First group of 43 passengers arrives from Japan as Thailand reopens borders Monday

snoop1130

4 hours ago, koratkarlos said:

Perhaps there is a misunderstanding.  The people coming into Thailand are vaccinated and tested.  Clearly masks, social distancing and alchohol shoul be used by all.  But HAZMAT suits.  Really.  I wish such efforts would be used at the local schools, markets and shopping areas where the real COVID transmission is taking place.  The central issue is to open up Thailand for the people living here now.  And do it safely.  The people arriving into Thailand under the current protocol will not adversely affect the spread of COVID, in my humble opinion.

Great post.....

If only those in charge had any common sense whatsoever. it would benefit Thailand and its people massively.

Im desperate to come back to Thailand..

No way in hell though, am I desperate to go through all the hoops, just to enter Thailand. THEN!  To be greeted by a massive overkill on arrival. to then have another test, go to some hotel, wait for the results ("personally" I wouldnt put much trust in the results anyway!),.

THEN! 

When (If!) you manage to do the above, off you go.....be aware though, lots of things arent open, if you want a sociable drink etc. (yes I know you can buy a drink in 7 or similar!     who wants that? Certainly not  the mega millionaires T.A.T. want in!) then tough luck.

I love Thailand, i was "hoping" next year January/February time, it may be open "properly".....with each passing day, I get less hopeful though!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Petey11 said:

What a welcome, greeted by fully clad in PPE officials, nothing like making people feel welcome, treating them like they are all carrying Ebola.

Another wheel on the thai welcome wagon starts to wobble.....if this hasnt been a wake up call to the thai boys in charge nothing will get thru....good grief

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Petey11 said:

What a welcome, greeted by fully clad in PPE officials, nothing like making people feel welcome, treating them like they are all carrying Ebola.

They must've not received the memo that the dreaded COVID doesn't stay alive terribly long on surfaces and isn't transmitted in such a matter.........this was understood five months in [early covid era]. 

The biohazard garbs aren't necessary nor is the incessive wiping down of everything and anything. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steven100 said:

are all the tourists dirty  ?    I know there are dirty farang in Thailand already 

Nearly two years since he made that comment.  When are you planning on getting over it?  It is getting extremely boring now.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, HeijoshinCool said:

43 Thais coming home and 11 foreigners....

Of which 9 were crew.

Tonight, 9 more bowls of Ramen sold than usual in Sukhumvit.

Big money!

The photos are of Ana flight 805, which arrives at 00.05. I have taken that flight, and that's a normal passenger load these days. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Tight health safety controls were in place with more officials present than arriving passengers.

The arrivals included 32 Thai nationals and 11 others of various nationalities who flew from Narita international airport in Japan.

Speaks volumes.

Just now, Danderman123 said:

The photos are of Ana flight 805, which arrives at 00.05. I have taken that flight, and that's a normal passenger load these days. 

I had 26 on my ANA flight a few weeks' back.....

Love that airline, though, great service.

• Thanks 1

Wearing full PPE suits, officials checked passengers’ documents, to make sure they met the safety and immigration requirements. All luggage was sprayed with disinfectants before being loaded onto waiting vans, which took them to their pre-booked accommodation.

Fully inoculated, tested and already proved safe to travel being treated like lepers at the airport.

Welcome to Thailand.

13 hours ago, bdenner said:

TAT along with all the idiots associated with  them must be cumming in their respective jocks over this exciting revelation!

How graphic. Thank you. Helped divert my thoughts from other exciting revelations.

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The arrivals included 32 Thai nationals and 11 others of various nationalities who flew from Narita international airport in Japan.

So 11 foreigners, who might not all be tourists tourists...????

Mainly Thais returning home they are not tourists in all honesty the people I see returning will be Thai nationals or ex pats who got caught up in Covid and are returning I cannot see many tourists arriving until early next years providing the restrictions have all been lifted