Had two AZ jabs. Is Moderna booster a good idea?

Cutty Shark

33 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

Now I've received a message from a facility where I previously applied for Moderna, offering me a Moderna shot in 2nd Quarter 2022. 

Do they know that you've had AZ 2X?

Anyway, you've got what 6 - 9 months to make a decision, right?

35 minutes ago, Cutty Shark said:

Do you think it would be good idea to accept it?

The "offer"? Or the dose?

If the former, maybe splash on the 1,650 baht now as "insurance'? If you've already paid then no hurry on the decision. 

Now, French embassy has a new campaign for Moderna vaccine ( for me, a dose after a Janssen dose 3 months ago, on octobrer 22 ) and they answer on their site a few questions ; " who can do what ? "

in your case, the answer is " yes , if you are more than 65  years old and at least 6 monts after your second AZ jab "

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Cutty Shark said:

Hi, just had my second AstraZeneca dose.  Now I've received a message from a facility where I previously applied for Moderna, offering me a Moderna shot in 2nd Quarter 2022.  Do you think it would be good idea to accept it?

It doesn't hurt to get a Moderna shot, My friend back in Canada is a doctor, and I asked him the same questions, and he said that it doesn't really matter, there's no harm getting a 3rd or 4th shot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive had the two  shots of Pfizer,  prior to that I had registered with a private hospital, and paid 3300 baht up front,  for the Moderna vaccine..     As   there is no one  wanting to  pay me the 3300 baht to take my place, when it arrives, and the hospital  has a no refund policy, I will  get in the queue  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Ive had the two  shots of Pfizer,  prior to that I had registered with a private hospital, and paid 3300 baht up front,  for the Moderna vaccine..     As   there is no one  wanting to  pay me the 3300 baht to take my place, when it arrives, and the hospital  has a no refund policy, I will  get in the queue  

I did the same with Udon Thani Bangkok Hospital.  They are refunding a portion.

Maybe double check.  I think the government made them by putting a ceiling on how much extra they could charge.

22 hours ago, Cutty Shark said:

Do you think it would be good idea to accept it?

Probably yes..!

Australian government, yesterday, has just recommended booster shots for the vulnerable as soon as possible and the rest of the population later.

Those with 2 mRNA vaccine shots (Pfiser/Moderna) to receive a third, those with 2 Astra Zeneca vaccine shots to recieve an mRNA vaccine as the third booster.!

1 hour ago, bbabythai said:

I would not do it. Moderna have never before released a vaccine. 

Im the same as. you and will be having AZ as my booster. I will not be mixing and matching jabs. Too much risk

Studies to date haven't shown any risk. And this isn't like mixing medications.

• Like 1

Probably sound logic to go down that route. I fully intend to boost my two AZs with a Moderna or Pfizer jab, but not until everyone who wants to be vaccinated has had their two shots, of course.

• Thanks 1

As on Monday 11 Oct 2021, in Australia, for the immune compromised, well it list very detailed, only people on Chemo (or recently), Organ Transplant in the last 4 years, Renal Dialysis and some very rare auto immune conditions, to get 3 initial shots, those who got AZ, the 3rd must be Pfizer or Moderna, and the others must get Pfizer. (3 to be the same, Moderna has not been here long enough at this stage for these folks to be 2 shots up yet.  Basically for simplicity I believe. )      In 9 months time, your AZ will be around half as effective as 3 weeks after your 2nd AZ shot, I would go it personally, but I suggest you seek highly qualified professional advice.

Vaccines don't linger, they do their job and are quickly cleared away, leaving behind only a better-trained immune system.

Moderna is both safe and effective. A booster can only help.

The only downside to consider is that you may taking away a jab from someone who needs it. That's a personal choice. However, overall vaccine production is now well over a billion doses per month, so that question is becoming less and less important.

Personally I got two Pfizers and then a Moderna six months later. Since then I've been exposed to the virus more than once and have not contracted the disease.

10 hours ago, placeholder said:

Studies to date haven't shown any risk. And this isn't like mixing medications.

Its only been a year and a half since the China virus started. These jabs are all rushed through health agencies around the world. Who knows.....   I will just stick with AZ all the way and will not mix and match

On 10/9/2021 at 8:32 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Apparently one guy has had 10 jabs already, he's taking peoples jabs so they can get a certificate

I’d take that with a very large pinch of salt. Certainly where I got my jabs it wouldn’t be possible with multiple ID checks.