Have you been afraid of Covid-19 in the past 1.5 years?

peter zwart

Many platforms are writing about the situation with Covid-19 and readers are responding to it. One does not take it so closely and the other is very scared. Fear, misunderstanding, anger and even aggression can be found in many reactions. What has Covid done to your state of mi

Many platforms are writing about the situation with Covid-19 and readers are responding to it. One does not take it so closely and the other is very scared. Fear, misunderstanding, anger and even aggression can be found in many reactions. What has Covid done to your state of mind?

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Flu is as likely to get me as COVID.

Why worry about something so unlikely to happen?

This is what happened to me 10 years ago when I flew to Japan. Some American doctor kept insisting to chat with me while spitting on my face. 4 days later while in Tokyo I got sick. Returned to Canada and was getting worse. Doctors just said the usual, drink and rest... Which I did for almost 3 months. Then I noticed breathing problems which I never had before, but last to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's the "question" posed by the OP

Many platforms are writing about the situation with Covid-19 and readers are responding to it. One does not take it so closely and the other is very scared. Fear, misunderstanding, anger and even aggression can be found in many reactions. What has Covid done to your state of mind

Not an honest question at all. .  He's offering only 2 options if I understand his somewhat peculiar English correctly (clearly he's not a native speaker of English) One is that people either take it in a relaxed way and the other is "very scared". This is what's called a "close-ended" question. In this case the 2nd option is that  someone is "very scared" which implies that they're in the grip of a strong emotion and hence being irrational.  Are those the only 2 possibilities?  Obviously an honest question would either be open-ended i.e. one in which no option is suggested, or, if a closed-ended question, , one that includes a wide range of possible responses. Not just 2. It's obvious where the OP is coming from. 

Edited by placeholder
  • Like 2

OP Title should read “afraid ….to Die….of Covid”, right ? In which case NO.

As a Fit Healthy Unfat Vaxxed 65, have made a maximum effort not to Die, reduced oddsNear Zero

If just generally afraid of other covid “consequences”.Again, NO.

Not because the consequences have not been devastating to people socially & financially….they have, but they are a done deal with no individual control so what use would “being afraid” be ? 

Covid is just another Life Risk to Identify, Minmize & Manage, like Health or Road Safety.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blackprince said:

foreign residents in Thailand really should consider is that if they test positive for Covid they will be put in hospital and will not be allowed visitors. In most areas the nurses and most doctors will speak rudimentary English at best. You will be in large shared wards or field wards where few if any of the other patients speak English beyond a basic level.

In other words, a perfect opportunity to learn the Thai language, and no distractions.

• Haha 1

I don't remember the flu disrupting the world's economy. 

" The World Health Organization estimates that 290,000 to 650,000 people die of flu-related causes every year worldwide.

The COVID-19 situation continues to change, sometimes rapidly. Doctors and scientists are working to estimate the mortality rate of COVID-19. At present, it is thought to be substantially higher (possibly 10 times or more) than that of most strains of the flu."

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-disease-2019-vs-the-flu

And that's with preventive measures that have brought the world to a standstill .

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden misinformation post removed

17 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

It's not the virus that disrupts world's eco´nomy, it's the reaction on it.

The  quote  and link that I posted from the very prestigious John Hopkins school of medicine. seems to indicate that the Mortality rate of Covid 19 is as much as 10 greater than the flu. Which is what I was responding at. 

To say that "It's not the virus that disrupts world's eco´nomy, it's the reaction on it. " is like saying it is not the bullet that killed it's the response of the body to the impact.

I think you are trying to imply that the response is out of proportion to the threat, which is arguable , but others might argue that the response is inadequate. 

both are neither here or there, the reality is , that it is disrupting and as such one needs to be concerned. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, sirineou said:

The  quote  and link that I posted from the very prestigious John Hopkins school of medicine.

I know the article you linked. Other studies come to very different results and I think no one of us is able to decide which one are more right.

I think you are trying to imply that the response is out of proportion to the threat, which is arguable , but others might argue that the response is inadequate. 

both are neither here or there, the reality is , that it is disrupting and as such one needs to be concerned. 

That's what I wanted to say. Sorry, English is not my language and became a little rusty over the years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherHun said:

I know the article you linked. Other studies come to very different results and I think no one of us is able to decide which one are more right.

can you please send me a link to those studies , It would be interesting to see.

Don t worry about the language , I realise we are all from different countries, languages and cultures. ????

• Like 1