Bye Bye WISE, WESTERN UNION, VISA, etc

I see Twitter has the following info in their blog post about this Strike payments tie-up...

"You’ll know an account has turned on Tips if you see this icon 7MyKxdc1g98Ok2wqvHwr1BHAf-fn0bFFSNXFo0UfT4_GBXtySJOLcYdHVcNwCTHFKMmxJFtHA9uIGisYWMgGKaMG03Q7z74pSpU0gGahXE1h5UBRkT1bXpvKWz8OuAIxECH16DeD=s0next to the Follow button on the profile page. Tap the icon, and you’ll see a list of payment services or platforms that the account has enabled, and you can select whichever you prefer. The services* available so far:

• Bandcamp
  • Cash App
  • Chipper
  • Patreon
  • Razorpay 
  • Wealthsimple Cash
  • Venmo"

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/product/2021/bringing-tips-to-everyone

Maybe someone here who's more clued into this can let me know...  Are there any real consumer-facing businesses in Thailand that accept payments from ANY of these above kinds of payment methods?

I buy stuff on Lazada.com from time to time. Last time I checked, they don't even accept Paypal, Samsung Pay, Google Pay or anything like that... much less any of the more esoteric kind of stuff Twitter has listed above.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, In Full Agreement said:

IMHO all crypto currencies are basically gambling.

What research do you do to determine a good time to buy or sell crypto?

Would you also call stocks gambling?

Chart analysis as well as researching fundamentals and many other things is how I research/learn about cryptos. 

9 hours ago, bojo said:

.......................and at a cost....had some money sent, albeit a small amount from mum in Thailand to daughter in UK using Krungsri...............11400B less charges and commissions and fees etc etc..net hopefully gonna be received 10000b, no idea of the exchange rate either, lap of the gods there.....

You should look into Dee Money for sending money out of Thailand...could have saved you at least 1300 Baht...I may be off a little but close enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/27/2021 at 5:06 AM, Neeranam said:

The traditional 'banking system' is finished, get with the times.

You could be right.

40% of US dollars in existence were printed in the last 12 months alone.

https://techstartups.com/2021/05/22/40-us-dollars-existence-printed-last-12-months-america-repeating-mistake-1921-weimar-germany/

That is scary stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, STALINGRAD said:

My question is where does the 12% come from….

depends on who you entrust with your funds. eg. in the case of Celsius (CEO, Alex Mashinsky) they do "sec lending". just like JP Morgan does but they give back 80% of the profits to the lenders. 

other providers use DeFi to earn yield for their customers, eg. Yield App

Edited by Lemsta69
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, HenryfromMalaysia said:

IMO,

Got early players who bought before 2019 and made money x10 already

Then got 2020 players who bought after 2019 and made some money.

The early 2021 players likely is currently losing money.

Finally got the dinosaurs who will never touch it.

Everyone got their own opinions and we should respect them.

I respect those who have opinions based on research, not dinosaur trolls that probably have no money to invest anyway.  Smart investors are not scared to admit they were wrong. It's not too late, just recently old haters have changed their minds and bought bitcoin -  in the US -  Mr.Wonderful(Kevin O Leary), Jim Cramer, Jamie Dimon and many more. 

Edited by onthedarkside
non news social media video removed
  • Haha 1

Whether you are a dino or a savvy 20 years hold, if you can hold 0.1 bitcoin then you are the 210million in the world since there is only 21million bitcoin.

Scam or not, to be the 210million out of 8,000million in this planet sounds good to me.

The money printing in US and the money borrowing in Europe is crazy hence bitcoin is created.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HenryfromMalaysia said:

Whether you are a dino or a savvy 20 years hold, if you can hold 0.1 bitcoin then you are the 210million in the world since there is only 21million bitcoin.

Scam or not, to be the 210million out of 8,000million in this planet sounds good to me.

The money printing in US and the money borrowing in Europe is crazy hence bitcoin is created.

That's  right, just 0.1 BTC.  

