Thai Government to Procure 120 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccines for Next Year

webfact

4 minutes ago, internationalism said:

this "news" is 5 weeks old. First came on 14.7 and is being reheated by the government mouthpiece propagandists since than.

Not surprisingly it states: "for those who still cannot access the vaccinations, those who require booster doses". That's because there are not enough doses for this very 2021 year.

Boosters are needed, because sinovac is below expectations.

That is why already now pfizer is given pronto as a booster to medics on 2 sinovac.

And why pioneered mix and match policy is implemented.

Those 50mln of the AZ for the 2022 includes 36mln signed already in May. The government hoped, that they can force the AZ to be delivered this year - not so. Those doses will be coming in 9mln batches in January-May.

Those 10mln mentioned in today's article are not the AZ at all, as implied. That figure is repeated from the beginning of year, but is false. In the last 3 months there were only up to 6mln of AZ per month locally made.

There were 1mln donated from Japan, 415k from the UK, 150k borrowed from Bhutan.

The rest are emergency orders of sinovac, now reaching 30mln and another 12mln just ordered a few days ago.

Sinopharm first 1mln and 5mln follow up.

Also donated Pfizer 1.5mln

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/purchase-of-120-million-doses-of-covid-19-vaccine-for-2022-approved-by-nvc/

You  could  never  be a  politician especially a  Thai  one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

He said the COVID-19 vaccines will mainly be used as a third shot boosters for those who have received two shots of Sinovac.

I presume they have learnt their lesson and will not be ordering any more of these for next year?

3 hours ago, webfact said:

They will also be available for children, as many studies have found that it is safe for them to be inoculated.

So I guess the schools will be closed for the rest of this year and wait for the vaccines to arrive next year before studies resume?

There'll be no arms to jab next year with deaths climbing daily;  Sinovac trickling down the drains; outgoing flights of the well-heeled leaving for safer climes; the baht buying less; 800K  in the banks dwindling while Rome burns.  We're doomed AND there's a coup on the horizon.

Which vaccines have been tested and approved for the children?

I have read that some are being tested, but I have not seen an official

wording that any of the vaccines have been approved for the young children.

I guess the children and teens from 12 to 18 are getting a couple of choices, but what

about the younger disease spreaders?

Geezer

for kids it's only pfizer, but in thailand only for those with underlying. They would be getting shots already now, from those the usa 1.5mln donated and from another 1mln coming shortly. There would be sometimes 30mln coming, but because they were just recently ordered they would be likely stretched stretched 2022.

Many other vax are already tested on kids, results would be coming shortly

Edited by internationalism