Have you changed your mind on the COVID Vaccines?

Chomper Higgot

1 hour ago, GreasyFingers said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Anything proven (beyond doubt) becomes fact.

I thought that was what I said.

You also used the words conspiracy which falls more towards the ‘nutty end of the ’utterly ridiculous, to fact' spectrum’ where a well founded scientific theory falls towards the ‘factual’ or ‘probable’ end of the spectrum.

Conspiracies are *'usually’ what exist after fact has been established. 

The funniest conspiracy theory its hat the ‘government wanted to control us all and take the vaccine and kill us off slowly'...  great, all the ‘anti-government’ anarchists are remaining !!... smart planning !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You are correct, you don’t need to be a Doctor to share information.

You do however need to provide links to the source of the information you say you are sharing.

I will add more as I find them. These are links from Doctor Campbells video. The video itself I shared in my highly controversial, though thought provoking and titillating thread: 'Pandemic of the Unvaccinated'!!!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/aug/10/delta-variant-renders-herd-immunity-from-covid-mythical

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/delta-coronavirus-government-liberal-democrat-b950068.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/10/delta-variant-has-wrecked-hopes-herd-immunity-warn-scientists/

Edited by 248900_1469958220
  • Sad 1

An interesting article about 'boosters' 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/31/biden-booster-plan-fda-508149

From the article: 

'While the agency has released five studies in recent weeks — some showing fading immunity among health care workers and more breakthroughs than previously recorded — other Biden officials say they are waiting anxiously for a collection of state data that many expect will provide more definitive evidence that breakthrough infections are much higher than previously thought'

Edited by 248900_1469958220
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

Nobody not totally insane would change his mind.

I am living almost 2 years with covid around but didn't get it, so there is no reason that I get it later, especially when all the "real men" are vaccinated, so I am still sure that I will never vaccinate.

I don't know where you live & frankly I don't really care, but so far you have managed to not contract this disease in either mild or serious form, and you state that you are sure you will never vaccinate. I too, along with many others here have been living unvaccinated for the same amount of time as you, due mainly to the incompetence of this government, but if you have read this far you will see that many of us are jumping at the chance to get jabbed. Me & the Mrs recently had our first doses of AZ, we're counting the days for the 2nd one, and have registered for a Moderna booster at some point in the future.

I sure hope you don't have any aspirations on global travel, that one will be out the window, as will plenty of things that we take for normal these days, I sure hope you don't become one of those idiots that spend their last days fighting for breath & wishing you could roll the clock back. Enjoy your world in your unclean bubble.

• Like 2

No I haven't changed my mind since the beginning.  I got the AZ shot from phyathai 2 hospital and will get the next.

Have a few friends in the US who are not vaccinated and have tried to get them to get vaccinated to no avail. 

The saddest part of not getting vaccinated to me is the story of my 80 year old stepmother who I am very close to still.  My 80 year old step mother will never go to another family dinner or see her own brothers as they will not get vaccinated.  She was already not so close to her brothers as they are hard core right wing republicans and she is not.  But their wives and kids were always a joy for her and now she can only talk with them and not see them or have dinner with them.

All those I know in the US that are unvaccinated are either radical right wingers (Trump fans 100%) or very religious 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DavidSSaville said:

My apologies for leaving out that I also have a salt pipe with food grade iodine and bulk ascorbic acid.

Actually just the ivermectin, zinc and salt pipe with iodine and the ascorbic acid is all I need to take care of anything to support my immune system to kill and get rid of anything from my body.

The old style true vaccines are what I would prefer!

Where did you get information that suggested to you these ‘methods’ will be all you need?

Do you have links?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DavidSSaville said:

I am not an anti vaxxer but do not prefer any of the new style vax.

Actually the one everyone seems to hate, especially here in Thailand is actually an existing vaccine modified for Covid. And that is Sinovac. I think all the rest are new style as you say.

• Like 1

I was always a bit skepitcal about the vaccinations however recently I got my first Pfizer jab and on my daily commute to and from work there was always the same stretch of motorway where my mobile data would go flaky and the youtube vid I had playing would buffer....

That does not happen anymore !!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

I am living almost 2 years with covid around but didn't get it, so there is no reason that I get it later, especially when all the "real men" are vaccinated, so I am still sure that I will never vaccinate.

And thus the reason we're not out of this mess yet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Actually the one everyone seems to hate, especially here in Thailand is actually an existing vaccine modified for Covid. And that is Sinovac. I think all the rest are new style as you say.

mRNA vaccines have been around for decades.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, l4ml4m said:

You will get covid, that is for certain. It will become endemic. Not saying you will get serious symptoms and end up in hospital, but you may experience symptoms like you have not experienced before. The point of the vaccine is to reduce the likelihood of severe symptoms. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1

No mind change. I was just wanting Pfizer or Moderna. The USA donation to the Kingdom of Thailand (plus other countries) made the Pfizer vaccine available here … and for free so I received my first shot yesterday and the second is scheduled for September 22.

