Phuket Welcomes Thai Tourists on Sept 8

webfact

1630458789056-0x800-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 1 (TNA) – Phuket will welcome Thai tourists from Sept 8 onwards and those who will stay longer than a week must be tested for COVID-19 there.

Phuket governor Narong Woonciew signed an order to add Thai tourists to Phuket’s list of people allowed to pay visits. Local tourists raised the groups of welcomed people to 16 and can arrive in Phuket from Sept 8 onwards.

Thai tourists must show the evidence of their accommodation reservation and payment for the accommodation. The Thai tourists who plan to stay in Phuket for more than seven days must be tested for COVID-19 on day 5 after their arrival and pay for the test.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-770863

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Phuket to open to domestic tourists, with conditions

By The Phuket News

1630470210_1-org.jpg

Domestic tourists will be allowed onto Phuket from next Wednesday (Sept 8), with conditions. Photo: PR Phuket

PHUKET: Domestic tourists will be allowed to enter Phuket on holiday from next Wednesday (Sept 8 ) providing they satisfy certain criteria, including showing proof of hotel or accommodation reservation paid in advance and they must be tested for COVID-19 on Day 5 of their stay if they are staying more than seven days.

The confirmation came through an order revising the conditions for entering Phuket that was issued by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew last night, and posted publicly by the Phuket office of the Public Relations Department (PR Phuket) just before 10pm.

The order is marked to be in effect from today (Sept 1) until Sept 14.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-to-open-to-domestic-tourists-with-conditions-81251.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-09-01

OK good thinking.

In Phuket cases rises 257/day new cases and 20 death.

Foreigners tested on day 1 , who are fully vaccinated and can be locked down in sandbox 2.0.

Get Thai people in, not vaccinated, not tested and maybe WITH covid before going to Phuket.

Spread your virus as Thai and go back after a week. No problem.

Really, absolute good thinking.

Guess the authorities had a lot of chlorpyrifos in their food and their brain isnt function anymore.

Incredible how stupid you can be.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Get Thai people in, not vaccinated, not tested and maybe WITH covid before going to Phuket.

"Thai visitors must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for at least 14 days or recovered from the disease for no longer than 90 days and must pass antigen or RT-PCR tests within 72 hours before their travel."

• Thanks 1

17) People who come to Phuket for tourism and have proof of hotel or accommodation reservation which must be paid in advance. If tourists stay longer than 7 days, they must be tested for COVID-19 on the 5th day of staying in Phuket.

A little bit confused. Foreign tourists need a total of four tests and fully vaccinated for Sandbox. Domestic tourists only only one test, when they stay longer than 7 days? Vaccination ?

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

OK good thinking.

In Phuket cases rises 257/day new cases and 20 death.

Foreigners tested on day 1 , who are fully vaccinated and can be locked down in sandbox 2.0.

Spread your virus as Thai and go back after a week. No problem.

Really, absolute good thinking.

Guess the authorities had a lot of chlorpyrifos in their food and their brain isnt function anymore.

Incredible how stupid you can be.

Strange that you comment "Incredible how stupid you can be." when you missed the vaccinated and pre-testing requirements for domestic tourists. Also, this is not based on nationality but on country of travel, see the many Thai entering via the sandbox.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tayida said:

17) People who come to Phuket for tourism and have proof of hotel or accommodation reservation which must be paid in advance. If tourists stay longer than 7 days, they must be tested for COVID-19 on the 5th day of staying in Phuket.

A little bit confused. Foreign tourists need a total of four tests and fully vaccinated for Sandbox. Domestic tourists only only one test, when they stay longer than 7 days? Vaccination ?

So you missed the vaccination and pretesting requirements?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Domestic tourists will be allowed to enter Phuket on holiday from next Wednesday (Sept 8 ) providing they satisfy certain criteria, including showing proof of hotel or accommodation reservation paid in advance and they must be tested for COVID-19 on Day 5 of their stay if they are staying more than seven days.

So:

1) They don't need to pay 4500 baht up front for 3 PCR tests

2) They don't need to pay to stay in an SHA+ hotel for 14 days

3) They don't need to pay 5000 baht for special Thai covid insurance

Those sound like sensible rules. Why not do the same for their foreign tourists?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Thai tourists to Phuket the 5th most infected Province per capita, highly unlikely.

If Phuket is the 5th most infected province, it's probably because Phuket are doing far more tests than other provinces.

I bet Phuket doesn't have the 5th most covid deaths.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, nkg said:

If Phuket is the 5th most infected province, it's probably because Phuket are doing far more tests than other provinces.

