When Did It Stop Being OK TO Disagree??

Kanada

13 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

What I hate more, is people that disagree with you and wont change their minds even though the evidence is 100% in your favour !

I don’t think there’s any evidence that’s 100% on your side on anything any more….

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yea but

Communism really is bad.

Bloke in 5th frame is just an attention seeking t**t seeking to make a name for himself by being controversial .

Young people today are so desperate for attention they will try any absurdity to get a few click subscribes.

Not like us old fellas, who NEVER play to the peanut gallery

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

Like Christianity.

Can't I just tolerate my neighbor. Is it essential that I have to love the bas***d.

Especially when he coveting my missus. That's a word you don't hear enough anymore. Bring back the covet I say.

Edited by starky
  • Haha 2

It is a curious paradox: Censorship is flourishing in the information age.

I still remember how discussion was on talkboards in the early 90s. You were free to express your opinion, there was a belief that the Internet would defeat censorship for good. How wrong that was. Gone are the days of robust argument, now replaced with a stage for the narrow prejudices of a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StreetCowboy said:

We are fortunate that the internet allows us to choose which lies we want to accept, and to listen to those only, to the exclusion of others, so that we can reinforce our prejudices and build our prejudices straighter, and narrower, and more blinkered than ever before, regardless of how outrageous those prejudices are, and we can harden our hearts with greater fortification against our fellow man through continuous reinforcement of our own prejudices by our chosen friends, and news, and our chosen popular opinion.

Luckily, my children, and I assume their peers, seem to have a broader and more optimistic outlook on life.

Rather than kill of censorship what the internet did was to give would-be censors the tools to pursue ever greater censorship, right now the internet is full of milions of little PC Plods deleting what they deem unacceptable. Many of them sit in the Philippines, the main hub of Facebook censorship, who, of course, outsource censorship to the cheapest and least educated labour. It's rare you'll find a genius working in censorship.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tanomazu said:

Rather than kill of censorship what the internet did was to give would-be censors the tools to pursue ever greater censorship, right now the internet is full of milions of little PC Plods deleting what they deem unacceptable. Many of them sit in the Philippines, the main hub of Facebook censorship, who, of course, outsource censorship to the cheapest and least educated labour. It's rare you'll find a genius working in censorship.

I don't see much censorship - just organisations limiting what they publish.  I don't think you can force people to publish things.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1