Sometimes I Wonder Why I Post Messages on TV, a Forum which is Second to None, and Lovely?

When I first arrived in Thailand, I knew no one.  I was alone, though not lonely.

And then, I quickly found TV, and I was happy, though still not lonely.

Let me please tell you guys something ….  OK?

TV is much more than your average forum.

TV is a lifeline, and a friend, and even, maybe, a family.

The thing that truly gives me the shivers is that TV might ever die, someday, leaving me, and so many others, adrift, out in the cold, like an old woman on an iceberg.

Most of us are not spys, but maybe some of us live our lives like spys, out in the cold, or, probably, more like flies, flying around.  And, we need TV to tie us down, in order to provide us with a tether, at least to tether our sanity.

I realize that it is not much.  It is not much.

Yet, TV has become my only family, my family far from the place of my birth.

Can you guys even comprehend just how important TV has recently become to me, and just how important TV has been to me, for years?

We all share some commonality. There is no need to explain the basic knowledge that we all take for granted, which is the knowledge that no outsiders can ever appreciate.

Might I also add that the guys who lurk here, and pretend to be part of our group, will never understand what we understand.  The basic truths which derive from living, long time, in Asia.

I figure that it really does not matter where you come from.  As long as you have been in Asia for about 20 or 50 years, then you are a part of this good and dwindling group.

In one of my recent posts, I mentioned the Chieftains.  In my opinion, some of the Chieftains were miraculous musicians.  Peerless musicians, they were.

And then, you have guys like BB King, a man who is one of a kind.

OK, let's forget about BB King.

However, the thing that binds us together on this Great Forum is not our eclectic tastes in music, nor our love of dark-eyed beauties, but it is our shared experiences after living in East Asia, SE Asia, and even down-under, in some cases, always influenced by the South China Sea, which, in my opinion, is the most beautiful sea one could ever imagine.

The South China Sea is ethereally beautiful in all its moods.  One cannot even begin to describe it using mere words. 

Well, I could go on, and on, and on, about the South China Sea, as you might imagine.

We all know about love in a junk in HK, which is not the same, almost, as love in a gondola in Venice. Whom among us would trade love in a junk for love in a gondola?  No one!

Clavel once told us about love in a junk, if you will only recall what you have read, years ago.

You remember, Clavel was the one who was locked up in Changi Prison during the war.  Clavell, who made a fortune by selling tasty rats to the guards, wrote a book which took HK by storm.

Now that I am getting older, and after reading TV for a number of years, the only thing that I fear more than the death of my SELF, is the end of this great forum, TV.

I am not worried that this might happen soon, in my lifetime, simply because it is people like you who maintain the vibrancy and pertinancence of this forum, year after year.

I recently learned that there are volunteers who help this forum to endure, as it must, and I am grateful to these good volunteers who protect TV from losing its appeal to the tasteful reader.

Surely, I must accept the idea of my own impermanence in this world, and I do so with equanimity.

However, the very idea that TV will ever die, which is unthinkable to me, only provides me with angst, at times.

I love TV

Note:  One of the many things that I love about TV is the fact that I can talk to TV about almost anything, and receive considered, meaningful and logical responses to my inquiries.

Sort of like one of those eight-balls with answers floating to the top.

Anytime I ask a question on TV, sometimes I receive replies like the Magic-8-Ball we once played with when we were three years old, in the 1950s. 

Note2:  So, here is a question for you.  How long has it been since you ate a beautiful Italian meatball?  Or, have you not eaten, for many years, something else that you might normally like to eat, which you miss passionately?

For me:

Italian meatball: Over thirty years

Stilton cheese: Since 1996, after the HK commie takeover

Hungarian wine:  The wine from Hungary is not bad.

Real Cheese Steak from Philly:  You can’t get it anywhere else.

Soft pretzels with mustard: Not one's favorite thing to eat.

Cheese, cheese, and more cheese: Cheese could be quite cheap here, if only there were no taxes on it.

Milk: I have not had a glass of milk in about 20 years.  And, I do not miss cow's milk, simply because I no longer trust the local udders.

Suckling Lamb:  I have never seen a suckling lamb in the local market.

Swiss cheese: I love swiss cheese, any decent variety. Such a pity that I will never have another bite of it unless I leave Thailand.

Still, although I am in a state of relative deprivation, the only thing which seems to get me through is my love of the greatest forum in Thailand, TV.

I mean, it is one thing to be suffering alone.

And, it is far better to be suffering together.

Suffering together on TV makes Life tolerable.

I love TV.

Important Note:  In Thailand, no matter what, no matter the circumstances of one’s existence, still, we are lucky to be in Thailand.  And, guys here, on TV, the ones who are actually IN Thailand, are the envy of the world.

This is, in fact, so true.

We are living in a mystical harmonious valley, apart from most trials and tribulations, a unique place, separate from the world.

We are living in the perfect place to fall in love.

Thailand, in everybody's opinion, is the perfect place to fall in love.

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

The thing that truly gives me the shivers is that TV might ever die, someday, leaving me, and so many others, adrift, out in the cold, like an old woman on an iceberg.

Not to worry, there is still the neighbors wife ????

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, we need TV to tie us down, in order to provide us with a tether, at least to tether our sanity.....

Yet, TV has become my only family, my family far from the place of my birth.

You seem to have already lost your sanity with this statement. 

Is your whole post just a joke?

• Like 1