Hospitals to Receive Partial Moderna Vaccine Delivery

snoop1130

FA1ZSnbVQAcS2IA-1.jpg

BANGKOK, Oct 4 (TNA) – Hospitals will receive the partial delivery of the COVID-19 vaccine made by Moderna in the fourth quarter of this year and they will equally have 40% of their order.

Announcing the expected delivery, Dr. Chalerm Hanpanich, president of the Private Hospital Association, quoted Zuellig Pharma Co as reporting that 2 million doses of the vaccine would be gradually delivered in the fourth quarter of this year and hospitals would equally receive 40% of their orders.

Zuellig Pharma delayed the delivery for only about 10 days and it would still happen within the fourth quarter which was the original timeframe, Dr. Chalerm said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-794744

tnalogo.jpg
  • Like 2

I hope they have factored in that it is not all needed at once anyway due to the time spacing between first and second jabs. 

Also, many who have ordered it have been able to get vaccinated with a good vaccine while waiting for this over the last 5 months, like me.

I'm planning to transfer 2 of mine to my daughter if it is available soon, but she has to make arrangements to fly here from elsewhere in Thailand in order to get it. If it is not available soon, I have others that want them. You can only transfer one time.

Let's get started with the first doses as soon as possible from the partial shipment, and give us some appointment dates.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Neeranam said:

On target, good job. There were lots here saying it wouldn't be here this year.  I don't mind if it isn't here this year, as they will refund my 1200 baht. There are many more vaccines available soon-  great job Anutin and co. 

It was foolish to pay for vaccine ,cos. it is free.As a forigner you can have Pfizer vaccines already!

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

hospitals would equally receive 40% of their orders.

So who gets the other 60%? RTA? TRC?

The regime needs to delay the private hospital option into 2022, so as to not look incompetent.

Meanwhile CRA and TRC are free to order directly from Zuellig. Funny that.

12 hours ago, Gold Star said:

I hope they have factored in that it is not all needed at once anyway due to the time spacing between first and second jabs. 

Good point. I'd be happy to wait for my Moderna booster till March, based on my personal vaccination history. Others will need their booster more urgently.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Also, many who have ordered it have been able to get vaccinated with a good vaccine while waiting for this over the last 5 months, like me.

I'm planning to transfer 2 of mine to my daughter if it is available soon, but she has to make arrangements to fly here from elsewhere in Thailand in order to get it. If it is not available soon, I have others that want them. You can only transfer one time.

Let's get started with the first doses as soon as possible from the partial shipment, and give us some appointment dates.

You must be well behind if you haven’t had the first and second shots.

I and many expats friends have had there first and second AZ shots.

Maybe use the Moderna as booster.

• Like 1

I signed up and payed  for moderna , myself and G/F  through Bangkok  Hospital Hatyai , informed vaccine delayed until 1st quarter 2022, so I thought i better try  the government  system. Successful with Astra Zeneca through local hospital. But no refund on the Moderna .

13 hours ago, Gold Star said:

Transferring to the daughter is the right thing to do, i.e. if she really needs it, i.e. depending on her age, that said, if your over 65 or have an underlying condition, personally I wouldn't be rushing to transfer it or sell it off to anyone as you may require a booster in 6-12 months time so can push back the date, as for the daughter, absolutely get her to have the jab, but like I said, depending on her age.

If she is in that 12-18 age bracket, I wouldn't rush it as the WHO have said clearly, kids in this age bracket don't necessarily need to be vaccinated as the latest is that they are in the low risk group.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neeranam said:

On target, good job. There were lots here saying it wouldn't be here this year.  I don't mind if it isn't here this year, as they will refund my 1200 baht. There are many more vaccines available soon-  great job Anutin and co. 

What they say and what they do are two different things. You should know that by now. I wouldn't congratulate anyone until its here. Private hospital I go to told me  end of year.  

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

If she is in that 12-18 age bracket, I wouldn't rush it as the WHO have said clearly, kids in this age bracket don't necessarily need to be vaccinated as the latest is that they are in the low risk group.

One of my daughters can't go to school unless she gets the vaccine. She is 14.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

One of my daughters can't go to school unless she gets the vaccine. She is 14.

Well, we all have choices to make, you can either listen and do as the Thai's do, or you can try to educated them with the latest material from the WHO, (refer to page 2).

We have two kids that go to a private school, haven't yet decided if we will get the 12 year old vaxed yet, that said, if we decide not too, then it will be up to the school to accept what we produce to them, or our daughter won't be going to that school, or any other that doesn't accept the science.

We all have choices.

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/searo/thailand/2021_09_30_eng-sitrep-203-covid19.pdf?sfvrsn=97de5f7b_5&fbclid=IwAR3lKoMTeg8uwbS_4EaG0-mn0elZpDk6I2l4bk49L-9WTwdLY-wLfS0pceg

Edited by 4MyEgo

19 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Well, we all have choices to make, you can either listen and do as the Thai's do, or you can try to educated them with the latest material from the WHO, (refer to page 2).

