Motorway toll booths to become barrier-less

snoop1130

5b39c0600843e6f353bfa68681d3303e_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The government’s Land Transport Commission has approved a plan to implement a barrier-less free flow toll system for motorways, piloting first at four toll plazas in October.

The Commission for the Management of Land Traffic chaired by Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan today approved the proposal to remove barriers from motorway toll gates in favor of the barrier-less M-Flow system.

The barrier-less tolling system will enable a better flow at tolling plazas, reducing congestion by eliminating the waiting time for the barrier to open for each arriving vehicle.

Four toll plazas will pilot the new system first in October, namely Thab Chang 1, Thab Chang 2, Thanyaburi 1, and Thanyaburi 2 toll plazas.

Meanwhile the commission has approved large-scale projects such as a transportation development masterplan for Chachoengsao, Chonburi, and Rayong for the Eastern Economic Corridor.

The commission has approved the first four pilot routes for the study on joint railway and inter-city highway developments, namely Kanchanaburi (Chedi Sam Ong) - Ubon Ratchathani (6th Friendship Bridge), Chumphon - Ranong, Nong Khai - Laem Chabang, and the third outer ring road of Bangkok.

The entire project is comprised of 10 initial routes, spanning 6,540 kilometers, to help improve logistical connectivity between Thailand and neighboring countries, while promoting Thailand as the logistics hub of ASEAN.

The commission has also approved a public transport connection project for the SRT Red Line Rangsit station in Pathum Thani, with environmental consciousness and accessibility for persons with disabilities in mind.

nnt.jpg
  • Confused 1

Just now, Mr Meeseeks said:

Can you imagine the carnage if they were? ☠️

??? You are confused between wild street racing and bike riding. I am pretty sure that car drivers are their own share of irresponsible drivers 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alyx said:

??? You are confused between wild street racing and bike riding. I am pretty sure that car drivers are their own share of irresponsible drivers 

I ride big bikes and there's no way Thais are competent or responsible enough to be allowed on highways on them.

You are not suggesting scooters and mopeds should be allowed are you? Risible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I ride big bikes and there's no way Thais are competent or responsible enough to be allowed on highways on them.

You are not suggesting scooters and mopeds should be allowed are you? Risible. 

You are reading between the lines:  Who is talking about mopeds ?  Are you driving in Thailand ? If so you could notice that big bike drivers are not incompetent and personally, driving long distances, or short for that matter, is quite dangerous here, mostly because of car drivers, hence the long awaited use of highway by bikers as it is the case in quite a few countries, including the neighbouring ones

19 minutes ago, alyx said:

You are reading between the lines:  Who is talking about mopeds ?  Are you driving in Thailand ? If so you could notice that big bike drivers are not incompetent and personally, driving long distances, or short for that matter, is quite dangerous here, mostly because of car drivers, hence the long awaited use of highway by bikers as it is the case in quite a few countries, including the neighbouring ones

I believe a 49cc with pedals to aid propulsion is classed as a moped, the 125/150 will zip along with there slim tyres blued exhaust they are forever overtaking me "on the inside" for what it is worth big bikes lets say 650cc up you need to be proficient to ride these or you wont make it past the end of the dealers road.

3 minutes ago, Almer said:

I believe a 49cc with pedals to aid propulsion is classed as a moped, the 125/150 will zip along with there slim tyres blued exhaust they are forever overtaking me "on the inside" for what it is worth big bikes lets say 650cc up you need to be proficient to ride these or you wont make it past the end of the dealers road.

That is correct, hence I am not referring to this kind. I agree, the 125 up to 250 here are just powerful mopeds. This being said, I have driven my bike (over 650 cc) here for two decades and I have been fine (not saying that the "trip" has been worry free ) 

Also, not sure if that has been implemented, but there were talks a few months back to enforce a special driving licence for big bikes (whatever that means )

10 minutes ago, alyx said:

That is correct, hence I am not referring to this kind. I agree, the 125 up to 250 here are just powerful mopeds. This being said, I have driven my bike (over 650 cc) here for two decades and I have been fine (not saying that the "trip" has been worry free ) 

Also, not sure if that has been implemented, but there were talks a few months back to enforce a special driving licence for big bikes (whatever that means )

The Uk used to be up to 250cc standard motorcycle thereafter an additional test, there are also questions there, straight out of school and onto a 250cc 

7 minutes ago, Almer said:

The Uk used to be up to 250cc standard motorcycle thereafter an additional test, there are also questions there, straight out of school and onto a 250cc 

Mind you the problem lies with every motorist. We all take lessons, pass the examination and off we go with our cars and bikes. Difficult to solve

3 minutes ago, alyx said:

Mind you the problem lies with every motorist. We all take lessons, pass the examination and off we go with our cars and bikes. Difficult to solve

For what its worth.

i was a PCV driver European mostly for 30+ years no bumps or scrapes if we forget the grounding coming of a ferry !! Living in Thailand 7 years been rear ended 3 times, my view of motorcyclists including my self, laterally a 650 sport bike, the bigger the bike the more careful the operator.