No special favors for Porsche driving doctor who killed two people in Bangkok crash

webfact

1 minute ago, samtam said:

You are correct; a lieutenant colonel and his/her name, which is unusual, (the naming of names). It would be interesting to know how these ranks are attained. Does one train as a doctor, then as a police officer? Or are they honorary titles? I have always heard good things about the Police Hospital in its abilities and facilities, which is not surprising, given their "customer base's" exposure to harm and injury.

I'm not sure, I do know they are enlisted police officers,  uniform etc but not sure if they also go through police training or just medical training and apply to the police hospital, being a dr there may automatically make one a police officer with a rank. 

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean that posters with whom you don't agree shouldn't be allowed to comment rationally?   Lord help us from posters with arrogant opinions such as that.

Now you are asking help from the Lord . Hope you succeed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, VYCM said:

It was a Porche Cayenne, not a 911

Poor mans Porche

2021 Porsche Cayenne 3.0 E-Hybrid SUV 21New
COMPARE SAVE
Featured
rusted dealer which have passed the verification by specified criteria.

COMPARE SAVE

2021 Porsche Cayenne 3.0 E-Hybrid SUV - AT

Porsche cayenne suv 4e-hybrid * quatzite grey * black/ red * panoramic glass roof * roof ...
7,590,000 Baht

Not really a "poor man's" Porsche
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, kwonitoy said:
2021 Porsche Cayenne 3.0 E-Hybrid SUV 21New
COMPARE SAVE
Featured
rusted dealer which have passed the verification by specified criteria.

COMPARE SAVE

2021 Porsche Cayenne 3.0 E-Hybrid SUV - AT

Porsche cayenne suv 4e-hybrid * quatzite grey * black/ red * panoramic glass roof * roof ...
7,590,000 Baht

Not really a "poor man's" Porsche

A Porche priced at 7.5M baht is a poor mans Porche when 911's are selling 24M baht.

Why bother making a comment

You trying to antagonize?

https://www.one2car.com/en/for-sale/porsche-911-turbo-s-bangkok-metropolitan-rama-iii-sathon-rama-iv/8011452

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, itsari said:
36 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You mean that posters with whom you don't agree shouldn't be allowed to comment rationally?   Lord help us from posters with arrogant opinions such as that.

Now you are asking help from the Lord . Hope you succeed

No, I certainly am not!   You need to read my response to his comment in the context of what he said to me.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Finance perhaps, as most people do?   

He's a doctor, not a "police doctor" a phrase you seem to be using to suggest that he's not paid that much.

Lieutenant Phanurak - the doctor concerned.

"Lieutenant Phanurak - the doctor concerned".

15 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Wait, the police have their own hospitals?  I can understand military hospitals, but the police?  Bet they can afford the best Dr's money can buy.  No wonder the Dr can afford one!

It isn't just for the police. 

It's not the glamour and glitz of the international hospitals but it is a good place.

It is cheap. Like a dressing change in Soi Convent will cost you 1200 Baht. This place would be 80 baht.

Cheap and cheerful. Not what you are dreaming up.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:
48 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, I do know how much Thai doctors can earn.  I also know that repayments on a finance agreement, probably aided with a trade-in ( not many people go straight for a Cayenne as their first vehicle) can be easily managed on a doctor's salaries.

Please enlighten me with some figures - always keen to learn.

More than enough to manage the monthly repayments on a finance agreement.

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I think "A Police Hospital doctor" means he's a doctor who works at the Police Hospital, not that's he works for the police. As with all hospitals, doctors work at several, so I don't think I would read too much into the misleading opening of the article.

you may be correct, but pretty sure I have seen some doctors use their police rank in their hospital profiles. e.g. Dr. Police Lt. Col. xxxxxxx

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

How can a police doctor afford a new imported Porche?

Is he a friend of Jo?

He's a doctor, and doctors might have a different income and status...????

I've been told by both Thais, and my luk khrueng daughter, that there are two options for career in Thailand, and they are either the military - which is mainly for boys, often beginning at the right military school in M1 - or become a doctor, which is the the only option for girls. Probably origination from old time, when trade was something the Chinese did; they later settled and became Thai citizens...????

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DrPhibes said:

Wait, the police have their own hospitals?  I can understand military hospitals, but the police?  Bet they can afford the best Dr's money can buy.  No wonder the Dr can afford one!

The Police General Hospital is a public hospital that anyone can use, it's not exclusive to members of the police force.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

How can a police doctor afford a new imported Porche?

Is he a friend of Jo?

Doctors make between 60000 and 150000 Baht a month and with some extra work at a private clinic or hospital they can make between 2 to 3 million Baht a year. More than enough to lease a car or pay it off over the course of a number of years or just get a credit from the bank to buy it in cash.

Edited by pacovl46
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very convenient that his alcohol level was slightly under the limit. I wonder how many hours they gave him to sober up before testing.

Probably compensation of around 100,000 per victim, a few Wais (maybe even a monkhood) and all is forgiven. Worst case scenario for the police "doctor" would be a suspended sentence.

• Sad 2