Jump to content

COVID-19: Thailand reports 11,975 new coronavirus cases, 14,700 recoveries


Recommended Posts

COV25.jpg

File photo: REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha

 

Thailand on Saturday (September 25) reported 11,975 new COVID-19 cases, 14,700 recoveries and 127 additional deaths over the past 24 hours.

 

◼︎ 14,700 recoveries

◼︎ 11,883 new infections 

◼︎ 92 prison / prison infections

 

▶︎ Total infections since April 1: 1,520,422

▶︎ Total recoveries since since April 1: 1,381,176

 

Saturday’s cases bring the total number of COVID-19 infections in Thailand to 1,549,285 with 16,143 deaths.

 

The news comes as the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) says the COVID-19 situation in Thailand is finally on the decline

 

According to Dr. Chavetsan Namwat from Department of Disease Control, the situation in Thailand is getting better, in line with the global situation, especially in Bangkok and its neighboring provinces, while patients with severe symptoms and needing respirators continue to decline.

 

Dr. Kiatipoom Wongrachit, Permanent Secretary of Public Health Ministry says, in the future, the number of cases will not be an important factor anymore, instead it will be capacity to accommodate patients.

 

Asean-now_Covid-Dashboard-Stats-Graphic-Template-Thailand-(update25SEP).png

 

 

asean_now_BB.jpg
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"the number of cases will not be an important factor anymore, instead it will be capacity to accommodate patients."   Dumb and dumber - it was always this way - al least in sensible countrie

PCR test positive cases, total of 11,975 official new infections, with just 92 of those from prison and 11,883 from the community. 127 official covid deaths recorded.    Rapid tests positive

UPDATE: 11,975 confirmed cases, 2,370 probable cases, and 127 deaths (1.04%). Out of 124,540 patients , 37,807 are in hospital, 66,470 in ‘hospitel’ and 14,541 in home/community isolation. 3,323 in a

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

"the number of cases will not be an important factor anymore, instead it will be capacity to accommodate patients."

 

Dumb and dumber - it was always this way - al least in sensible countries.....

This is why countries are now opening up

TIT spent its scarce vaccines on the failed litterbox scheme in Covid ridden Phuket.

Hope this is a U-turn from wasting vaccines on the young etc and concentrating on the old/sick who are the people occupying those hospital beds

Except that it's the young who get infected and then spread it around, including infecting the elderly vaccinated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just been watching Campbell giving some details of ATK or rapid antigen tests or lateral flow tests. New data from UK govt says specificity is 99.9% but maybe 99.97% of a positive reading being correct. So that's a 0.03% chance of a false positive. This being the case why are ATK positives here treated seperately and not included in daily infection numbers as a whole? I've been saying for a while that false negatives are a problem because people use these things get a negative reading and think they don't have the virus and then obviously can spread it. Data on false negatives is if symptomatic there's a 28% chance of a false negative and non-symptomatic a 42% chance of a false negative. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Wow, you took it a bit far there. 

 

Allowing the virus to spread freely while only vaccinating the elderly is a crazy idea. It means many thousands would die unnecessarily. 

 

Also, the more infections, the greater the chance of a mutation which could bypass the vaccine. 

No you're miss-quoting me. I did not say 'while only vaccinating the elderly'. The vaccination programme should continue to get it into as many arms as possible and as quickly as possible, but protect the vulnerable first.

 

Vaccination does not prevent infection anyway, but it will reduce the burden on the health services which helps everyone.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Since a large percentage of the population in Thailand are vaccinated with the Sinovac vaccine that allows for a larger percentage of breakthrough infections  but has a low rate of hospitalizations, I think it would be important to mention how many of these positive tests are symptomatic and or required hospitalization. . 

Edited by sirineou
typo
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Scrotobike said:

"the number of cases will not be an important factor anymore, instead it will be capacity to accommodate patients."

 

Dumb and dumber - it was always this way - al least in sensible countries.....

it wasn't actually, this new focus is just starting in countries with well advanced vaccine programs

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Since a large percentage of the population in Thailand are vaccinated with the Sinovac vaccine who allows for a larger percentage of breakthrough infections  but has a low rate of hospitalizations, I think it would be important to mention how many of these positive tests are symptomatic and or required hospitalization. . 

is 20% a large percentage many of which now need a do-over already

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

 

@Scrotobike is right IMO. I've saying this for quite some time. Vaccinate and protect the vulnerable then open up the country and allow the young to catch and spread the virus. Because that's route to herd immunity which is what the country and indeed the world ultimately needs.

 

Stop hiding from it!

