Thailand moves further up the ‘Best Countries Heritage’ top 10 rankings

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Oddly the TAT does not mention when Thailand goes down in the freedom and democracy rankings

Even more bizarre the we feel the need to attach comparative rankings and ratings toward particular cultural heritage.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ezzra said:

What dose it even mean? anyone can invent some sort of listing and put themselves up there, take me for an instance, i ranked myself the best good looking guy in my home. ( the fact that i live alone doesn't matter here)...

These types of presentations exist to create falsehoods of insecurities by who they might or might not be. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Best Countries Heritage list is a sub-ranking of the Best Countries rankings compiled by the BAV Group (a unit of global marketing communications company, VMLY&R) and the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania based on the perceptions of 78 countries in various metrics assessed from a study of over 17,000 people.

A rather verbose description which amounts to a load of guesses by 17000 people who thought Thailand was quite good because it had a lot of fat bloke statues and nice food.  Impressive.....  ????????

• Haha 1

If what I saw in Baen Saen yesterday, Thailand, or its leaders and planners are doing their best to destroy its heritage. The North end of the beach road is just a barren oven hot plate of concrete and tarmac. With Neo modernistic buildings. Driving along the beach road heading South it is not much better. Pattaya is in the process of doing exactly the same.  Why would Western tourists want to come here at great expense, when they can have the same on their doorstep?

Edited by Gandtee
spelling

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

What dose it even mean? anyone can invent some sort of listing and put themselves up there, take me for an instance, i ranked myself the best good looking guy in my home. ( the fact that i live alone doesn't matter here)...

But that means you are also the worst looking guy in your home too ....????

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, webfact said:

AT Governor, Mr. Yuthasak Supasorn, said “Thailand’s rich and splendid heritage has always been a strong factor in its tremendous appeal to the world’s travellers. The top countries in the Best Countries Heritage list are described as those most readily associated with a unique identity, and this is something Thailand can be extremely proud of.”

Such a shame no-one got to see them this year... maybe better luck in 2022

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, djayz said:

Although I do find some of the sites, parks, attractions, etc. here magnificent, I can't help but feel that all of these "lists" should take other factors into account as well. For example, how well is the environment being protected or waste management. 

Just walking around some of the streets and cities I am appalled at the amount of rubbish floating in canals or piled up on the streets; old cars abandoned in alleyways; city buses belching out alarming amounts of thick, black exhaust fumes, etc. 

Congratulations on making it into the top ten of a list that only looks at a few, unique features but you're never going to make the top 10 when it comes to more serious criteria like environment, food hygiene, clean waterways, etc. 

As I do, but I'm not paying 10X the entrance fee to go look inside.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hotchilli said:

As I do, but I'm not paying 10X the entrance fee to go look inside.

In principle I agree with you and it does infuriate me that they so blatantly over charge certain people, but the experience and time spent with the missus and our boy there far outweigh the insult or extra money. 

Eliminate the two tiered pricing for entrance into many of these attractions, and attract more people. Am I making too much sense? 

Personally, I have always found the consumables to be the best part of Thailand. The food of course, and when I was single, the lovely women. Now, that is the kind of cultural heritage worth revering. 

19174955035_1c26796afd_b.jpg

jeen3-1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Eliminate the two tiered pricing for entrance into many of these attractions, and attract more people. Am I making too much sense? 

Personally, I have always found the consumables to be the best part of Thailand. The food of course, and when I was single, the lovely women. Now, that is the kind of cultural heritage worth revering. 

19174955035_1c26796afd_b.jpg

jeen3-1.jpg

Double wrapped in-case of spillage... so Thailand.

• Haha 1