders. How many posters on here would stick their arm through a gate knowing there were 4 large dogs on the other side? Friendly or not?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Agreed. The dogs did exactly what they were meant to do. Protect property against intruders. How many posters on here would stick their arm through a gate knowing there were 4 large dogs on the other side? Friendly or not?

But you could rightfullly  argue  that youmshouldnt  be able to stick  your  hand thru the fence, could  have been a  child, should  have been a gate/wall with no gaps  in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bobandyson said:

Looking at the video, the gate and perimeter walls don't pose much of a hindrance to those large dogs. They can easily be climbed over for dogs of that size. How long will it be before they mangle the face of a child? 

Some innocent kid getting their ball back would be a concern.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

There is a clear correlation between owning a dog and being a moron.  Any owner who allows his pet to roam free on roads causing accidents, defecating at will, proves this.  In civilised countries no dogs are allowed out unless on leads.  Strays are summarily dealt with.

One of the many reasons Thailand will never be considered a developed country.

• Like 1