Thailand Pass Is Up And Running

13 minutes ago, bolt said:

As per below, it doesn’t mention flight tickets, do we have to upload them ??

Documents for "Test & Go"

·         Passport

·         Thai Visa (if required)

·         Certificate of Vaccination

·         Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)

·         Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD

there was a place to type in the arrival flight(s), but don't need to upload a flight itinerary or receipt.  

My itinerary is JFK-HEL-BKK. On my first app (still awaiting notification of approval or rejection) I only listed the final HEL-BKK leg, which contradicted with my departure location (JFK in New York). When I resubmitted, I kept JFK as my departure point but I listed both flights, JFK-HEL and HEL-BKK.  Only the second application (submitted 3 days later) was approved.  I am NOT saying it's because of this reason as I changed a bunch of stuff, but I think this is a better way to do it.

That's more of an answer than you asked for but maybe it helps others.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Salerno said:

You have to tell them the flight number so if you're sure it won't get booked out you can wing it that way and grab a flight after TP is issued.

@bolt Sorry, but there may be a "gotcha" with the above; I "think" all hotels need flight details (along with other docs) when booking, not sure if they'd accept just a flight number and without the hotel booking no TP. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bolt said:

So technically we only have to pay in advance

·         Insurance  COVID $50k

·         Hotel Test and Go

As long as the Flight matches the arrival date with hotel we can pay for flight later, once we have QR code ???

I didn't think this was why you asked previously but as far as I can tell, yeah you could do this.  As I write above, all you need to do it to type in the flights, not upload any proof that the fights were ever booked. You could just go to travelocity and find any flights that work and type the flight numbers in I suppose. 

My hotel did ask for my flight info though before they issued the letter I uploaded, as the letter included the flight numbers, airport pickup and PCR test stuff, but again I guess I could have told them any flights even though I did send a real itinerary.

4 minutes ago, Salerno said:

@bolt Sorry, but there may be a "gotcha" with the above; I "think" all hotels need flight details (along with other docs) when booking, not sure if they'd accept just a flight number and without the hotel booking no TP. 

I'm staying at the JW Marriott in Bangkok, so it's a big high profile hotel and I just went through all this with them and got my TP. They did not do this in the way you describe. I am sure they have their <deleted> together as far as working with Thailand Pass.

I booked on marriott.com, the big corporate web site isn't set up for Thailand Pass but I selected and paid for the special Test & Go rate that is specifically set up for Thailand Pass. I immediately got a reservation confirmation, but it didn't have the details for Thailand Pass yet. So it wasn't good enough for upload. But the booking was done first.

The hotel immediately emailed me and asked for a bunch of info, including my flight details.  They did NOT ask for a flight itinerary or receipt, they just wanted the airline, flight number, and arrival time.  I could have just pulled some info from any flight off travelocity or any web site.  In my case I used my real booked/paid for flight info but they didn't know that. I did not provide a flight reservation number.

Using the info I provided they sent me a letter on their letterhead that had all the Thailand Pass info, including the airport pickup, quarantine info, and the RT-PCT Test info at Bumrungrad Hospital. I uploaded this letter and it worked as I got my TP.

Bottom line: as far as I can tell, you don't need to actually book a flight, but I did.

• Like 1

Hi im stuck on purpose of arrival page , i fill that in press register and then get a  Appplication error a client side exception error has occured, see browser console for more information. 

Sorry if this has already been covered but any ideas please.

9 minutes ago, CFCjeff said:

Hi im stuck on purpose of arrival page , i fill that in press register and then get a  Appplication error a client side exception error has occured, see browser console for more information. 

Sorry if this has already been covered but any ideas please.

Try a different browser.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Querparker said:

I have tried reaching out to the Thai Pass hotline at +66 2572 8442. But it always says that the number is not available. Does it work for you guys?

Sometimes, but nobody has ever answered.

51 minutes ago, PabloSanDiego said:

I'm staying at the JW Marriott in Bangkok, so it's a big high profile hotel and I just went through all this with them and got my TP. They did not do this in the way you describe. I am sure they have their <deleted> together as far as working with Thailand Pass.

I booked on marriott.com, the big corporate web site isn't set up for Thailand Pass but I selected and paid for the special Test & Go rate that is specifically set up for Thailand Pass. I immediately got a reservation confirmation, but it didn't have the details for Thailand Pass yet. So it wasn't good enough for upload. But the booking was done first.

The hotel immediately emailed me and asked for a bunch of info, including my flight details.  They did NOT ask for a flight itinerary or receipt, they just wanted the airline, flight number, and arrival time.  I could have just pulled some info from any flight off travelocity or any web site.  In my case I used my real booked/paid for flight info but they didn't know that. I did not provide a flight reservation number.

Using the info I provided they sent me a letter on their letterhead that had all the Thailand Pass info, including the airport pickup, quarantine info, and the RT-PCT Test info at Bumrungrad Hospital. I uploaded this letter and it worked as I got my TP.

Bottom line: as far as I can tell, you don't need to actually book a flight, but I did.

You’re right about the flight details, I’ve already done 3 COE” s and the hotels needs your flight information to ensure they pick you up from the correct flight.

