Thailand reports declining COVID-19 cases for the 4th consecutive day

webfact

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

How? I mean where are the centres?  Is it Bang Sue Station?  Do I just turn up early in the morning?

When I attended Bang Sue, I had made an appointment. I have lost tract of booking procedures currently in Bangkok. There are posts from folk making bookings at various places currently. Hopefully someone can give you update. 

No options closer to Surat Thani? 

Lets hope these numbers are true and not just a ploy to make the government look good and tame public opinion just before the censure debate.
Dropping numbers could also get them back on the UK's amber list but as the British Embassy said they also need to share data for that.

Edited by DirtyHarry55

5 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

When I attended Bang Sue, I had made an appointment. I have lost tract of booking procedures currently in Bangkok. There are posts from folk making bookings at various places currently. Hopefully someone can give you update. 

No options closer to Surat Thani? 

I don't think so.  Samuii Island possibly or deep south maybe, but I'd rather be sure as this still involves an overnighter.

If anyone has certain knowledge please could they let me know.

I know how it happened:

They all installed recently solar panels.

Sun is shining, panels generating energy and meter running backwards.

They do the same now with covid numbers.

Soon, we are at ZERO and start to count backwards, absorbing the positive cases from the previous months.

In 2 months we are at minus 1,000,000 cases.

Problem solved. Amazing LOS

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, mommysboy said:

I don't think so.  Samuii Island possibly or deep south maybe, but I'd rather be sure as this still involves an overnighter.

If anyone has certain knowledge please could they let me know.

There is a forum called "Covid-19".

Start a thread there specifically asking re vaccination in Surat Thani..

I'm sure some folk can advise you there.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

I'm here at MedPark bangkok waiting fir an AZ shot. I'm 51. 

I registered on Saturday. My wife then chased up on Facebook and they sent her the booking.

https://medparkhospital.com/page/covid19-vaccine-expatriates/?utm_medium=&utm_source=intervac

Hope it helps

I have mine next week, iam 43.   How long is the wait in the hospital?

5 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Couple of tweets from the censure debate:

"Prayut's government is running this country without legitimate knowledge or ethical or moral standards. They are profiting from deaths and causing suffering to the people. Mr Prayut, do you feel no shame?" said Sompong Amornvivat, opposition leader.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432553929875722241

"You said you don't want to see people suffering & dying on the street but you were working from home. I believe that you do not want to see any of this in person because you are afraid of the truth. You're a brainless & heartless leader & you have to admit that you are a coward"

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432554253105598465

Ouch. But then Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me..Nanner Nanner nanner...pft.

Throwing g a lack of helping the people in would be good as well. Vaccine debacle etc...

6 minutes ago, pantsonfire said:

I have mine next week, iam 43.   How long is the wait in the hospital?

Been here an hour, about 150 ahead of me. So bring a book.

Nobody asked for money yet, not sure if it's free.

Car Park is a total mess. Wish I hadn't driven if that helps.

Edited by pedro01
  • Like 1

Went into a major mall this morning for some grocery shopping. All the clothing stores had stuff already working, sprucing up the shops, dressing manikins, washing windows....all getting ready for the return of customers tomorrow. It was nice, under the circumstances, to view things that  suggest hope.

I have no inside information as to whether the Covid #s are accurate or just goal-seeking. I have an opinion, but that is of no value to anyone but me.

What I hope gets researched is the behavior---if that is the correct term---of the Delta variant. Looking at the graph from India, and assuming it is accurate, it may well be that the Delta strain either kills you or you kill it. Either way is a negative for the virus, as it loses its host by killing it or being killed by it. Ideally this is the case, and as soon as enough folks get vaxxed with an effective jab against the worst effects of  Delta, we might be done with it.

Now if only no new variants emerge.....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia saw an uptick in new Covid-19 cases and deaths, mainly due to a sharp increase in cases in the Philippines and Vietnam, collated data showed

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40005500

Sharp spike in new Covid cases in Philippines, Vietnam

Vietnam is going to overtake Thailand in number of daily new cases.... 

Indonesia is having pretty good numbers.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

Spare a thought for us over 60's who can't get near a vaccine.  The last thing we want is to see another spike in cases which is what will surely happen as soon as restrictions are eased.

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I certainly do.  I'm 61 and won't get my 2nd AZ jab until October.  Is there a reason why you can't get near a vaccine?

I was irritated to see another one of those tone deaf Instagram posts from a young fit healthy man, (not an essential worker, unless an IG influencer counts), getting his second jab at IconSIAM yesterday. The lack of sensitivity is breathtaking. (Sure, jump queues, use daddy's influence, but don't crow about it to your 50k followers.) And yes, he is not alone, but I think most have realised that this type of bragging is just not cool.

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Went into a major mall this morning for some grocery shopping. All the clothing stores had stuff already working, sprucing up the shops, dressing manikins, washing windows....all getting ready for the return of customers tomorrow. It was nice, under the circumstances, to view things that  suggest hope.

I have no inside information as to whether the Covid #s are accurate or just goal-seeking. I have an opinion, but that is of no value to anyone but me.

What I hope gets researched is the behavior---if that is the correct term---of the Delta variant. Looking at the graph from India, and assuming it is accurate, it may well be that the Delta strain either kills you or you kill it. Either way is a negative for the virus, as it loses its host by killing it or being killed by it. Ideally this is the case, and as soon as enough folks get vaxxed with an effective jab against the worst effects of  Delta, we might be done with it.

