Thailand Bottom of World Pension Table

Ned Ludd

32 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Well it's a forum so get people who have no experience of many things that happen in Thailand. 

I expect they are Thai haters and live in a bubble. ????????

Oh yes... I'm a Thai hater. A classic reply.

Thailand Pensions greatly Enhanced by their marvellous virtually Free National Health System and Plentiful Cheap Fresh Produce.Open Heart Surgery aged Sir ? that’ll be 30 baht. plus their Great Respect & Care for the Elderly.Nobody Starves Here either. Climate means NO Expensive Heating Equipment & Fuel or Costly Heavy Clothing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

Thailand Pensions greatly Enhanced by their marvellous virtually Free National Health System and Plentiful Cheap Fresh Produce.Open Heart Surgery aged Sir ? that’ll be 30 baht. plus their Great Respect & Care for the Elderly.Nobody Starves Here either. Climate means NO Expensive Heating Equipment & Fuel or Costly Heavy Clothing.

So I take it you would bd happy with 500 baht every month, and thats it ! At 70 and thats your lot but atleast you have healthcare ?

But of course thats better than 500 a month a NO healthcare. I think the pension is a disgrace !.

Charlie. :didn’t check any pension figures. just went for the “mitigating” factors ! compared to UK……

but hell thats low…what on earth is it based on … rabbit food for one week ? the disabled allowance is also pathetic, like 250 baht monthly I hear…..token gestures of no practical use.

15 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

So I take it you would bd happy with 500 baht every month, and thats it ! At 70 and thats your lot but atleast you have healthcare ?

But of course thats better than 500 a month a NO healthcare. I think the pension is a disgrace !.

It's starts at 600 baht in our province and at 70 they get 700 baht and a 100 extra every 10 years older. 

If a man is unable to work under 60 they get a 1000baht a month. 

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

It's starts at 600 baht in our province and at 70 they get 700 baht and a 100 extra every 10 years older. 

If a man is unable to work under 60 they get a 1000baht a month. 

Still a pittance though isnt it. They (elderly) should be getting that (or more)per week in my opinion. Presently the kids support them if they have any.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbko said:

Agree, there's 195 countries in the world, if Thailand is #43 that leaves out 152 other countries, so how can they be at the "bottom"?

I was checking that out. It turns out that the countries listed are the only ones who were prepared to make available the information required to compile the list. Obviously, Thailand is more transparent than many make it out to be or perhaps it's just careless and did not know it had made the information available.

I honestly had no idea thqat the Thai pensions were so bad but in the end it is all relative.

8 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

How  about the open heart surgery ?

I don't have any experience of something like that in our family. 

Some of the family have been in hospital to stay for operations and only extra they paid was for a better room rather than stay in the common ward.

I've been in a common ward and it so noisy they allow all the family in by beds. ????

I paid 700 a night for a large air-con room with only 4 beds.

8 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Still a pittance though isnt it. They (elderly) should be getting that (or more)per week in my opinion. Presently the kids support them if they have any.

Well that's the way it is with people who have been through  self-employed and not saved, and yes family and friends help. 

Man and woman in our Soi both retired teachers get 60,000 baht a month each. 

Big rich poor divide. 

Just now, micmichd said:

"Free" probably means "paid by taxes" 

My favorite argument. You think Thai healthcare is not paid by taxes? The difference is the same standard of quality healthcare is available to everyone regardless of how much tax they paid....unlike in Thailand.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2021 at 9:53 AM, Kwasaki said:

Thai health care is cost 30 baht how much is it in your country.

I pay for my health care here and it's cheaper than getting a prescription from a UK doctor and paying at a chemist. 

It certainly wasn't 30 baht for my Thai partner's family when his elderly Mom got sick.  Try 2MB.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, newnative said:

It certainly wasn't 30 baht for my Thai partner's family when his elderly Mom got sick.  Try 2MB.

I'm talking looking after the poor the the govt hospital in our area Sukhothai is excellent.

What poor people have got 2 million don't be so silly, they die. 

Same as many countries. 

On 10/29/2021 at 1:26 AM, HappyGoLuckyLife said:

Bro, one of the main reasons I'm cashing out early and moving to Thailand. Too busy working my ass off to enjoy video gaming and writing novels, so I grinded my way through my work life, created an exit plan, and will spend the rest of my life gaming, traveling, and writing novels while continuing to be smart about money. I'll be 50 btw! 

I located to Thailand when I was 49... 62 now, best move I ever made.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2021 at 12:59 AM, it is what it is said:

how much national insurance do they pay?

In which country? For Thai it is a voluntary thing as far as I know. The employee and employer pay 50/50 @B900 total. 

3 minutes ago, Surasak said:

In which country? For Thai it is a voluntary thing as far as I know. The employee and employer pay 50/50 @B900 total. 

It's based on salary and not voluntary. Maximum employee contribution is 750 baht / month. I think the minimum is less than 100 baht. 

1 minute ago, KhaoNiaw said:

It's based on salary and not voluntary. Maximum employee contribution is 750 baht / month. I think the minimum is less than 100 baht. 

Let me add from personal experience, our housekeeper requested this. We pay B900 between us to the Thai SSO each month via a bank transfer from the business A/C. Not sure of the full details as it is not me personally paying this.