If I don’t pay for my flight, I can still send flight details, but I’ll need to make sure I can get on that flight.

Thanks for your help

Just now, bolt said:

You’re right about the flight details, I’ve already done 3 COE” s and the hotels needs your flight information to ensure they pick you up from the correct flight.

If I don’t pay for my flight, I can still send flight details, but I’ll need to make sure I can get on that flight.

Thanks for your help

Some airlines allow 72hr reserve flight (and lock in price) for $10-$25, this might be enough time to align all the other requirements without committing to the flight, this option mainly appears directly on the airline websites - singapore airline, BA, srilankan etc..

Alternatively many airlines are offering free flight changes, BA, Singapore, Emirates, Qatar, SriLankan known to me, and probably the others, again this option is usually only available via the airlines directly, OTA will do it too with their "change fees" added unless you purchase their pointless flexibility packages (gotogate, budgetair, travelgate etc..)

11 hours ago, alyx said:

By acceptance, do you mean that you had confirmation that your application will be processed or did you get approval with QR code attached ?

Confirmation that my application will be processed only.

13 hours ago, Salerno said:
On 11/8/2021 at 3:36 AM, WhatAboutBob said:

NO Insurance company will ever pay for a hospital stay and treatment if you are not sick.

There are, such as AXA and Tune Protect which are a good back up policy if your normal insurance doesn't. 

Does anyone have the PRECISE wording from either an AXA or Tune Protect policy that SPECIFICALLY states that?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Salerno said:

Contact them and ask them to confirm it.

21 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Does anyone have the PRECISE wording from either an AXA or Tune Protect policy that SPECIFICALLY states that?

The Tune polcy doesnt state it explicitly. But I think it is covered by the definition of sickness including "irregularity" and "disease", both of which cover it. I am seeking confirmation and will post when (if) I get it.

17 minutes ago, rem888 said:
36 minutes ago, Salerno said:

41 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

The Tune polcy doesnt state it explicitly. But I think it is covered by the definition of sickness including "irregularity" and "disease", both of which cover it. I am seeking confirmation and will post when (if) I get it.

The ambiguity and wiggle room left my insurance companies commonly plays in their failure. 

IF I my PCR test is positive (asymptomatic), I will suddenly come down with symptoms, lost of smell, tightness of chest, shortness of breath, headache...  I will also demand a second followup PCR test as confirmation.

This ‘should’ be good enough to ensure that the Insurance company cannot wiggle out of paying for ‘isolation / treatment’.

But, if we are taken to a Hospitel (isolation hotel / hospital-hotel) I’m not sure if the insurance would deem that as ‘treatment’ and instead consider it ‘isolation’ or ‘quarantine’ which I’m sure they’d wiggle out of paying. 

• Like 2

Just received my QR Code. I think they are now on top of this now and if you have received the email confirming submission you will likely receive a QR code (or rejection reason) in good time. My timeline:

UK Citizen with no middle name on NHS vaccine certificate. Submitted November 2 received QR code November 9, Flying 23 November.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Rman said:

I have a EU Vaccination Certificate and it only shows ...overall doses... 2/2.

I was told to load up the same certificate twice. Date of 2nd Vaccination must be later than the first one. I gave in 25.6. instead of 24.6.

The application was accepted and I received my confirmation email immediately.

Lets hope they understand the problem (only 1 certificate) when they check my application.

They fixed the Janssen issue about 24 hours after launch. Now, when you select Janssen, the Dose 2 block is hidden, as it should be.

1 hour ago, Salerno said:
1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Or I could read through the +40 page policy general terms that are freely downloadable. However, I am packing for my trip and since my time is at a premium, I was taking the 'fast track' option and asking forum members who may have purchased either AXA or Tune C-19 insurance and have read and understood the T&C's.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, shdmn said:

You are....

Wrong!!!

Incorrect!!!

Mistaken!!!

I notice you haven't replied to my earlier question as to where I am wrong.

Last night I completed my Thailand Pass application and received the pass this morning.  As part of that process applicants are required to selected the method of entry; Exempt, Sandbox or Alternative Quarantine. You select your entry type and are then presented with a set of relevant terms and conditions for entry - obviously I accepted them.

The terms and conditions that I agreed to contained a statement exactly the same as that which I posted last night:

I acknowledge and accept that, upon my arrival and during my stay in Thailand:

I shall be subject to entry screening measures for respiratory symptoms and temperature measurement for fever at the Port of Arrival through which I am entering Thailand;

2. I will directly travel from my port of arrival to my reserved accommodation via a designated sealed route;

3. I will be responsible for all relevant costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic tests by RT-PCR technique at locations designated by the Thai Government. I shall undertake the first test upon my arrival in Thailand and should I stay in the Sandbox Programme for 7 days, I shall undertake a second test during the 6th-7th day or as required or deemed necessary by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

3.1 I will undertake additional test(s) from Clause no. 3 based on the basis of the condition below:

๐ If I stay in the Sandbox programme less than 7 days, I shall take the second test during the 6th-7th day of my stay or as required by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand

4. For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

5. For the Sandbox programme:

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

Its clear to me that nowhere in the two conditions for Exemption from Quarantine does it state I will have to take a further test. It does however, state in 3. that those entering under the Sandbox scheme will have to take a test on day 6 or 7.  I signed up for Exemption from Quarantine and as per the conditions above, I don't expect to be required to take any further tests.