 

I will point out that in our province, it was the old and vulnerable that were prioritized when it came to vaccination. I can proudly boast that I was the first person in our village to be vaccinated.

Herd immunity has been discounted also this is delta not alpha or beta. Delta also kills the young. Under 60's represent a much higher % of deaths and serious illness with delta than previous variants.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, smedly said:

is 20% a large percentage many of which now need a do-over already

If I am properly informed, and Less than 40% of the population is fully vaccinated, So if indeed 20%n of it is of the Sinovac variety, I would say Yes!  50% is a substantial proportion. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Herd immunity has been discounted also this is delta not alpha or beta. Delta also kills the young. Under 60's represent a much higher % of deaths and serious illness with delta than previous variants.

Do you think re-opening malls and restaurants has been done prematurely then?  I won't ask about schools (this time!).

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Do you think re-opening malls and restaurants has been done prematurely then?  I won't ask about schools (this time!).

The expert advice I've been seeing is 80% fully vaxed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Herd immunity has been discounted also this is delta not alpha or beta. Delta also kills the young. Under 60's represent a much higher % of deaths and serious illness with delta than previous variants.

image.png.eef5e5ebfcd76ac0f625667fe45d8370.png

Taken from:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

 

All the evidence I have ever seen suggests that the virus (of whatever variant) kills the same demographics (ie older people) and under 40s have a very low risk even if unvaccinated, unless they have one of the key underlying conditions such as obesity for example.   

 

Where are you getting the information that this kills younger people in higher numbers?  Do you have a link?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

No you're miss-quoting me. I did not say 'while only vaccinating the elderly'. The vaccination programme should continue to get it into as many arms as possible and as quickly as possible, but protect the vulnerable first.

 

Vaccination does not prevent infection anyway, but it will reduce the burden on the health services which helps everyone.

If you are saying vaccinate everyone, duhhhhhh… 

 

maybe this confused me:

 

allow the young to catch and spread the virus.”

 

 

Vaccination prevents infection to a very high degree.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

If you only vaccinate the elderly, but then drop all restrictions in an attempt to reach herd immunity, then many people would die.

Your making up your answers now...he did NOT say "only vaccinate the elderly".He said continue all vaccinations, but focus on the elderly and vulnerable before the younger. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, farangman said:

Your making up your answers now...he did NOT say "only vaccinate the elderly".He said continue all vaccinations, but focus on the elderly and vulnerable before the younger. 

Sorry, this confused me:

 

allow the young to catch and spread the virus.”

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, James105 said:

image.png.eef5e5ebfcd76ac0f625667fe45d8370.png

Taken from:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1019992/Vaccine_surveillance_report_-_week_38.pdf

 

All the evidence I have ever seen suggests that the virus (of whatever variant) kills the same demographics (ie older people) and under 40s have a very low risk even if unvaccinated, unless they have one of the key underlying conditions such as obesity for example.   

 

Where are you getting the information that this kills younger people in higher numbers?  Do you have a link?

Did I say it kills younger people in greater numbers or did I say delta is killing more people under 60 than previous variants? You are either misrepresenting my post or you didn't read my post correctly. This is what I posted.

"Under 60's represent a much higher % of deaths and serious illness with delta than previous variants."

I do not need a link for this as it is but you will find plenty. I found this immediately upon searching.

 “But Delta seems to be impacting younger age groups more than previous variants.”

 

Nick Papacostas, MD, the president of the Alaska chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians, tells the Anchorage Daily News, that he’s seeing in his emergency room people “sicker and younger than we were seeing last year, requiring either hospital admission or ICU admission.

https://www.infectioncontroltoday.com/view/younger-people-in-us-getting-hit-hard-by-delta-variant

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

 

@Scrotobike is right IMO. I've saying this for quite some time. Vaccinate and protect the vulnerable then open up the country and allow the young to catch and spread the virus. Because that's route to herd immunity which is what the country and indeed the world ultimately needs.

 

Stop hiding from it!

 

I will point out that in our province, it was the old and vulnerable that were prioritized when it came to vaccination. I can proudly boast that I was the first person in our village to be vaccinated.

Your village is one of the lucky ones, although it does seem villages have been taking the priority roll out more responsibly, the stats for Thailand as a whole however is very different, the over 60's have been one of the least vaccinated in all categories. They have not been prioritized as claimed and the general public all ages overtake them by far.

 

As for your comment "allow the young to catch it and spread the virus" sort of destroys all logic and sense.

https://www.who.int/thailand/emergencies/novel-coronavirus-2019/situation-reports

 

data 25 sept 3.png

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Rimmer locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...