MorProm app and Vaccine certificate when getting a new passport.

Eaglekott

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Because your new passport will have a page that shows the previous old passport number stamped in the new passport.

Does that not show the Passport I originally entered Thailand with and my VISA was issued to? I have changed passport once already (Only 5 years validity). Two stamps maybe? 

Take your old a new passport to where you obtained the vaccine certificate, I'm sure they will update a new certificate with a new PP number, MOPH would then be updated at the same time I think, thats my plan anyhow.......( carry old PP with new PP for awhile as well ). 

12 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

Does that not show the Passport I originally entered Thailand with and my VISA was issued to? I have changed passport once already (Only 5 years validity). Two stamps maybe? 

Oh OK apologies your asking something I not know of I only have a certificate from my hospital where got my 2 jabs 

I don't plan on going anywhere. 

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

Just had my 2nd Pfizer, got the certificate and Mor Prom app, which works OK. How do I go about getting an INTERNATIONALLY accepted certificate of some sort so I can travel to say Dubai, please?

As I understand you can get an International Vaccine passport at some locations including the Airport, but you must have the tickets in hand.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Eaglekott said:

As I understand you can get an International Vaccine passport at some locations including the Airport, but you must have the tickets in hand.

Thanks. And can I  re-enter Thailand without any Quarantine now that I am double jabbed?

Edited by KannikaP

not exactly the same, i recieved my new passort in between my two jabs, when i went for my second i showed both and asked that they update to the new number, she did it on her screen while i was there, the app shows my new number.  I would suggest going to the hospital where you were vaccinated and ask them to update.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, KannikaP said:

Just had my 2nd Pfizer, got the certificate and Mor Prom app, which works OK. How do I go about getting an INTERNATIONALLY accepted certificate of some sort so I can travel to say Dubai, please?

You should be able to take the certificate, plus a copy of your passport, to your local Public Health Office.   They will be able to issue you with one of these (photo of mine, received yesterday).   Normally takes 5 days between application and receiving, can be quicker if you need to travel internationally though you will have to provide proof in the form of tickets and itinerary etc.   Cost is 50 baht.

fCAgCz8.jpg

6NeJk58.jpg

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, pagallim said:

You should be able to take the certificate, plus a copy of your passport, to your local Public Health Office.   They will be able to issue you with one of these (photo of mine, received yesterday).   Normally takes 5 days between application and receiving, can be quicker if you need to travel internationally though you will have to provide proof in the form of tickets and itinerary etc.   Cost is 50 baht.

fCAgCz8.jpg

6NeJk58.jpg

But this yellow book is still only for use in Thailand, no?

21 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

If you look at the inner pages (2 and 3 of what are 9), you will see 'certificate for international travel'.   Doesn't mean that it will be accepted by other countries of course, though would certainly serve as vaccination proof for re-entering Thailand.

Edited by pagallim
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I believe that you can get one from the hospital where you were vaccinated. But not more than three months  before your departure abroad.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, phetphet said:

I believe that you can get one from the hospital where you were vaccinated. But not more than three months  before your departure abroad.

Like a lot of people I had my 2 jabs away from a hospital ,Tesco Lotus and Robinson ,all the injections were organized by our local hospital .

The thought of going to a large city hospital blind, and trying to get where you want to be is daunting ,bureaucracy and hoops. 

20 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

20 hours ago, KannikaP said:

After my second jab at Medpaark I asked them about the vaccine passport and they gave me a copy of places to go to get it.

image.png.037fb593bfd09888141df2d32f755a0a.png

Vaccine Passport09212021.pdf

Edited by dsj

If you are travelling out of Thailand you need to closely check the Covid entry requirements of the country. I'm not sure about Dubai but I hope to travel to Oman in October and their regulations clearly state that the Covid vaccination certificate must have a QR code that can be scanned and links to a database that confirms the validity of your vaccination. The vaccination certificate issued by Thailand's MoPH, as seen in your Mor Phrom record, does this and should be officially recognized. The Thailand Vaccination Passport does not have a QR and is really not much use anywhere right now. It looks good but that's about all. On the other side of the coin, I have two mates who are also hoping to travel to Oman at the same time. One is from the US and the other Canadian and neither has a vaccination certificate with a QR code. Both are having issues getting visas.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What country I asked? Are you Thai? UK passports have never had that.

Am I Thai ???????????? no.

The old passport number goes in the first page of your new UK passport in Thailand because Thai immigrantion give stamp to transfer over the visa from your previous passport. 

I'm on my 3rd passport here staying Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Am I Thai ???????????? no.

The old passport number goes in the first page of your new UK passport in Thailand because Thai immigrantion give stamp to transfer over the visa from your previous passport. 

I'm on my 3rd passport here staying Thailand. 

The UK passport authority don't put that in, must be Thai Immigration .

5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What nationality? UK passports have never had that.

20 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

What country does that?

When you take your new passport to notify immigration they add all relevant details to your new passport

1 hour ago, dsj said:

After my second jab at Medpaark I asked them about the vaccine passport and they gave me a copy of places to go to get it.

image.png.037fb593bfd09888141df2d32f755a0a.png

Vaccine Passport09212021.pdf 1.88 MB · 6 downloads

Thank you for this. Now I have re-read the paper they gave me yesterday, and that is what it is for.

7 hours ago, KannikaP said:

well, it would not be in English then, would it ? It is for international use, although no doubt some countries may be unwilling to accept it if they don't think the vaccines are effective....ie the Thai AZ is still not accepted in the UK.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, slsmith38 said:

If you are travelling out of Thailand you need to closely check the Covid entry requirements of the country. I'm not sure about Dubai but I hope to travel to Oman in October and their regulations clearly state that the Covid vaccination certificate must have a QR code that can be scanned and links to a database that confirms the validity of your vaccination. The vaccination certificate issued by Thailand's MoPH, as seen in your Mor Phrom record, does this and should be officially recognized. The Thailand Vaccination Passport does not have a QR and is really not much use anywhere right now. It looks good but that's about all. On the other side of the coin, I have two mates who are also hoping to travel to Oman at the same time. One is from the US and the other Canadian and neither has a vaccination certificate with a QR code. Both are having issues getting visas.

If a vaccination cert is sufficient, then why does Thailand need us to spend 50 baht for another vaccine passport?

One reason I can think of, is that the QR code links to a website but the website is not in English. The other is of course security, you can't just let anybody with your QR code see your details.

That is something that is not explained well by the authorities. It just say that it is for international travel.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

Maybe yours but not mine ,just checked all the pages .

Got the 10yr  New one 2 yrs ago.

I really do not know what your situation is or what you are on about.

Mine is I've been here 16 years on a non 'O' visa so when I renew my UK passport here Thai immigration stamp the first page and write the previous passport number.

Surely that is not too difficult to understand.