National Committee Will Propose Reopening Thailand before Year’s End

snoop1130

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

BANGKOK (NNT) - Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) will ask the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to consider reopening the country before the end of the year, as the spread of COVID-19 is showing signs of slowing down.

These clowns are delusional, wait, what's the rush, open up before you have vaxed most of the country and it will only continue to rise, sheet for brains no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

More uninformed nonsense. They can.

Where can I go and catch some music of an evening in Phuket?

Obviously that would mean serving alcohol.

I'm not talking about nightclub. Rather the restaurant/bar music joint.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Where can I go and catch some music of an evening in Phuket?

Obviously that would mean serving alcohol.

I'm not talking about nightclub. Rather the restaurant/bar music joint.

exactly - it's like opening up a 7/11 with nothing on the shelves - why go in there if all you can do is walk through the door for a fee

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

I am not going on holiday to a nice 5 star hotel because the outdoor pool is not open, that said, it is not in Phuket, a place I wouldn't return too, way past it's use by date for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phuketshrew said:

This is about opening up the rest of the country, I guess you're referring to the Phuket sandbox. It remains to be seen which of the restrictions currently in place across the country will be lifted on time for the "reopening".

That being said, I find what's currently on offer in Phuket unattractive from a typical tourist's point of view. Which explains the low number of actual arrivals.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Administration (CCSA) to consider reopening the country before the end of the year, as the spread of COVID-19 is showing signs of slowing down.

Either this or the amount of testing has diminished ...................LOL

8 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

The poster referred to hotel pools, restaurants and bars being closed, which they are not. No mention was made of alcohol or music. I am not a night owl and haven't been around Phuket town for a couple of months so I do not know whether the regular Phuket Town 'music' spots, such as Bebop, Rockin Angels, Music Matters etc. are open. I suspect not as all restaurants/bars close at 9pm. Maybe try Googling or phoning them to find more information. 

Bars are closed. Some pivoted to "restaurants". Real restaurants do close at 9pm and should not serve alcohol. Anything beyond that isn't legal and of course does happen. Beer in paper/coffee cup? Lock in? But it's breaking the law and you roll the dice.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Before the year's end?  Is that for reopening everything, or just for unrestricted tourism? I truly hope most sectors of the economy will be able to reopen long before the end of December!

Of course they will. I expect there would be a phased opening, like we had previously before, the country fully opens up to tourism. Let us hope this one lasts.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) will ask the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to consider reopening the country before the end of the year, as the spread of COVID-19 is showing signs of slowing down.

Showing signs of slowing down my ar*e, figures are been manipulated now that many are at home in isolation... how about recommending more vaccinations and forget about re-opening.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

These clowns are delusional, wait, what's the rush, open up before you have vaxed most of the country and it will only continue to rise, sheet for brains no doubt.

The Phuket sandbox has already proved that infections carry-on or even increase.. they just turn a blind eye to it.

Thailand is financially screwed, the 1.9% unemployment level is a decimal point out of place.

They need to open up but whose going to book a holiday in Bangkok?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

One of involves preparing for a safe reopening of the country, under disease control measures known as "Smart Control and Living with COVID-19", which aim to contain the pandemic so new cases will not overwhelm the public health system

So they know the risk is there, but hey lets ignore it and open up anyway.

Like Phuket but on a national scale.

I guess Bangkok could try to pass off the water canons as some sort of belated Songkran festival... 

wonder how many would come?

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So they know the risk is there, but hey lets ignore it and open up anyway.

Like Phuket but on a national scale.

I guess Bangkok could try to pass off the water canons as some sort of belated Songkran festival... 

wonder how many would come?

Life is full of risks.most calculated.

Learn to live with Covid or hunker down at home.

Thousands will come - they understand the risks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Life is full of risks.most calculated.

Learn to live with Covid or hunker down at home.

Thousands will come - they understand the risks.

They will come... where have I heard that before?

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s National Communicable Disease Committee (NCDC) will ask the Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) to consider reopening the country before the end of the year

Between this announcement and the one a day or two ago about them telling the CCSA to relax restrictions, this NCDC is starting to sound like it's taken over the roles of TAT, the Tourism Ministry, the Health Ministry and the Finance Ministry, and is now single-handedly running the Covid clusterfu show. Maybe it should change its moniker from NCDC to NCDE, the National Committee for Doing Everything, lol.

• Like 1

Live near Nong khai, and some people are dreading the re-opening of the friendship bridge. 

Once it opens the massive flood of Laos citizens will be very scary. They will flood Macro, Tesco, Mega Home, and many if the seafood shops.

Good for the local economy but scary for the regular person. If you have ever seen them shop at Macro you will know "social distancing" is NOT their thing.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rct99q said:

Live near Nong khai, and some people are dreading the re-opening of the friendship bridge. 

Once it opens the massive flood of Laos citizens will be very scary. They will flood Macro, Tesco, Mega Home, and many if the seafood shops.

Good for the local economy but scary for the regular person. If you have ever seen them shop at Macro you will know "social distancing" is NOT their thing.

I guess they should get vaccinated or stay home. The country has to open up some time.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cake Monster said:

I guess they are hoping that the CCP can get a handle on the Delta outbreaks in the Country, and release their Touroids into Thailand for the high season.

The CCP won't be allowing their citizens into Thailand until Thailand has all but eliminated Covid.

Certainly not without harsh quarantine for said tourists when they return to China. Why would they take such a risk? They have nothing to gain by allowing it and everything to lose. It's pretty safe to say that mass Chinese tourism to Thailand is done for the best part of a decade.

Every cloud has a silver lining.