Help has arrived! 150K doses of AstraZeneca reaches Bangkok from Bhutan

webfact

26 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Do read the article please:

''Dr Kiatphoom Wongjarit of the Ministry of Public Health confirmed the arrival that is under an agreement whereby the Thai government will return a commensurate amount at the end of the year''.

So in effect, Thailand has 'borrowed' the vaccines.

• Like 1

because of mismanagement the Government is looking for ways to safe face.... But it is shameful to even make an article about 150.000 doses borrowed from a poor country, as in Thailand very wealthy people could buy more and better vaccines, but in stead it will be spend on holidays in Germany

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Do read the article please:

''Dr Kiatphoom Wongjarit of the Ministry of Public Health confirmed the arrival that is under an agreement whereby the Thai government will return a commensurate amount at the end of the year''.

So this little swapsy makes their cowscock of everything, including their own hall-pass antics -that ushered in this wave- alright then? This was the nation that is now breaking its own vaccine contracts with its ASEAN neighbors to save their own skins as a result of sickening hubris and pathetic propaganda stunts that backfired. I hope ASEAN sue them to oblivion.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

When big country like Thailand need to ask the help a tiny country Like Bhutan, if i were a Thai, i would have buried my head in shame that we have come that far and low...

My first thought on hearing this was... thanks Bhutan... my second thought I will censor...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

It would have been part of the worldwide rollout. However the fact they have come from one the worlds poorest nations, shows there is no shame in this current regime.

Will they replace them or have they financially compensated the generosity of the Bhutan people?

No, they will do a switch and give back Sinovac instead! ????????

Edited by Chris.B
  • Sad 2

I can only imagine what would have happened if the Thai Govt. did not accept all the vaccine it could get their hands on.

Then the comments would have been.:

"General doesn't care about his people", "too slow to get vaccine" etc etc etc.....

A single jab might save a life - so the more vaccine the merrier - doesn't matter where it comes from.

• Like 1

BHUTAN, It is one of the world's smallest countries, landlocked in the Himalayas.

INCREDIBLE, a tiny poor nation DONATES TO THAILAND. 

The same same happened when 3 days ago rich singapore donated 100k doses of AZ to Brunei.????????

7 hours ago, tonray said:

Making the rounds....I wonder where the vaccine came from...unlikelly it was manufactured in Bhutan

https://www.unicef.org/bulgaria/en/stories/unicef-hails-bhutans-successful-completion-full-covid-19-vaccinations-90-population

There were many doses donated from the EU countries. In EU pretty much nobody wants AZ, they have better vaccines to choose, and they are getting rid of the old AZ stock which is nearing its expiry date. Hopefully Bhutan stored them properly, including Thailand it would be 3 countries stopover from the factory before they get administered.

• Like 1