Air emissions of PM2.5 dust particle reach unhealthy levels in many parts of Thailand, according to IQAir

snoop1130

So they provide the level of pollution but why do I never see any explanation of it? Thailand is still experiencing widespread rainfall which obviates specific blame on crop burn offs. If it is industrial in origin that should be easier to enforce regulation of but unlikely if the political vested interest is in reaping profit ahead of public health !

Come to sunny Issan and enjoy some real clean fresh air. I'm already looking forward to my morning walk in the countryside.

For the uninformed, blue is excellent and green is satisfactory.

Issan Air Quality.png

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The IQAir air quality check website has reported real-time Thailand’s most polluted cities ranking this morning with the considerably high PM2.5 concentration.

1. Mueng Nakhon Pathom district, Nakhon Pathom province with 152 US AQI........    That's me....

11 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

So they provide the level of pollution but why do I never see any explanation of it? Thailand is still experiencing widespread rainfall which obviates specific blame on crop burn offs. If it is industrial in origin that should be easier to enforce regulation of but unlikely if the political vested interest is in reaping profit ahead of public health !

No it doesn obviate the crop burn.  The crop burn has started despite the rainfall.  You can see the high pollution in rural areas around Bkk to north.  

19 minutes ago, Jimbo2014 said:

No it doesn obviate the crop burn.  The crop burn has started despite the rainfall.  You can see the high pollution in rural areas around Bkk to north.  

Those pollution levels also correspond closely to a concentration of Industries  in the "Economic Corridor " . The pollution levels in BKK have an established measured content of between 25<35% from crop burn off. More Northern regions undeniably suffer much more burn off problems usually starting from January .

It seems to me that at Government level they are content to allow blame almost entirely on the agricultural sector and saying "tut tut...we have tried to stop it" but rarely is there any expressed concern or publicity about the Industrial sector or emission control regulations imposed wherever they are surprisingly diversely located.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo2014 said:

Kiss those million dollar tourists goodbye - they prefer to breath regularly.

Apparently not, as millions flocked to Chiang Mai (pre-covid) during smog season when you can't see a damn thing from the hilltops, or even the hilltop if more than 1 km away ????

• Sad 1

I have been following the progress and start point of the pollution on Ventusky, a weather app, for a few weeks now, and it is startlingly obvious that the place it all comes from, in this region, is Bangkok.

Wether it is factories or car emissions is not obvious, but it seems to be coming from big cities like BKK. 

2 hours ago, Tarteso said:

Number ONE again?

Wait for the real smog season ????

Mid February, the 'mountains' around us disappear from view.

The difference in the view between then and say September is staggering.

I am 99% convinced Thais see this smog and believe it is in the distance, not a clue they are actually living it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

Mid February, the 'mountains' around us disappear from view.

I live in the mountains, in smog season I can't see farther than 50 meters. The indolence of the authorities with the help of neighbors burning everything they can make me disappear from these killers  about 3 months. For years I rent a Condo in the beach avoiding the pollution in the north.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nojohndoe said:

Those pollution levels also correspond closely to a concentration of Industries  in the "Economic Corridor " . The pollution levels in BKK have an established measured content of between 25<35% from crop burn off. More Northern regions undeniably suffer much more burn off problems usually starting from January .

It seems to me that at Government level they are content to allow blame almost entirely on the agricultural sector and saying "tut tut...we have tried to stop it" but rarely is there any expressed concern or publicity about the Industrial sector or emission control regulations imposed wherever they are surprisingly diversely located.

The industry pollution, burning from cremations and emission from poorly tuned diesel vehicles are undoubtable massive contributing factors.  When the air movement stagnates or come south in winter then Bkk gets hit hard.  However this is massively increased through Crop burning from November through to April.  What use to be 1-2 crop burn cycles on a small scale is now 3 cycles on a large grand industrial scale.  The problem is that it takes place right across Asia to India (Myanmar/Cambodia/China does it massively from Nov).  Added to it is huge coal burning from China during the cold months - this year prepare for worse since they cut Australian coal and use the dirtier home grown coal and manufacturing is up (power consumption).  End result - the air north of southern phuket turns into a massive choke from about mid November onwards - although you can see signs of it starting to build mid Oct.  Very sad situation.  Paradise lost.

• Like 1