2 hours ago, Lemsta69 said:

depends on who you entrust with your funds. eg. in the case of Celsius (CEO, Alex Mashinsky) they do "sec lending". just like JP Morgan does but they give back 80% of the profits to the lenders. 

other providers use DeFi to earn yield for their customers, eg. Yield App

oh god, do people really believe in the tooth fairy? thought it was a myth, but apparently some young adults disagree ????

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

oh god, do people really believe in the tooth fairy? thought it was a myth, but apparently some young adults disagree ????

They have got their teeth into their new ideology and us mere mortals are not allowed to dissent.  Might as well let them go bust in their own sweet way.

What I don't get is there are these famous twitter people who got 1000s followers who every tweet about how good this and that is, the future is this and that.

Then they ask you to subscribe to their news channel and pay say $20 each month. All they do is saying it will go up in the future. The market goes up, comes down then up again but people are still paying that twitter guy $20 a month.

Then this twitter guy bought 1 bitcoin from all the money he gets from his subscriber and post on his tweet that he bought 1 bitcoin and will hold for life. He then gets more followers or subscriber.

Market goes up or down, this twitter guy earns $20 x number of subscriber per month.

• Like 1

Several posts of non-news source social media videos has been removed.

Per the forum's rules:

"Social Media content is acceptable in most social forums. However, in factual areas such as news, current affairs and health topics, it cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or government agency, and must include a weblink to the original source."

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I respect those who have opinions based on research, not dinosaur trolls that probably have no money to invest anyway.  Smart investors are not scared to admit they were wrong. It's not too late, just recently old haters have changed their minds and bought bitcoin -  in the US -  Mr.Wonderful(Kevin O Leary), Jim Cramer, Jamie Dimon and many more. 

Edited 3 hours ago by onthedarkside
non news social media video removed

Jamie Dimon does not own,nor does he advocate buying Bitcoin.Cramer sold his holdings in April,but advocates owning some crypto. Stick to facts that are easy to research.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, STALINGRAD said:

Jamie Dimon does not own,nor does he advocate buying Bitcoin.Cramer sold his holdings in April,but advocates owning some crypto. Stick to facts that are easy to research.

I suggest you look a bit deeper than google and you'll find out a lot more. 

I posted YouTube videos but they were taken down. I never knew they were not allowed here. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, STALINGRAD said:

oh I thought you were genuinely interested in getting a better understanding of crypto but it sounds like you might be a hater. but if you're legit then watch some interviews with Michael Saylor and/or Alex Mashinsky. at 1.75x because they talk slowly LOL

• Like 1

Bernie Madoff guaranteed 10%,greed didn’t ask how.12% pay outs are not built on FDIC backing ,and I question the sustainability.But up to you if you buy in.I am trying to sort fact from fiction and understand crypto better.I do question anyone who claims they have the new messiah.Drink the kool aid, but don’t insist I drink it unless until I see how it is made.

On 9/27/2021 at 2:23 PM, Neeranam said:

I highly recommend crypto.com debit cards. I get 4% back in crypto for every transaction, and also get free 1st class airport lounges, free Netflix/Spotify and some other things. Yesterday, I paid all 4 of my family's phone bills with this card and my daughter's apartment. Also a great way to ramp off the crypto profits. 

how widely accepted is the CdC card in LOS and do you often get hit with surcharges? I haven't been over since December 2014 so I'm just a wee bit out of touch. that's the only reason I'm inflicting this forum upon myself, hopefully find some buried gold ????

For CNN to report like this today it looks like the end of the world.

I think the retirement for many will become a nightmare soon. I think crypto fanboys were right all along. This is like reading zerohedge, not CNN 

Screenshot_2021-09-29-10-02-07-758_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Pravda said:

For CNN to report like this today it looks like the end of the world.

I think the retirement for many will become a nightmare soon. I think crypto fanboys were right all along. This is like reading zerohedge, not CNN 

Screenshot_2021-09-29-10-02-07-758_com.android.chrome.jpg

Indeed, those who never saw it coming are in total denial and brainwashed. There is fear about what the 10 year bond yield is doing, which is signalling a bear trend. A few of my friends, who are experienced  investors(and were anti bitcoin) have been selling their stocks and buying crypto. It would be foolish not to. 

The dollar will soon be lie the Venezuelan currency.. 

Edited by Neeranam
  • Confused 1