Immigration promises no cover up after audio clip of "freedom in exchange for cash" hits social media

webfact

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, ChipButty said:

I have 2 friends who use agents because they are to lazy to do it themselves, nothing to do with money

lazy for a 5 minutes job ....? ???? (as mine is ,...if going early morning to immigration ....)

But yes ,....this year the KK trainee needed 20 minutes for my bank letter instead of the 5 minutes from the normal staff to do it , and shocking....???? also in need of  5 minutes walk to  around the corner from KK beach road branch to Jomtien immigration .... i really understand your 2 friends ....it is a real burden ....???? loosing 40 minutes of their life.... 

BTW  can those 2 friends  walk or drive to the agent .... not lazy for that .....? ????

Edited by david555
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

Strangely enough, when I last did my visa  extensionl, and    the usual  annual fee was 1900 baht, the officer  attending to me asked for me to pay  that amount per phone banking to   his bank account.      As I dont use phone banking I declined and offered   the cash as usual..He was  most upset.

I thought it strange, paying into his account,,,he stated it was his personal account,,, as I thought that would be a simple way to get caught, given  phone and bank records are kept.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ezzra said:

They can set up 10 committees it will not change a thing, this  is a country that is run on payola, under the table and most cases it is understood that money HAS to change hands to get things moving...

this why we love it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I have paid bribes to immigration officers before for a visa extension. 

So did I to my local friendly IO, for several years, to obtain my retirement visa extension without most of the bureaucratic financial paperwork. I now live in Cambodia.

1 hour ago, jimrod said:

Because Thailand is the only country this happens in?
I think not. The main difference is, many in Thailand do it because they don't earn enough. In other countries, they do it to bolster what is already a healthy wage.
I'm, in no way, condoning their actions, but you'd think that Thailand is the only country it happens in.

They are just more overt, clumsy, and self entitled than most

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I can see the time looming on the horizon when you have to deal with immigration or the police of any kind, there will be a mandatory requirement to have all personal electronic devices switched off or handed in, like we used to do upon entering the British Embassy.

....to avoid any misunderstandings

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pol Col Phakhayos Thanonsak of Region 6 immigration in Songkhla said that if the person turns out to be an immigration official, or any other policeman for that matter, they will face the full force of disciplinary and criminal measures.

Inactive post or transferred to a different office?

However, RTP committees are notorious for heading nowhere even when evidence is damning.

On this occasion the NACC are also showing an interest. Daily News quoted a person from the National Anti-Corruption Commission as saying they will be conducting their own investigation in the matter.

Which is usually the same place as the RTP investigation.

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Inactive post or transferred to a different office?

Of course, never sacked from the job his family bribed him into.

If he's very good, his 15k a month might buy a few mansions, Mercedes, a few mia nois, oodles of cash and immunity from prosecution.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Audio clips, CCTV clips. Those are the real problems they'll Address at the committee... 

slap the CCTV with "lese majeste" because it shows wrongdoings of the Thai Royal Police

On this occasion the NACC are also showing an interest. Daily News quoted a person from the National Anti-Corruption Commission as saying they will be conducting their own investigation in the matter. 

You can't blame Prayut for this, although he promised to stamp out corruption years ago, he has just admitted he does fail sometimes... I guess this is one of those times.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SGD said:

As no visa needs MENSA qualifications, my bet is 99% are fraudulant.

Nothing to do with MENSA/ability to go through the hoops.  It is time and convieniance for those who use agents legally.

• Haha 1