We have two kids that go to a private school, haven't yet decided if we will get the 12 year old vaxed yet, that said, if we decide not too, then it will be up to the school to accept what we produce to them, or our daughter won't be going to that school, or any other that doesn't accept the science.

We all have choices.

https://cdn.who.int/media/docs/default-source/searo/thailand/2021_09_30_eng-sitrep-203-covid19.pdf?sfvrsn=97de5f7b_5&fbclid=IwAR3lKoMTeg8uwbS_4EaG0-mn0elZpDk6I2l4bk49L-9WTwdLY-wLfS0pceg

Yes, we do have choices. Not as simple as a Thai/Foreigner thing; my sister has a similar choice in Australia. She is a doctor and is getting her kids vaccinated. If my parents had told the school that they didn't want me vaccinated against polio/smallpox or whatever it was, I would have been <deleted> off; I think you should also ask your kids what they want. No kid wants extremist parents. 

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Yes, we do have choices. Not as simple as a Thai/Foreigner thing; my sister has a similar choice in Australia. She is a doctor and is getting her kids vaccinated. If my parents had told the school that they didn't want me vaccinated against polio/smallpox or whatever it was, I would have been <deleted> off; I think you should also ask your kids what they want. No kid wants extremist parents. 

Actually being from Australia it is not compulsory/mandatory that kids be vaccinated when enrolling/attending school, all they require is an Immunisation History Statement, regardless if vaccinated or not, that way if there is an outbreak, the unvaccinated kids can be taken out until the virus/disease has been eradicated.

The government does provide parents with $ if they do vaccinate their kids on the other hand.

I would never allow my kids to make their own choices on being vaccinated, it's a parents decision, you want to call that extremist, that's your prerogative, suffice to say if kids can make that decision at 12 then they should be able to drive/ride etc etc.  

30 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I would never allow my kids to make their own choices on being vaccinated, it's a parents decision, you want to call that extremist, that's your prerogative, suffice to say if kids can make that decision at 12 then they should be able to drive/ride etc etc.  

My 18-year-old wants the vaccine. Should I show my authority(I pay her apt and uni) and refuse her to get it?  

I teach my 14-year-old that it is entirely up to her, telling her what I think of Authoritarianism. 

I think even a 12-year-old should be heard. I was working at that age, as was my wife. 

I'm not criticizing your approach but shouldn't a child have some personal freedoms too? 

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, Neeranam said:

They aren't refunding my gf. It's a complete mess. Told October, paid for October. Update now jan to May 2022 - no refund. Can only try and on sell. Now possibly back to October. <deleted>.

2 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

They aren't refunding my gf. It's a complete mess. Told October, paid for October. Update now jan to May 2022 - no refund. Can only try and on sell. Now possibly back to October. <deleted>.

Strange, I was told I could get a refund. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

My 18-year-old wants the vaccine. Should I show my authority(I pay her apt and uni) and refuse her to get it?  

I teach my 14-year-old that it is entirely up to her, telling her what I think of Authoritarianism. 

I think even a 12-year-old should be heard. I was working at that age, as was my wife. 

I'm not criticizing your approach but shouldn't a child have some personal freedoms too? 

Personal freedoms yes of course, but there is not enough data on these vaccines on kids yet, so until there is, she won't be getting it, that said, I didn't get my Pfizer shot until it was FDA approved, forgoing AZ and Sinovac which were readily available for me.

Just because the government here or the schools demand kids get vaccinated, doesn't convince me that it is safe for them.

Not an anti-vaxer, my kids have had all of their vaccinations, and until they reach an age where the law says I have no more authority over making decisions for them, then that is when they will have their freedoms to make decisions.

Kids are just that, kids, and they cannot make responsible decisions, like the ones in America where they enticed them with free ice-cream and made it legal for them from 12 to go against their parents.

No one has written a book on how to best be a parent, but I sure as hell know how to protect my kids from what lurks out there, and my wife is of the same wood, but when the science says it is best because xyz like for the adults, then we will succumb, but until then it's in our kids best interest that we continue to decide what is in their best interest, not the governments or the schools.

Each to their own parenting skills within the law of course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, vukovar77 said:

It was foolish to pay for vaccine ,cos. it is free.As a forigner you can have Pfizer vaccines already!

back in junwe when it was paid for there were very few vaccine doses in Thailand, and it looked like there was little chance of any arriving for expats

3 hours ago, rughead said:

I signed up and payed  for moderna , myself and G/F  through Bangkok  Hospital Hatyai , informed vaccine delayed until 1st quarter 2022, so I thought i better try  the government  system. Successful with Astra Zeneca through local hospital. But no refund on the Moderna .

use it as a booster

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I can't register for Pfizer as I don't have a visa in my UK Passport.

you could have registered with the british chamber of commerce or Thailandinterva.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vukovar77 said:

It was foolish to pay for vaccine ,cos. it is free. As a forigner you can have Pfizer vaccines already!

That was not the case in JUN 2021 when Moderna could first be ordered through THG.

(As with Steve187 above)

Edited by jerrymahoney