Video: Australian pensioner kicked over after he hit Thai man's car that failed to stop at zebra crossing

webfact

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

I thought my wife was the only one.

True to a degree. I regularly cross at Nana, soi 4 and you have to be bold and step out because they will not stop just because the pedestrian crossing is on green.

Iwill call you out on that one have crossed there many times over the years never much of a problem. not like here in CM.

• Like 1

He was lucky in way, could have been stabbed or shot. My wife goes ballistic if a I say or doing anything when driving, she is genuinely scared that some idiot will pull a gun.

well i hope to hell you stand up for yourself  .. 

i for one have been hit twice while walking    no damage   

Edited by ifmu
add

Mine too. Just gotta sit there and say nothing. Not easy.

• Like 2

The two questions people should be asking are: (1) Does the foreigner have the right to hit the bonnet of the car. (2) Does the foreigner have the right to enforce a law that applies in hia own country. While I can appreciate his frustration, the answer to both the questions is "No". As to the law followed by Thais, my understanding is that the driver is to slow down when coming to a zebra crossing and not obligated to stop. Rightly or wrongly, the foreigner has to adjust. Just because you turned 80 does not give you entitlement.  To be honest, he is much more fortunate than the French man who was stabbed to death when he took it on himself to stop a Thai pissing in the Bangkok canal at 3 am in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, riverhigh said:

The two questions people should be asking are: (1) Does the foreigner have the right to hit the bonnet of the car. (2) Does the foreigner have the right to enforce a law that applies in hia own country. While I can appreciate his frustration, the answer to both the questions is "No". As to the law followed by Thais, my understanding is that the driver is to slow down when coming to a zebra crossing and not obligated to stop. Rightly or wrongly, the foreigner has to adjust. Just because you turned 80 does not give you entitlement.  To be honest, he is much more fortunate than the French man who was stabbed to death when he took it on himself to stop a Thai pissing in the Bangkok canal at 3 am in the morning. 

Are you really trying to justify a cowardly attack on an 80 year old man? Says a lot about you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Reminds me of the black Benz finally pulled up right across the zebra crossing on a red light at Nana.

My Kiwi mate just climbed on & walked right across his bonnet.

Those days the crossing was very busy & he just walked briskly then into the Plaza & got lost in the crowd.

Dangerous I know, but I bet the driver thought twice before doing it again

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:
6 hours ago, Clydesdale said:

What action will the police take against the car failing to stop at a zebra crossing when there is a pedestrian on it ?

None, neither will they do anything for running up on the blind side to nail an old man.

Garbage.  They will if the victim wants to press charges, in this case, he doesn't.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Elderly abuse is a felony in many countries pressing charges by the victim is not required.  They should book this abusers A and give him significant jail time.  Shameful and disgusting,,

That's irrelevant, this is Thailand and US laws (or any other countries' laws) cannot be applied here.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

51 minutes ago, itsari said:
55 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Because that's his privilege.

The police could of charged the attacker without approval . There privilege also 

They "could of" [sic], could they?   How would they get on without the victim as a witness, do you think?   

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Typical young Thai, attacked an elderly person from behind then ran away.

I've taken the Thai driving test and I can recall part of the instruction and test was give way to pedestrians whilst crossing controlled ATS I don't think it mentioned zebra crossings. 

Hopefully the old guy will report it and with a but if luck someone will have the number.

36 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

The Thai pr1ck should be thrown into the slammer for a while, fined royally and warned that if he had any other traffic offense over the next 24 months, his car would get impounded. 

"...any other traffic offense over the next 24 months, his car would get impounded".

You're making up new Thai laws, now, eh?

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

How did you work out that the Thai was "being racist"?

Thank you for your reply . 

Why I say the attacker was racist is because he would not of done the same if the man or woman was Thai. 

Is that simplified enough for you?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, giddyup said:
23 minutes ago, riverhigh said:

Expand  

Are you really trying to justify a cowardly attack on an 80 year old man? Says a lot about you.

No, clearly, he was not doing that.  

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They "could of" [sic], could they?   How would they get on without the victim as a witness, do you think?   

There were enough witnesses to make a charge with out the victim .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What I find surprising is that ALL Thai drivers are also pedestrians when not in or on their vehicle so they DO know what they are and why they are there!

Though from the use they are, I don't know why they are there!

It really is just about 100% of drivers that do not stop even when people, including schoolchildren, are on the crossing and often have to stay in the middle of the road while traffic passes on either side.

This is one of the traffic violations that irritates me the most and even more so when crossings are used for parking - anything!

And, as usual, no enforcement - ever!

• Like 1