Thai tourism minister admits to blunder over pop idol’s appearance at New Year event

webfact

26 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Ouija board

That’s what it was going to cost, whatever the cost, they are idiots of the highest decree, not worthy of a job on the land, just what credentials does this  minister have to hold this job down, ah I have worked it out, his is a friend of the Czar.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oxx said:

So he's admitted to making what is in fact a very major mistake that makes himself and Thailand look utterly ridiculous.  Why hasn't he fallen on his sword and resigned?

If a drug dealer doesn't resign why do you expect him to?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, RobU said:

I think the people posting on this thread should be congratulating him for being Honest and admitting his mistake rather than finding fault. It shows that there is honour in Thai politics

Honour and politics aren't synonymous whatsoever - anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Honour and politics aren't synonymous whatsoever - anywhere. 

You are probably right, this chap may be an anomaly that got through the international system which filters out the decent truth tellers. I suspect that he may be for the chop since people on both sides of the fence will be screaming for his resignation. i.e. resign because he is stupid for telling the truth or resign because he made a mistake (as some on this forum are spouting) so d****d if you are honourable and d****d if you are not.

NOW i really understand why my exwife lied and cheated me...the goverment said its ok.

Same the taxidriver from BKK to Surin.Agree 5000 bath.Before arrived half way he said 7000..I told him to stop the trip.I paid him 2500 and took another taxi.I paid the new taxi 1500 bath.Both happy.(maybe not the first taxi)

5 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Thainess.

Announce first. Think later.

It's not an exclusive Thai trait. Don't be silly. Such generalizations are borderline racism. There is a group of foreigners on this forum who constantly criticize this country, the people, the police   the religion, the culture endlessly making snide unjust comments but not daring to say where they come from. The criticisms are usually invalid, boring and witless but for the people who make them they must assuage their feelings of inadequacy and inferiority. Not that you feel inferior. Quite the opposite  I'm sure.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, stigar said:

NOW i really understand why my exwife lied and cheated me...the goverment said its ok.

Same the taxidriver from BKK to Surin.Agree 5000 bath.Before arrived half way he said 7000..I told him to stop the trip.I paid him 2500 and took another taxi.I paid the new taxi 1500 bath.Both happy.(maybe not the first taxi)

Wow! You have had some bad luck here...