Antigen tests kits can now be sold in shops and online

snoop1130

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAivY79V2WZ3pITH4sxyP6Xwt42qpKZa49Zeb4ghx.jpg

Secretary-General of Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA), Dr. Paisal Dankhum, says that the Public Health Ministry is now allowing the sale of antigen test kits (ATK) in shops and online, to enable easier public access to them.

The general public, shops and companies are allowed to purchase kits which have been authorised by the TFDA directly from manufacturers and importers. The kits which are approved can be verified through the TFDA’s website or through its QR code.

Dr. Paisal also advised the public to note the Thai labelling when purchasing the kits, which says “Allowed for use by the general public”, to ensure sure that they get quality test kits.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/antigen-tests-kits-can-now-be-sold-in-shops-and-online/

Logo-top-.png

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Secretary-General of Thailand’s Food and Drug Administration (TFDA), Dr. Paisal Dankhum, says that the Public Health Ministry is now allowing the sale of antigen test kits (ATK) in shops and online, to enable easier public access to them.

How novel.

9 hours ago, sucit said:

You need everything just like an unvaccinated person would in my opinion (which should be you need nothing). 

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.28.21264262v1

This article is a preprint and has not been certified by peer review. It reports new medical research that has yet to be evaluated and so should not be used to guide clinical practice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, internationalism said:

still, bulk buying at large pharmacy will assure we don't run out of them, when they are most needed in the next wave.

I got my 25 tests for 1975b. Some people are forced to buy at around 250b if bought by single

Yeah,

Well done!

We'll all come to your place in a petrol crisis, eh?

You won't run out bulk buying but your pharmacy might!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, millymoopoo said:

Being vaccinated does not preclude you from getting infected.

You can still get infected, the vaccine prepares you for that eventuality and fights off the infection much quicker.

Thus if infected you can still spread the virus, albeit for a shorter period of time.

So the test is still valid for vaccinated people.

I read that is is also more difficult to get the virus as well as spread it if you were vaccinated.

That is as well as much less chance of severe illness.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Yeah,

Well done!

We'll all come to your place in a petrol crisis, eh?

You won't run out bulk buying but your pharmacy might!

Since it's not panic mode the pharmacy's will have time to restock 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, fangless said:

If you have had two vaccinations and have the certificates etc to prove it  do you need or have a use for theses tests?

This is meant as a serious question, not as sarcasm!

I would think your ok but...the vaccine is not 100%. 90% is great and will stop the virus for a society but your still need to be careful until a higher % are vaccinated.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

I always thought the primary reason for having a vaccine of any type was to protect yourself whether it was influenza, Hepatitis or whatever, pre Covid I never recall infecting others being discussed as it is now.

in the USA, up to 80,000 die each year from the flu. maybe down to 60,000. i think the main thing about the flu is it dies out in the summer. Also, the world does not seem to care about all these deaths. USA provides vaccines good for the year but not enough get the shots. even if they did, the flu seems to come back each year. CDC in USA seems they like huge funds from the gov but does not do much is my opinion. Covid is not going to stop unless people stop from getting it. each person is responsible to prevent themselves from getting the virus. A person who gets it, in some cases, (not all)  has failed society...again, in some cases. they have kept it going. nothing will stop it. not even the summer months. We have to stop it  or the deaths will continue. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, fangless said:

If you have had two vaccinations and have the certificates etc to prove it  do you need or have a use for theses tests?

This is meant as a serious question, not as sarcasm!

I cannot understand why people who have no symptoms need to test...

• Like 1

Just now, SuwadeeS said:

As I know from Europe. The Test Kits, Made in China have only 50% accuracy.

So, in my opinion....

Quote useless

Being useless is not actually an important factor when it comes to covid though.   Many things that have been useless and ineffective have been implemented such as closing parks, mandatory facemasks outdoors, preventing literally anything whatsover to do with alcohol even in outdoor settings where no-one catches covid etc.    The most important factor is how does the test make you feel if you are scared of Covid.  If it makes you "feel" safe when it says negative, then in much in the same way that a comfort blanket will make a baby feel safe, it will pass the very, very low bar for "effectiveness" when it comes to Covid.   

37 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

in the USA, up to 80,000 die each year from the flu. maybe down to 60,000. i think the main thing about the flu is it dies out in the summer. Also, the world does not seem to care about all these deaths. USA provides vaccines good for the year but not enough get the shots. even if they did, the flu seems to come back each year. CDC in USA seems they like huge funds from the gov but does not do much is my opinion. Covid is not going to stop unless people stop from getting it. each person is responsible to prevent themselves from getting the virus. A person who gets it, in some cases, (not all)  has failed society...again, in some cases. they have kept it going. nothing will stop it. not even the summer months. We have to stop it  or the deaths will continue. 

Are annual flu shots free in the USA?

14 hours ago, internationalism said:

still, bulk buying at large pharmacy will assure we don't run out of them, when they are most needed in the next wave.

I got my 25 tests for 1975b. Some people are forced to buy at around 250b if bought by single

Unless you have a family of 12 people, that sounds like hoarding.

Seriously however, are you sure you got decent stuff at 80B/each??

44 minutes ago, ebean001 said:

Totally agree with all of the above.

I look at what’s happening in my own country Australia young antivaxers fighting with the police.

I am old enough to remember kids at school recovering from polio wearing iron braces on their legs.

I am sure they would have loved access to a vaccine.

There are sad and stupid people around.

• Like 2

symptoms of common cold (very easy to get during rainy season and floods) are similar to those of covid.

In my case I went to air con office for the whole day and became unwell.

ATK's are also good for pre-testing at home before going to pay minimum 2500b for PCR before flight.

Might also be good when having high temperature you won't be allowed into office or shop - in 15 minutes on the spot you get negative and you can show them.

Most probably I got covid several times, starting from May 2020 and later when majority of my neighbours were positive for a month in June-July during the 4th wave.

I never had symptoms and ATK's were not available yet in Thailand. Also I did not get my pfizer yet at that time and didn't want to be hospitalised.

I also have another 7 months of my yearly covid insurance, with a windfall 200k only on getting positive result. If I don't test often, I won't know if I am positive 

6 minutes ago, arithai12 said:

Unless you have a family of 12 people, that sounds like hoarding.

Seriously however, are you sure you got decent stuff at 80B/each??

yes, I do have large family, but I have also told my neighbours and friends, if they need ATK in emergency I have them to hand out. 

I am going to be tested with them around every week, so will last me for max 25 weeks.

They are named Lepu, you can search on them how decent are they. I have told my trusted pharmacist I need the cheapest bulk order and the best quality. Probably she has many another brands. Judging by price is not good enough - in europe atk's are for less than euro and even you can get them free from pharmacies in limited quantity. Schools and factories are handling them 2x per week to all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

I read that is is also more difficult to get the virus as well as spread it if you were vaccinated.

That is as well as much less chance of severe illness.

Being more difficult as you say does not preclude you from infection. Double vaccinated people are dying although the numbers would be low but it shows that it's still possible to contract the virus when vaccinated. If you contract the virus then you can spread it vaccinated or not.

We haven't had them yet,Talke of them coming, but like most things connect to covid do we don't hold our breath as the hospitals are getting full (NSW& VIC  ). I have a brother living in London he sent me some over but they got stopped at immigration and were aloud in as they weren't on Med list . Guess where they are made in a lab company in  Brisbane Queensland, they are selling to the UK &USA,but now chief clown is back there is talk of them coming available at $10 a hit. When they open up the boarders I'm a coming back.