Thailand removed from the UK “red list”, list reduced to only seven countries

webfact

41 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The U.K. Government are also saying only essential travel to Thailand business etc which means U.K. Travel Insurance companies won’t insure you.

and 2 insurances needed acc to bangkokeyes

1 hour ago, henry213 said:

It is perfect for me, Don't give a poop about infections and that just about my freedom and if your in Thailand you got none.

Could you just run that by me again, preferably in a way that makes at least a bit of sense

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, superal said:

Get your paperwork in order for UK Border agency inspection.   

What inspection?. When I went back a few weeks ago I went straight through an E gate.

There was a bit of a problem a few days ago when the E gates failed.

I had my documents checked at Frankfurt.

I had a worse experience this morning coming through Dubai, was stood at the gate for over half an hour with only a few in front. Only 2 desks and one was tied up with one guy all the time I was stood there, the Arabs had a bit of a problem getting their paperwork in order. 

Good job there was only about 50 on the flight or we still be at the gate.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The U.K. Government are also saying only essential travel to Thailand business etc which means U.K. Travel Insurance companies won’t insure you.

This thread is about travelling to the UK from Thailand, not travelling to Thailand from the UK!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, theoldgit said:

And it's also been announced that Thailand will be added to the list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination 4am Monday 11 October. If you arrive in England before that date you must follow the rules for people who are not fully vaccinated. If you arrive after that, you can use a vaccine certificate to prove your vaccination status.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/countries-with-approved-covid-19-vaccination-programmes-and-proof-of-vaccination

That's right but it will need to be certain vaccines.

Oxford/AstraZeneca

Pfizer BioNTech

Moderna

Janssen

A bit of a pain if you've had something else.

It would stop my wife coming over as she had Sinovac. Fortunately we weren't planning that.

14 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

oh  god,  my  mutha  will  be  expexcting me

When you go back you will remember to let us know the  answer the question that's on all our minds won't you.

Was she there waiting for you or had she left for an urgent holiday?  Possibly to Thailand now it's not on the red list.

6 minutes ago, kimamey said:

When you go back you will remember to let us know the  answer the question that's on all our minds won't you.

Was she there waiting for you or had she left for an urgent holiday?  Possibly to Thailand now it's not on the red list.

I did  post a  photo of her but it was  deemed   too offensive for delicate  souls.............again!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So what, plenty of people in the U.K. might be  thinking about coming to Thailand and unaware of the situation, forums are to inform people not slag them off.

And many people wanting to go back to UK for a while and then come back to their home in Thailand. How does this affect them (me)?

7 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

And many people wanting to go back to UK for a while and then come back to their home in Thailand. How does this affect them (me)?

Because people were refused boarding by the airlines in the U.K. even when they had a COE when they didn’t have reasonable reason too go to Thailand, currently business reasons.

• Confused 1

Hopefully there’s a stipulation.... No meat pies on your return to Thailand... just bustin you Brits balls..

I’m a fan of the meat pies and yes I made the mistake of taking the Black Cab to Airport while on 

Holiday in London..... Great place thoroughly enjoyed it... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

How can you take anyone seriously on this forum who doesn't know that the UK and US donated vaccines to third world countries like Thailand?

How can you take anyone seriously who can't read their own links.  Donated at cost price.  So these "third world countries" (you gave yourself a little kick again there) are paying for them.  From the article posted:

"Over half a billion doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine have been delivered at a non-profit price globally, with two-thirds going to lower- and middle-income countries.

Or here:  https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-56117120

Boris Johnson:  "There is no point in us vaccinating our individual populations - we've got to make sure the whole world is vaccinated because this is a global pandemic and it's no use one country being far ahead of another, we've got to move together."

He said he wanted to "ensure that we distribute vaccines at cost around the world - make sure everybody gets the vaccines that they need so that the whole world can come through this pandemic together."

Edited by josephbloggs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

How can you take anyone seriously who can't read their own links.  Donated at cost price.  So these "third world countries" (you gave yourself a little kick again there) are paying for them.  From the article posted:

"Over half a billion doses of the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine have been delivered at a non-profit price globally, with two-thirds going to lower- and middle-income countries.

Boris Johnson:  "There is no point in us vaccinating our individual populations - we've got to make sure the whole world is vaccinated because this is a global pandemic and it's no use one country being far ahead of another, we've got to move together."

He said he wanted to "ensure that we distribute vaccines at cost around the world - make sure everybody gets the vaccines that they need so that the whole world can come through this pandemic together."

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/uk-begins-donating-millions-covid-19-vaccines-overseas-0

And Brian's post?

Note the UK was also an early supporter of COVAX.

Thailand wouldn't agree to get vaccine's from COVAX and now, nearly a year after the first UK vaccinations, Thailand has only 30% of it's population vaccinated.

Even that number is doubtful because they gave people one of the Chinese vaccines to start with.

I look forward to you posting a link that show's Thailand helping other nations.

Get googling.

3 hours ago, Cherrytreeview said:

When's your return date to Thailand?

If your so confident, put your money where your mouth is.

I thought not.

Radio silence.

Actually on this occasion I agree with @Kadilo who said "Plenty of time before the Xmas/NY peak to make the changes, which was always the main goal. "

Before Covid I used to "Snowbird" in Thailand but never made any flight/ hotel bookings or apply for my visa before the November. Then just juggle my dates around the various availabilities. A day or 5 either way on a 2-3 month trip hardly matters! ????  Most years, the flight/ hotel bookings took a few hours, the visa a few days.