I bet Phuket doesn't have the 5th most covid deaths.

Obviously not the 5th in covid deaths. Regards tests you are just speculating. I was giving official figures.

10 hours ago, Scrotobike said:

Great - so you lock out local tourists in favour of the failed litterbox and now want them back.

Flip flopperty fippping flop

If it is failed why am I getting reports from people actually there that it is starting to get quite busy?  Clearly someone appears to be trying to spread mis-information.  I think you should immediately check your sources which you are most likely pulling out of thin air anyways.

Edited by shdmn
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Obviously not the 5th in covid deaths. Regards tests you are just speculating. I was giving official figures.

Why is it obvious? There should be a direct link between deaths and infections. I don't know the figures for deaths or infections in Phuket, but it's interesting that my guess that deaths would be lower than infections turned out to be correct.

Certainly the foreigners who have 3 PCR tests in 2 weeks are getting more tests than anyone else in Thailand. There have been various news stories about increased numbers of covid tests in Phuket, like this one.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-than-12-000-tested-by-atks-in-phuket-more-than-500-covid-cases-identified-81124.php

Edited by nkg

4 hours ago, nkg said:

Why is it obvious? There should be a direct link between deaths and infections. I don't know the figures for deaths or infections in Phuket, but it's interesting that my guess that deaths would be lower than infections turned out to be correct.

Certainly the foreigners who have 3 PCR tests in 2 weeks are getting more tests than anyone else in Thailand. There have been various news stories about increased numbers of covid tests in Phuket, like this one.

https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-than-12-000-tested-by-atks-in-phuket-more-than-500-covid-cases-identified-81124.php

I think your confusing active cases per capita and accumulated cases over the pandemic period.

Phuket has obviously been an anomaly against all other Provinces in Thailand, it did not go through the same increase in cases as the rest of Thailand in the 3rd wave as it contained it well. Its only since July that cases started to creep up by communal spread (nothing to do with sandbox).

At the beginning of July cases were in the single digits daily then have shown a slow but steady increase to the high of the last couple of days. This goes against all other Provinces which are decreasing, so their total number of cases have been accumulating at a much slower rate. They only went to the 5th highest infected Province per capita on the 31st Aug, you can track back where they were previously here

Added to this Phuket is the highest vaxxed Province in the whole of Thailand. Hence why I said that obviously their covid deaths will be lower. They've only had 20 covid deaths since 1st April which with a case count of 4,535 makes a covid mortality rate of about 0.48%, very low.

As for testing, a media article of one Province does not make a comparison to the other Provinces in Thailand, for that you need to track back each Province testing data here https://ddc.moph.go.th/covid19-dashboard/index.php?dashboard=province

You can also track back positivity rates per health district here https://djay.github.io/covidthailand/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

uk tourists cancelling out of sandbox cause thailand is now red listed there 

domestic tourists allowed in (with special requirements)

at least this will help those NON sha + hotels 

got to keep the baht flowing

11 hours ago, shdmn said:

If it is failed why am I getting reports from people actually there that it is starting to get quite busy?  Clearly someone appears to be trying to spread mis-information.  I think you should immediately check your sources which you are most likely pulling out of thin air anyways.

Oh sorry to offend - my source was Thiger news. I know all in Phuket are desperate for the sandbox to work but the cost in deaths due to the diversion of Vax away from the old and sick to 18 healthy year olds etc is not worth the few Bhat in revenue.

You if the old/sick had been prioritised - the complete opening up of all tourist areas would be very close now. Shame on Phuket.

• Sad 1

On 9/1/2021 at 10:26 AM, Espanol said:

"Thai visitors must have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for at least 14 days or recovered from the disease for no longer than 90 days and must pass antigen or RT-PCR tests within 72 hours before their travel."

Amazing , ive tried to find such a rule, but couldnt find. Looks I had to look better. Where you go it from? Thnx for correcting me.

However, are they  then in sandbox 2.0 sub a? Also have to go to HSA+, but no more tests unless staying longer then a week on Phuket? No additional test when arriving on day 1?

5 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Amazing , ive tried to find such a rule, but couldnt find. Looks I had to look better. Where you go it from? Thnx for correcting me.

However, are they  then in sandbox 2.0 sub a? Also have to go to HSA+, but no more tests unless staying longer then a week on Phuket? No additional test when arriving on day 1?

If staying more than a week they must do new PCR on day 5.

No needing of SHA+ hotel, as far as I know.

The admission of tourists from the mainland begins on September 8.

At least until the next flip-flop ????

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-to-open-to-domestic-tourists-with-conditions-81251.php

Edited by Espanol
  • Haha 1