Name the top three countries you would want to move to if you left Thailand other than your home country

Jingthing

[quote]

but while in Corozal I found a mimeograph sheet (does anyone under 40 even know what that is?) that was supposedly the town newspaper, and it was there I first heard of the Jonestown massacre.  I thought it was some kind of joke that I couldn't see the humor in.  It wasn't until a few months later that I found it was real.

[/quote]

Why would you worry about the Jonestown massacre when in Belize?  That event occured in Guyana, not Belize...

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, siftasam said:

Do you want an ultimate fantasy? (sadly unachievable!):

I would rent a chalet in the Bernese Oberland in Switzerland for the summer months - near to Wengen, and go up and down the cable cars, funiculars and chair lifts, and go hiking to my heart's content. And, oh! The cheese and the chocolate!

Then spend the winter above the Costa del Sol - maybe Mijas, or one of the beautiful whitewashed villages, not too far from Seville and Granada.

I'd definitely go with that. Minus the hiking though!

28 minutes ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

but while in Corozal I found a mimeograph sheet (does anyone under 40 even know what that is?) that was supposedly the town newspaper, and it was there I first heard of the Jonestown massacre.  I thought it was some kind of joke that I couldn't see the humor in.  It wasn't until a few months later that I found it was real.

[/quote]

Why would you worry about the Jonestown massacre when in Belize?  That event occured in Guyana, not Belize...

Can see the connection; British Honduras and British Guiana.

43 minutes ago, simon43 said:

[quote]

[/quote]

I was in Australia when I watched the news report about the death of the 300 children and 600 adults.

I was deeply worried, concerned and shocked by this example of man's inhumanity to man.

Edited by LosLobo

On 10/5/2021 at 4:19 PM, Longwood50 said:

Ireland

Portugal/Spain
Italy

The people of Ireland are wonderful.  With Portugal/Spain/Italy beautiful country.  EU standard of living and most modest cost of the EU countries. 

Why is it that when people refer to Ireland, they don't say Northern Ireland or The Republic of Ireland. Don't they know they are two separate countries? One is part of the UK and one isn't.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 10/5/2021 at 4:41 PM, KhunLA said:

Not in any order; Mexico, Czech Rep, Vanuatu, depending on mood.

Too old & lazy to leave, besides, quite happy and no real complaints.  If younger, I'd be gone, as 20 yrs is enough for any 1 place.  Wouldn't live anywhere permanently again, probably an RV and stay on the road.  Stay in the Americas, as used to be fluent in Spanish.

Major plus about Thailand, can do that here, without the RV as hotels are cheap.  Just the country is so damn small.  Been around it more than a few times already, though do seem to find some new & interesting stuff every time.  Out & about again very soon.

What does RV mean?

• Thanks 1

On 10/5/2021 at 5:17 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Japanese women are starved for love. 

Please just refer to the demographics. 

It's like about 0.8, maybe. 

Although, having been celibate since before 2000, the Japanese government would not welcome me. 

why for 20 years

25 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Recreational Vehicle (Motor Caravan or Dormobile).

Thanks, but I wish some posters would not be so lazy with their typing, or maybe they should just stick to their smartphones.

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2021 at 6:46 PM, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Philippines: hmmmm…. not for me….been there….wonderful Phil.lady… detested the strange place…..

bastardized mess; no real culture; american material aspirations; asian but catholic ; everybody Poor !

<deleted> english (they call it “fluent”); everyone that can….leaves for overseas work….. 

"asian but catholic ;" I am not a Catholic, but I wish the Thai people were rather than Buddhist with their stupid amulets, maybe their IQ would even  be higher.

• Like 1

Given no restrictions and enough money I would choose 

London / Several places in the UK

The US (not sure where but of course there are many great places if you are rich)

Australia (not sure where but of course there are many great places if you are rich)

Reasons?   I've lived my whole life as an expat in Asian countries and never learned the local language(s) and I would love to actually live somewhere that I can talk to everyone, read every sign/label, turn on the TV and have only English language, not have to deal with Google Translate.  During my younger years despite living in Asia I only dated Western girls or Asians who's English was absolutely fluent (and had parents who were fluent too - American/British/Canadian Chinese or Indians mostly).