I'd like to do that this winter so if, repeat IF, Thailand drops the quarantine and other BS in the next month or so, and if, repeat IF, the entertainment opens up I'll start looking around. Que será, será. ????

Edited by VBF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Cherrytreeview said:

https://reliefweb.int/report/world/uk-begins-donating-millions-covid-19-vaccines-overseas-0

And Brian's post?

Note the UK was also an early supporter of COVAX.

Thailand wouldn't agree to get vaccine's from COVAX and now, nearly a year after the first UK vaccinations, Thailand has only 30% of it's population vaccinated.

Even that number is doubtful because they gave people one of the Chinese vaccines to start with.

I look forward to you posting a link that show's Thailand helping other nations.

Get googling.

Sigh.  I never made a claim Thailand was donating anything to anyone, never claimed Thailand was doing anything other than trying to look after its own people.  All I did was post a counter to an incorrect claim that the UK did everything better and was happily donating vaccines around the world to "third world countries" (hee hee, I called Thailand a third world country) when it is not true and the UK was charging "third world countries" (including Thailand, hee hee) for these "donations".

That's it.  

I am British and the UK has done many good things but I am not totally blinkered and I do not need to constantly belittle Thailand, nor do I need to make things up.  The UK made a horrible mess of Covid.  If that is hard for you to deal with that's fine.

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Half a billion delivered globally at cost price is completely separate to the 100 million that are being donated free. I've already provided one link for that but here's another, there are plenty more:

The cost of the vaccines will be officially classified as "overseas development aid", which means it forms part of the foreign aid budget

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Half a billion delivered globally at cost price is completely separate to the 100 million that are being donated free. I've already provided one link for that but here's another, there are plenty more:

The cost of the vaccines will be officially classified as "overseas development aid", which means it forms part of the foreign aid budget

Priceless.

The poster still thinks Thailand has been helping it's people.

15 hours ago, smedly said:

actually I think we will see a huge exit from Thailand, I know a lot of people that have been waiting for this and will now be making travel plans

Why? Thailand was only put on the UK red list at the end of August; that's about 6 weeks ago. Anyone wanting to go to the UK could have gone anytime over the Summer, albeit with the risk of home quarantine if testing positive.

15 hours ago, webfact said:

UK eases travel rules for countries including Thailand

Good news indeed, but for reference in the UK media 8 October 2021:-

Thailand: the country with the most complicated entry restrictions on Earth

https://uk.yahoo.com/style/thailand-country-most-complicated-entry-130813731.html

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

If you mean the FCO advice against all but essential travel, that will be almost certainly be amended on 11 October when Thailand is dropped from the Red List. Until then the current advice remains unchanged. Both sets of provisions are government mandated and are kept in step.

29 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Oh this is getting tiresome.  Do you want me to say Boris Johnson personally hugged everyone and Thailand has been butchering its people?  

Thailand closed borders early, introduced quarantine for those it did allow in to the country, took other costly measures to protect its people.  It decimated the tourism industry but generally protected the people as evidenced by the generally low infection and death rates.  Could they have done better?  Absolutely!  They were very slow to begin vaccinations.

Anyway, believe as you will, I am just trying to make sensible posts whereas you think the UK is superior just because it is "first world" and Thailand is a disaster just because you are bitter with your life here or whatever your beef is with the country.

Carry on!

Still no apology or acknowledgement that you posted incorrect information.

More deflection and personal insults.

It's pathetic.

I am glad that Thailand and many other countries got off the red list before their high tourist seasons open up.

When I looked at USA COVID death stat today, it looks like the eastern one third of that country looks buggered.

There are still over 1500 people dying in the US each day, many states are spiking in cases, as there are still lots

of anti vaxxing freedom seekers, looking to get sick from COVID. I read that even Alaska is spiking in their number of cases 

as well.  I may book a trip to Thailand in late December or early January if the rules relax more and there are less hoops to

jump through. The alcohol ban for tourist areas have to quit, as I do like to drink during my vacation.   I do expect to see

a dismal scene of Pattaya, Hua Hin and even parts of Bangkok that will still be shuttered and closed, as many businesses

are gone for good.  Next year may be a bit better as more of the population will have been vaccinated and dealing with

COVID may be done without making everyone go to the hospital if they get a false positive test with the defective testing

kits supplied from some bad quality places. 

Geezer

2 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Sigh.  I never made a claim Thailand was donating anything to anyone, never claimed Thailand was doing anything other than trying to look after its own people.  All I did was post a counter to an incorrect claim that the UK did everything better and was happily donating vaccines around the world to "third world countries" (hee hee, I called Thailand a third world country) when it is not true and the UK was charging "third world countries" (including Thailand, hee hee) for these "donations".

That's it.  

I am British and the UK has done many good things but I am not totally blinkered and I do not need to constantly belittle Thailand, nor do I need to make things up.  The UK made a horrible mess of Covid.  If that is hard for you to deal with that's fine.

Don’t worry too much. It’s a common these with newbies trying to make themselves noticed on the forums.
They normally calm down after a while once they have got the attention they need. 

14 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Don’t worry too much. It’s a common these with newbies trying to make themselves noticed on the forums.
They normally calm down after a while once they have got the attention they need. 

Trust you to befriend someone who post's factually incorrect information.

You were made for each other.

BA, Thai or Eva from London?

What's the pricing like @Kadilo?

You booked for the end of the year?