Some embassies, consulates and hotels also seem to have got this mixed up - hardly surpising given the variations in information that exist.

I don't know if you're a drunk or a troll but you often come on here arguing with people, yet on the occasions you're asked to back up your statements, you simply go quiet - troll behaviour.

I posted the information in an effort to help people - as many do on this forum.  If your only contributions are to argue with people then I pity you.

Edited by KhaoYai
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2021 at 3:36 AM, WhatAboutBob said:

Does everyone travelling know this is a major financial and health risk if you are forced into a hospital when you are not actually sick....

They certainly will mate.. maybe not some NA insurance company as you have found out but the Thai based ones state asymptomatic coverage

22 minutes ago, KhaoYai said:

I notice you haven't replied to my earlier question as to where I am wrong.

Last night I completed my Thailand Pass application and received the pass this morning.  As part of that process applicants are required to selected the method of entry; Exempt, Sandbox or Alternative Quarantine. You select your entry type and are then presented with a set of relevant terms and conditions for entry - obviously I accepted them.

The terms and conditions that I agreed to contained a statement exactly the same as that which I posted last night:

I acknowledge and accept that, upon my arrival and during my stay in Thailand:

I shall be subject to entry screening measures for respiratory symptoms and temperature measurement for fever at the Port of Arrival through which I am entering Thailand;

2. I will directly travel from my port of arrival to my reserved accommodation via a designated sealed route;

3. I will be responsible for all relevant costs associated with COVID-19 diagnostic tests by RT-PCR technique at locations designated by the Thai Government. I shall undertake the first test upon my arrival in Thailand and should I stay in the Sandbox Programme for 7 days, I shall undertake a second test during the 6th-7th day or as required or deemed necessary by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand.

3.1 I will undertake additional test(s) from Clause no. 3 based on the basis of the condition below:

๐ If I stay in the Sandbox programme less than 7 days, I shall take the second test during the 6th-7th day of my stay or as required by the Ministry of Public Health of Thailand

4. For the Exemption from Quarantine scheme:

4.1 I shall be quarantine for one day.

4.2 After a negative (not detected) RT-PCR test result, I am permitted to travel without restrictions in Thailand.

5. For the Sandbox programme:

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/policy

Its clear to me that nowhere in the two conditions for Exemption from Quarantine does it state I will have to take a further test. It does however, state in 3. that those entering under the Sandbox scheme will have to take a test on day 6 or 7.  I signed up for Exemption from Quarantine and as per the conditions above, I don't expect to be required to take any further tests.

Some embassies, consulates and hotels also seem to have got this mixed up - hardly surpising given the variations in information that exist.

I don't know if you're a drunk or a troll but you often come on here arguing with people, yet on the occasions you're asked to back up your statements, you simply go quiet - troll behaviour.

I posted the information in an effort to help people - as many do on this forum.  If your only contributions are to argue with people then I pity you.

Anyone doing sandbox that second test is just a atk test you do yourself and show to the hotel.. initially I saw them being advertised as part of the test and go packages but most don't mention them now.

Atk test kits are pretty cheap so I assume if you was to worried about testing positive on day 6 you could do a few tests and show them the result that suits you. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rem888 said:

Just received my QR Code. I think they are now on top of this now and if you have received the email confirming submission you will likely receive a QR code (or rejection reason) in good time. My timeline:

UK Citizen with no middle name on NHS vaccine certificate. Submitted November 2 received QR code November 9, Flying 23 November.

Which vaccine have you had bud?
thanks

myles 

Finally got it, applied on the 2nd, received the Pass on Hotmail (went to junk) I had not received the confirmation.

Flight on the 15th (arrival the 17th)

Canadian Vaccine, no passport number on vaccine page, no nationality

Canadian Insurance (Sunlife letter)

Agoda Booking

5 Demands, 2 emails, the first demand got accepted as the next 4 was using gmail.

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Just looked at it… 

They were more interested in the PCR test and also asked for my insurance. 

Transfer staff did the same (two leg flight) 

Interesting that they asked for insurance. My travel insurance policy starts on 11/28 as that's when I arrive in BKK. My first flight is out of Chicago on 11/26 local date. I wonder if the airline will quibble about that?

14 minutes ago, Myles91 said:

Anyone from the U.K. U.S. got approved with the Pfizer vaccine? with 8-12 week interval between doses? 

thanks

myles 

I got approved in the UK with 2 shots of Pfizer about 5 weeks apart. I had to get my GP to accelerate the 2nd shot due to overseas travel. I would assume that most others getting approval from the UK will have their government mandated 8-week gap between shots? The US works to the manufacturer's original 4-week shot gap, same as Thailand. There's no stated limits on the TP application regarding the shot gap, just need the 2 shots and be fully vaccinated.