Transport Company to resume interprovincial bus operations

snoop1130

03e3c7d658ec2f381ce87bc025b42659_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Transport Co.Ltd is to reopen its transport services to northern, northeastern and southern destinations on September 1, taking stringent measures to avoid a new cluster of virus infections.

President of The Transport Co.Ltd, Sanyalux Panwattanalikit confirmed today that under the CCSA’s easing of restrictions, people in dark-red and red provinces can travel to other provinces in vehicles not exceeding 75% of passenger capacity.

The Transport Co.Ltd has already prepared its vehicles, and advised its officers, and bus stations to be ready for the resumption of services on September 1.

The president added today that the transport company hopes that passengers will observe public health measures such as social distancing, and avoiding physical contact, while wearing face masks at all times, and washing hands frequently.

Passengers can now book tickets on The Transport Co.Ltd website, or at 7-Eleven, CounterService, and other ticket providers.

For more information please dial 1490.

nnt.jpg

3 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

Transportation also for foreigners or not? Last time foreigners were excluded from transport.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2020/06/11/bus-operator-confirms-ban-on-foreign-travelers-in-pandemic/

Complete and utter nonsense. I travelled frequently on those buses servicing the northeast and was never refused a seat. 

I do have to admit though, that the seat beside me was always free, while the rest of the bus was pretty full. Didn't bother me as I had extra leg room. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, seajae said:

here comes the next wave of covid thanks to the govt once again putting money ahead of the people and letting the infected red zone people travel to the good zones so it can spread all over Thailand once again like the last time

Like Phuket but on a national scale.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djayz said:

I do have to admit though, that the seat beside me was always free, 

Common in Thailand, where the locals are terrified that you might start to talk with them in English if they sit next to you and they'll lose face by not understanding the universal language..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Common in Thailand, where the locals are terrified that you might start to talk with them in English if they sit next to you and they'll lose face by not understanding the universal language..

Also a load of nonsense. Passengers generally have no idea who is going to sit next to them when they buy a ticket. 

If people don't talk to you, it's either they have nothing to say or they don't like the look of you.

Personally, I'm happy when they don't talk to me as I really can't listen to "You like spicy food mai" or "Thai food aroi". 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'd be worried about aerosols building up.

Just open all the windows ????...they still have those black fume belching 60 year+ old buses with slide down windows in Bangkok.

I think the LPG ones are still stuck in the customs compound.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

English the universal language? That may come as a shock to the 80% of people on the planet that don't understand English.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Impossible

But no choice.

I think by October with the opening up and pretending there's not a raging pandemic going on things will go into a natural  lockdown.

Most people will be sick and hospitals once again overflowing.

Yup, I suspect this will be case also. 

I fail to see the logic in locking down when there's 500 cases per day and opening up again when there are 15,000!

Don't get me wrong I am gagging to get down to the bar and have a beer but where is the logic?

31 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Read, learn and understand.

And you should pay attention the discussion specifically the use of the term "universal language" above.

Universal language may refer to a hypothetical or historical language spoken and understood by all or most of the world's population. In some contexts, it refers to a means of communication said to be understood by all humans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_language

4 hours ago, djayz said:
6 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Also a load of nonsense. Passengers generally have no idea who is going to sit next to them when they buy a ticket. 

If people don't talk to you, it's either they have nothing to say or they don't like the look of you.

Personally, I'm happy when they don't talk to me as I really can't listen to "You like spicy food mai" or "Thai food aroi". 

Just repeating what my wife told me when I asked her about it. She might know a little more about the culture than you. Possibly. And she and I know that not every bus requires you to sit in an assigned seat. Try asking for an assigned seat on the number 11 bus in Bangkok.
As to your final paragraph, me too. Or they want to practice their six words of Engrish with you ????. Of course, if it was a she and she was a looker, well, I'd make an exception ????

Just repeating what my wife told me when I asked her about it. She might know a little more about the culture than you. Possibly. And she and I know that not every bus requires you to sit in an assigned seat. Try asking for an assigned seat on the number 11 bus in Bangkok.
As to your final paragraph, me too. Or they want to practice their six words of Engrish with you ????. Of course, if it was a she and she was a looker, well, I'd make an exception ????

OK, point taken. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Read, learn and understand. ????

In sociolinguistics, a world language (sometimes global language, rarely international language) is a language that is geographically widespread and makes it possible for members of different language communities to communicate. The term may also be used to refer to constructed international auxiliary languages such as Esperanto.

English is the foremost—and by some accounts only—world language. Beyond that, there is no academic consensus about which languages qualify; Arabic, French, Russian, and Spanish are other possible world languages. Some authors consider Latin to have formerly been a world language.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_language

Indeed.  A lingua franca.

What language would you say is used when, for example, a German and and Italian need to work together? Or a Spaniard and a Swiss? Or a Swede and a Russian? Or my Thai wife with me? Or her sister married to a Dutchman? Hmm? Chinese perhaps?

This discussion is about random encounters on a bus not about people who need to work together or are married and require a common language. If you're living in Thailand with your wife you should be learning the local language anyways.

Your statement that a Thai bus passenger won't sit next to a farang because "they'll lose face by not understanding the universal language.." is both both naive and a cheap shot at Thais that may have no need or interest in knowing English, they get by just fine speaking Thai.

Source?

One site claims 13% of world population speaks English the other 20%, take your pick:
https://www.reference.com/world-view/percentage-world-speaks-english-859e211be5634567

https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/how-many-people-speak-english-and-where-is-it-spoken

4 minutes ago, KeeTua said:

Your statement that a Thai bus passenger won't sit next to a farang because "they'll lose face by not understanding the universal language.." is both both naive and a cheap shot at Thais that may have no need or interest in knowing English, they get by just fine speaking Thai.

That is what my wife told me when I queried it with her. She's Thai, so I doubt that she - not I - is taking a cheap shot at Thais. I believe she understands Thais and Thai culture and the Thai way of thinking. But thank you for calling her naïve. I'll pass it on, although I doubt that she'll agree with your opinion. University educated, qualified English teacher and all.

And I repeat - English is the international language used by many from different nations to communicate with each other. On a bus or anywhere else. From your link: English is the most-spoken language in the world, and it can be found spread far and wide. While there’s no official lingua franca for the planet, English is often used to communicate across nations. Communicate across nations = international language.

What language would you use, if not English?

• Like 1