1.96m Moderna Vaccine Doses Expected from Q4

snoop1130

147855-e1630388667469-1.png

BANGKOK, Aug 31 (TNA) – Zuellig Pharma, the local dealer of the COVID-19 vaccine by Moderna, has confirmed that delivery will start in the fourth quarter of this year for Thailand’s acquisition of 1,958,400 doses of the Moderna vaccine, according to the Government Pharmaceutical Organization.

GPO said that Zuellig Pharma wrote to it on Aug 30 that the 1,958,400 doses would gradually arrive in the fourth quarter of this year and 3,110,400 more doses of the Moderna vaccine would follow in the first quarter of next year.

Zueillig Pharma had closely followed up the vaccine supply with Moderna and was seriously pushing for the delivery to start in October.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-770379

Logo-top-.png

24 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Sue them for fake news... for months they have told the people that in from October 5 million doses Moderna would come and people had to pay for it. Than the Red Cross needed suddenly 1,1 million doses, which were cut from the 5 million. Now the news is only 1,98 million doses will gradually coemt o Thailand and the 3,1 in the first quarter of 2022.. That is very stinky..misleading information

Youse wuz robbed

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Is this with metal fragments or without?

Microchipping will cost extra but at least if you are stolen your wife or girlfriend will be able to track your whereabout and have the police retrieve you.

• Haha 2

What is also worrying about this , for those who have registered for it , is that even if you are lucky enough to get what you registered for , there is a distinct possibility that your second shot will not be available at the recommended time.

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Denim said:

What is also worrying about this , for those who have registered for it , is that even if you are lucky enough to get what you registered for , there is a distinct possibility that your second shot will not be available at the recommended time.

I registered on 1 June, even paid a couple of weeks later for both shots... but... after seeing how the things were going, took AZ. Lost faith that I'd ever get this Moderna. May still use it as a booster shot but wasn't willing to wait a year.

Mind you, I had nearly 900k queue from a single hospital (THG) and there were many more registered after me. So just THG needs more jabs than are being procured. This really is a drop in the ocean, especially because of how vaccines are to be distributed - 10,000 doses to each of 270 or so member hospitals, the rest evenly split among those that need more.

Meaning hospitals with million+ bookings will get just 1% or so of what they need. There are going to be some major disappointments seen.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Chris.B said:

How will this be made available? 

The first batch for the 4th quarter has already been sold out, probably oversold.  Hospitals were taking deposits for the first batch around a month ago.

There have already been registrations going on for the second batch for next year.

Latest Moderna news:

Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine created more antibodies than Pfizer/BioNTech’s in study of vaccinated Belgian health-care workers (msn.com)

Edited by rwill

1 hour ago, rabas said:

And now, for the  brave coalition of Moderna fans, a just released paper shows that all mRNA vaccines are in fact not alike::

"with Moderna inducing antibody levels that were more than double that seen among people who received the Pfizer/BioNTech shot." 

Double times nothing equals no vaccination.

When Moderna was first offered by some private hospitals in June payable in advance, covid-19 and delta variant infection/deaths was "nominal." Delivery date was projected as late October for 1st jab, 28 days later for 2nd jab. But quickly numerous covid-19 and Delta variant hot spots appeared and seemed unmitigatable by August. 

If you fall into the many covid-19 vulnerable groups, placing your life and health on timely Moderna delivery by the current government versus immediate available effective vaccines such as AZ and Pfizer (even with just the 1st jab) would not only be a foolish gamble but life-threatening. 

It's not 'brave' to wait for Moderna.

The government should prioritize Moderna as a booster following 2 previous different vaccination brands, ie., 6-8 months and continuing what appears to effectively rolling out the interim vaccines to further national strengthen herd immunity. I believe the government has begun using now Moderna as booster for medical workers - so not far fetched. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Unfortunately.  

1 hour ago, Srikcir said:

Double times nothing equals no vaccination.

When Moderna was first offered by some private hospitals in June payable in advance, covid-19 and delta variant infection/deaths was "nominal." Delivery date was projected as late October for 1st jab, 28 days later for 2nd jab. But quickly numerous covid-19 and Delta variant hot spots appeared and seemed unmitigatable by August. 

If you fall into the many covid-19 vulnerable groups, placing your life and health on timely Moderna delivery by the current government versus immediate available effective vaccines such as AZ and Pfizer (even with just the 1st jab) would not only be a foolish gamble but life-threatening. 

It's not 'brave' to wait for Moderna.

The government should prioritize Moderna as a booster following 2 previous different vaccination brands, ie., 6-8 months and continuing what appears to effectively rolling out the interim vaccines to further national strengthen herd immunity. I believe the government has begun using now Moderna as booster for medical workers - so not far fetched. 

Impeccable math but you used the wrong formula.

I've already had AZ, and many friends and family who also await Moderna are also vaxxed. I don't know anyone who has snubbed vaccines.

My post was mostly encouragement for those facing a sea of negativity. Vichaiyut Hospital has started delivering coded coupons and instructions for reservations, mixing vaccines, and boosters. They said in writing the website should open early October. We have our coupons. Vichaiyut said they will receive 30,000 doses.

As for variants, check out C.1.2, with "an unusually high mutation rate and more mutations than other variants of concern (VOCs) or variants of interest (VOIs)"   here   So until the pandemic ends, I would stay focused on vaccine coverage. In Thailand that means persistence and not focusing on the negative.