Hope your correct . Sounds logical to view what has developed in India .

Thailand making vaccine deals with partner countries to combat Covid-19, says Foreign Ministry

The Foreign Ministry has been using diplomatic channels to procure Covid-19 vaccines and other aid from partner countries, ministry spokesperson Thani Saengrat said on Monday.

“The ministry has been strengthening ties with the US, China, Japan, India, the European Union, the United Kingdom and Russia, who in turn have been providing Covid-19 vaccines and other necessities to help us combat the pandemic,” he said.

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40005508

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Phuket keeps on climbing up.  No wonder the Governor extended the restrictions until tthe 14th of September.  Lets hope that they start to see a decline like many other places in the country.  I do hope the wave is on the downtrend, but with ATK testing we may never truly know.  There will be folks that say the numbers are going down because of vaccinations, but there is no way in hell that could happen so fast as many have not been double vaccinated and then only 10% of the country has been vaccinated, especially over 2 million in the past week.  It takes the body time to build the antibodies.  One thing it could be is that the infection of the Delta variant has rolled on through the country infecting many many folks that have never been tested, and maybe they had already had the virus last year, the original one, and only came down this time with minor symptoms and did not go and get tested or they did test but using the ATK tests.  We will never truly know.  I unfortunately see an ulterior motive for less testing and lower case numbers.  Waiting to see another few key locations in the country to see how they are faring.  Stay safe folks, protect your own, and don't buy into the conspiracy drivel on homeopathic remedies and medications used for animals.

Phuket's numbers may go down sooner than we think, the governor said they had finished their budget for ATK tests and had asked central government for more money, lets see. I note ATK was only 10 positive cases yesterday, a clear sign not much testing had been done with them. 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

oh no...

New COVID-19 Variant C.1.2 Sparking International Concern

As the world struggles to get the COVID-19 pandemic under control, the virus continues to mutate, particularly in unvaccinated populations. A new variant, C.1.2., which was first detected in South Africa in May, is causing public health experts worldwide to keep an eye out for its presence as it seems to be more infectious and even more resistant to vaccines than other variants.

So far, C.1.2. has been identified in South Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Mauritius, China, New Zealand, England, Switzerland and Portugal

https://www.biospace.com/article/although-delta-is-at-the-top-of-the-list-c-1-2-is-a-new-covid-19-variant-of-concern/

South-East Asia’s battle with COVID-19 intensifies

South-East Asia is now one of the world’s hardest hit regions as the pandemic continues, fueled by the Delta variant. This is in stark contrast to 2020 when countries across the region were hailed for its Covid response.

Hospitals continue to be overwhelmed and death tolls continue to climb amid a largely politically charged environment, particularly in Myanmar, Thailand, Malaysia, and Indonesia.

Although governments and health authorities are trying to secure more vaccines, particularly the more effective mRNA ones, it has been an uphill battle to keep up with a variant as infectious as Delta. 

https://www.thaienquirer.com/31979/south-east-asias-battle-with-covid-19-intensifies/

Edited by anchadian

Fair that we don’t believe in the daily reported numbers. To me the trend line, death and vaccination are the numbers that I pay much attention besides SET and exchange rate. If they moving in the right direction, I tend to think that the situation is making progress. We all need a break. 

43 minutes ago, samtam said:

I was irritated to see another one of those tone deaf Instagram posts from a young fit healthy man, (not an essential worker, unless an IG influencer counts), getting his second jab at IconSIAM yesterday. The lack of sensitivity is breathtaking. (Sure, jump queues, use daddy's influence, but don't crow about it to your 50k followers.) And yes, he is not alone, but I think most have realised that this type of bragging is just not cool.

Don't blame the players, blame the game.   There was talk recently of people only being allowed into certain venues if they were vaccinated, so it is hardly surprising that younger folks who want their lives back will do what they can to get vaccinated regardless of need.   Would be different if the youngsters already had their freedoms due to being low risk, but the majority of older folks also want them to be locked down.   So we are where we are.  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Marvin Hagler said:

You have to admire their audacity!

I am fascinated now by 2 things:

1. How low will they go with case numbers? Are they taking this all the way to zero or will they keep a few hundred daily cases to at least try and scrape some semblance of integrity.

2. Personally I think they are faking the numbers and appreciate that others may disagree. I think we can all agree though that not a single country in the world (that has a proper testing program) has not seen a rise in cases after reopening. I am interested to see if Thailand fakes another miracle and cases don’t go up again after reopening.

Oh it’s been bs from the start. All but the wet behind the ears, off the boat newbies and dotty in-denial gone-tropo expats know that. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, samtam said:

Shameless, facilitated by a chaotic government priority roll out that continues today

• Like 1

Zuellig Pharma said in a statement on Monday that only 1.96 million #Moderna doses will arrive between October and December 2021. The remaining 3.11 million will arrive within the first quarter of 2022. #โมเดอร์นา #Thailand #Covid19 #วัคซีนโควิด #วัคซีนโควิด19

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1432575609373278211

National Vaccination Rollout:

DAY 79: 585,214

DAY 80: 637,921

DAY 81: 669,189

DAY 82: 915,738 <— New High

DAY 83: 258,782 <— Saturday

DAY 84: 275,188 <— Sunday

DAY 85: 817,342

TOTAL: 31,771,819 doses since 28 February

11.96% fully vaccinated

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1432577061244211204