10 minutes ago, shackleton said:

It's a Personal choice and I chose to have the Vaccine Pfizer 

Thinking was better to have than not plus better for the family friends ect knowing hopefully they won't catch anything off me after the vaccination 

Safety first

You can still get infected after you get vaccinated, and you can still pass it on to others. It's you that's safer, not them (unless they too are vaccinated).

Edited by Saltire

I am one of those who DOES change his mind when the evidence for or against a previous belief is irrefutable.  My belief system isn't about what I believe, but how I come to believe something or not, or even remain undecided.

Most people say they have an open mind about many important matters, but in reality they remain stubbornly with an original belief in spite of real scientific evidence that they are being foolish, such as Anti-Vaxxers, FlatEarthers, Creationists and Conspiracy Theorists of all kinds.

I never had a belief about a certain vaccine as I have not been convinced enough to make a quality decision suggesting one really is better or worse than another. I have had two jabs so far; Sinovac and Astra Zeneca that were offered to me in good faith and I accepted them in the same spirit.

If you are "Anti" Please get yourself vaccinated; do yourself a favour and for the benefit of your fellow man.

So far in the world there  have been been nearly 6 billion vaccinations for Covid - doesn't that demonstrate something to you?

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Jeffr2 said:

And thus the reason we're not out of this mess yet.

You say that as if this whole thing would already be over and done with, if not for a few anti-vaxxers. 

Most countries in the world don’t yet have enough vaccines to make a dent, and even the most vaccinated countries haven’t started vaccinating children yet, but I don’t hear anyone blaming the kids for dragging this on longer than necessary. 

England claims that something like 95% of the population has antibodies already, either due to previous infection or vaccination, but cases are still rising there. Here in Canada, we are claiming to have over 70% fully vaxxed, and something like 85% with one shot, but cases here are also rising again, and mask mandates just came back into effect in some provinces. It will be interesting to see how things look when the cold weather rolls around again. 

More and more experts are beginning to accept that this virus will probably never be eradicated, at least not with the current vaccines. Luckily, for those who have been jabbed, the vaccines seem to do a good job of suppressing serious symptoms, so why not just be happy with the fact that you will most likely be okay when you inevitably come into contact with covid?

Edited by Ryan754326
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

I am sharing information from the 'authorities' in the UK. I dont need to be a doctor to do that. Are you a doctor? YOu are also taking information from people more informed in these matters than yourself. Do you need to be a doctor to interpret it? Seems you already have interpreted the information you have found. I am telling you the UK's strategy will likely change dramatically. If you watch the video with quotes from the 'authorities' you will see that the vaccines efficacy is being heavily questioned, the need for mass testing of well people being heavily questioned AND the need for vaccinating children heavily questioned. No, I am not a doctor but I am listening to how this narrative is changing. Many dont like the changes which I see as inevitable. 

Therapeutics, which have been shunned will now be more important than ever. I hope now, after all this time they start really looking into it.  

Who are the " authorities " ?

Sounds like more leftist rhetoric to me.

I've heard or read no one on the right trying to stop others from being vaccinated.

On the other hand, virtually every leftist I hear from, supports compelling people be vaccinated that do not want to be vaccinated.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, superal said:

Who are the " authorities " ?

Tabloids media that makes a sensation on every wording the scientist frama as a possibility or from at the point of view can share at the excact moment. 

Vaccines work, end of discussion!

Yes you can get infected with the virus, yes you can transfer virus to others, and yes you can still be sick, but most likely not as sick as you would have been without! Thats the proved science so far. And unfortunate, some people experience severe bi effects of the vaccines. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hummin said:

I belive the statistic now is 30 people of 5 milllion had severe side effect of the vaccine, and more than 5, 35 billion jabs have been given world wide.

If you do some research on this page it appears that you may be mistaken:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions/coronavirus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting#annex-1-vaccine-analysis-print

• Sad 1

I wonder how all the leftists here be talking if the Thai government developed their own vaccine and was compelling everyone to be vaccinated....

Also, where are all the great vaccines from countries with socialized medicine? 

Why does everyone seem to only want Trump's vaccines? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So if you can still get the virus and transfer it to others, why do people care that others get vaccinated? 

The CDC says otherwise:

“A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others. However, the risk for SARS-CoV-2 breakthrough infection in fully vaccinated people cannot be completely eliminated as long as there is continued community transmission of the virus.”

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/science/science-briefs/fully-vaccinated-people.html

• Like 1