23 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, but I wish some posters would not be so lazy with their typing, or maybe they should just stick to their smartphones.

Amazing you didn't know what it means, but  Google would have answered that quicker than typing the query.  Did someone mention lazy ?

Strange you use "IQ" ... but apparently lack it.  

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

On 10/5/2021 at 7:30 PM, BritManToo said:

Not at all, if my former wife hadn't divorced me I'd still be living in the UK and sleeping with a 63 year old woman.

As it's worked out, I'm living in the tropics with a woman half my age.

In an odd sort of way she did me a favour.

I don't know if you had any children with your UK wife, I didn't, but there is no way any wife of mine would get anymore than I thought she deserved, which would be 1 Children. 2 What she contributed financially to the marriage. 3 Did she leave you for someone else? 4 Did you leave her for someone else? That must be the main things in a marriage which helps decide if or your wife is entitled to anything or not.

Just now, KhunLA said:

Amazing you didn't know what it means, but  Google would have answered that quicker than typing the query.  Did someone mention lazy ?

From my teaching experience, RV is mainly used in North America - it's not a common abbreviation for others ????

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Strange you use "IQ" ... but apparently lack it.  

I am not going to google for initials because of some posters laziness, and yes, I said lazy and stand by it, I only type about initials because when I am enjoying a post it becomes a bit of a nuisance.

As for your answer, it sure doesn't say much for your IQ or lack of it, does it?

24 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I am not going to google for initials because of some posters laziness, and yes, I said lazy and stand by it, I only type about initials because when I am enjoying a post it becomes a bit of a nuisance.

As for your answer, it sure doesn't say much for your IQ or lack of it, does it?

Not growing up in this 'texting / twitter' age, I find myself googling acronyms quite often ... IYKWIM ????  Find it better than asking & appearing ignorant.

Google ... Bob's your Uncle

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

Not growing up in this 'texting / twitter' age, I find myself googling acronyms quite often ... IYKWIM ????  Find it better than asking & appearing ignorant.

If you want to text then why not just join twitter? I enjoy reading and answering posts, this is a forum and I do not want to be interrupted when on it because some other posters think this forum should be like twitter or the like.

Nothing to do with being ignorant.

53 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

It's not really being lazy.  The poster was using it as a word.  RV has evolved beyond being an abbreviation.  I think there's a magazine called RV Life.  And blogs about RVing and, as the poster said, the RV lifestyle.  People refer to themselves as RVers.  It would be awkward to call themselves recreational vehiclers.  Sort of like scuba--which evolved into its own word but actually began as an abbreviation for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, newnative said:

It's not really being lazy.  The poster was using it as a word.  RV has evolved beyond being an abbreviation.  I think there's a magazine called RV Life.  And blogs about RVing and, as the poster said, the RV lifestyle.  People refer to themselves as RVers.  It would be awkward to call themselves recreational vehiclers.  Sort of like scuba--which evolved into its own word but actually began as an abbreviation for self-contained underwater breathing apparatus. 

Thank you for replying, But I say it is being lazy, and there's no excuse for it, it is getting worse and worse on this forum.

2 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Thanks, but I wish some posters would not be so lazy with their typing,

"Lazy"?!!      It's Deja Vu all over again. 

Instead of being, right, lazy, as you say. Introduce yourself to a dictionary or an online search. Expecting to be spoon fed today gets you no where.

8 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

Thank you for replying, But I say it is being lazy, and there's no excuse for it, it is getting worse and worse on this forum.

Sorry mate, it's just the texting lingo that crept in here, 555!

555=the Thai word for the number 5 is "ha".  In this case three 5's "ha-ha-ha" it means to be laughing.  Does that help?